Oscraps

November Challenge #2 - Heritage

zanthia

CHEERY O
I hadn't seen these photos in a long time but got them from my nephew after my sister died last year. Had to pair them as the garden is the same in them.

beautiful b/w photos of your moms iris garden , like the brushes behind the photos - thanks for joining the heritage challenge

zanthia

CHEERY O

zanthia

CHEERY O

Since the first 2 layouts I posted were using templates, I felt that I had to make a REAL Layout, and so this is a proper layout with 12 year old photos.

This is my father in 2010, heading to his favourite hiking track. For a 73 year old male this was his weekly exercise. He was in pretty good shape considering that he was being treated for both cancer and thyroid disease at the time. He absolutely loved hiking. As a family we have hiked the famous Milford Track - twice. We had to do it twice because the first time it rained for the entire 4 days. So we felt that we just had to do it again. The second time was in much better weather!! :)

The big photo shows the city of Dunedin, New Zealand in the background. This photo is looking more or less to the south. East is off to the left, and West is to the right. North is behind the camera. Just so you can orient yourself.
your dad looks great for 73 how great he can still hike at that age . you are fortunate to have these photos to remember him - thanks for joining the heritage challenge

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
wonderful photo and page of your mom and dad , you must really treasure this being his last outing - thanks for joining the heritage challenge
Thanks so much and thanks for the challenge - I so treasure this last outing!

zanthia

CHEERY O
Thanks for hosting, Stacey! Here's my LO about my 2nd cousins in about 1940. There is a companion piece in the gallery called "Little Cowgirl Daydreams" about my mother the same day.

terrific lo of your cowboy cousins , cute corner cluster - thanks for joining the heritage challenge