Oscraps

October Challenge #5 - Artist Inspiration

scribler

The O is my hOme.
CHEERY O
1632408510927.png
All members that participate, can everyone PLEASE ensure that you read all the rules for this challenge so that you can claim your challenge points. Thank you! :)

October is a good month for me. Not only will I be celebrating my birthday but I am also getting to host one of my favorite challenges this month, the Artist Inspiration challenge. I just love seeing where the shared art leads everyone's page creation.

For October, we are going to focus on photographers for our artist inspiration. Our first artist is Ansel Adams. I have been in love with his black & white photos since my college days. Here are a few photos that might inspire you.

AnselAdams2.jpg

I realize that everyone might not be inspired by black & white photography. Maybe your inspiration will be found in these photos by Galen Rowell.

GalenRowell.jpg

In creating your layout this month, please do not use the photos above in your layout. These photos may be copyrighted.

Your challenge this month is to create a layout inspired by one or more of these photographs. The page can contain photos or be photoless. The topic and contents of the page are up to you but it must be inspired by one or more of the above images.

Here is my page. I was inspired by the photo of the single piece of foliage from Adam Ansel. Initially, my masked photo was going to be in b&w except for the hibiscus flower itself. Once I began working on my page, I realized the page would be better if I used the full color photo. I can't wait to see where your inspiration takes you.

FloridaFal.jpg
Created using Fabulous Fall Mega Collection from Karen Schulz & Linda Cumberland

RULES:
- Create a page inspired by one or more of the photos above from Ansel Adams and Galen Rowell.
- Please use 80% Oscraps products that are currently in the store.
- Non-Oscraps products or retired O designer products can be used whether the designer is selling elsewhere or not.
- You need to credit all the products used on your layout.
- Your layout can not be used for more than one challenge.
- Your page must be posted in the Challenge 5 gallery by midnight PST 31 OCTOBER 2021 and linked back to this thread (see below on how to add your linked layout).
- And do not forget to update the CURRENT MONTH'S TRACKING THREAD to be eligible for your coupon.

Adding a linked layout from the Gallery to a thread:
1. Upload your layout to the gallery first. In your forum post click the Gallery Embed icon (little camera).
2. This will open your gallery, simply click on the layout you require, then scroll down to the bottom of the screen and click the Continue button.
3. Your linked layout is now in your post, the image will appear once you have clicked the Post Reply button.

Last edited:

Glori2

My inspiration is mainly the 3rd photo down of the colored photos along with the colors of fall in the first of the colored photos. It was the depth perspective and seeing trees in the background as in my layout.

scribler

The O is my hOme.
CHEERY O
I am so happy that both photographers are inspiring pages. I love what I am seeing so far.

tjscraps

Here is mine - inspired by Ansel Adams. Usually with pictures I take of the mountains I always scrap them in colour, but B&W really worked for this one because it wasn't the greatest quality of photo out a window in a restaurant.

RJMJ

CHEERY O
Hello! Everyone!...This is my first challenge & upload as an Oscraps Member/And/Or Cheery-O!!!...I'm excited! to be here!...but A bit nervous as this is my first post to a challenge gallery or any other posting gallery...I wanted this challenge to be all about Halloween...Since this is the end of October & Halloween is TODAY!...I won't have much chance to create a lot of these going forward for the season...I LOVE! creating Halloween! layouts!...I have created 10 I think so far...[non-Oscraps : posted on my fb page]...And I like to challenge myself...so I chose 3 different collections to create this layout!...2 Of which are Halloween themed but one is non-halloween!...I really wanted to showcase a lot of the wonderful! elements in these collections...so I did a filled-page...this is my Style!...Artsy & full page with a lot of elements! & WA!...But you will see a bunch of different styles also in my gallery moving forward...O.K...here goes!...

For this challenge I was inspired by 3 of the photographs :

1. Was the Ansel Adams B&W photo Of the leaf : so Large! Foliage!...Will be in my layout despite the overall Halloween theme
2. The bright colors of the first colored photograph by Galen Rowell : IE : the color Orange
3. The Wonderful! sunset in the 4th Galen Rowell Photo : IE : The color Purple

My HOW-POW-HALLOWEEN Layout :

OS-AIC-Oct 2021-How-Pow-Halloween2.jpg

Last edited:

scribler

The O is my hOme.
CHEERY O
Thank you to everyone who participated in this month's challenge. I loved seeing where this month's inspiration led y'all. I love that there were a variety of takes on the challenge!