Oscraps

New laptop

Ellen

Help please, my MSI laptop has given up and I need to decide what to buy next.
I’ m thinking about an Apple one but is it difficult to switch from Windows to IOS?
Is there much difference to play with Photoshop CC ,I realise that Iwouldneed to buy Mac programs instead of Android ones .
Can you scrap on a 13 inch one .? What is the minimum RAM you need? I’m used to 16 GB now. My MSI had an SSD disk plus a TB normal hard disk. Do I need both or is bigger SSD one sufficient ?
Any suggestions? It might get me back to scrapping again.

Tamsin

I made the change to Mac many years ago and have never regretted it. It finally became about the projects I was doing instead of the computer itself. I scrap on my 13 inch MacBook Pro and don't even use a mouse. Gave it away. The touchpad is so good I just use it. Best to visit an Apple store if possible. It's an experience in itself. They will answer all your questions and help with you anything and everything. The hardware is more expensive to begin with but once I've walked out of the Apple store it will last me a good 5 years or more and it's on my desk or my lap that whole 5 years. The only problem I've had is with this the butterfly keyboard which I have on this model. I believe they're replacing it though. Might have already. I had to get the original keyboard replaced which they did at no cost. It's the only repair I've ever had to worry about and I use it day in and day out. It took a bit of getting used to at the start. Particularly the 'filing' system. Annoyed me no end but I finally figured it out after watching a couple of youtube tutorials. From then on it was all systems go. I find it SO much less of a hassle to use than Windows which I came to hate.

VickiStegall

Administrator
Designer
CHEERY O
I also use a macbook pro 13 inch! Your story is about the same as mine, Tamsin, with minimal repairs (just recently had to replace harddrive and batteries) and Mac's time machine backup totally saved me!

marijke

I love the O!
CHEERY O
I made the switch three years ago ... my son is an independent programmer and had to replace his macbook pro 13 inch ... my windows laptop was due for replacement and so my son's macbook ended up with me ...
with google 'my friend' :) and YouTube I installed the MacBook - because I have a subscription with adobe I could easily reinstall my PS and LR .. The most annoying thing was reformatting my external hard disks ... and copying everything again ...

Madi

Diane
CHEERY O
happy with my laptop, not an apple,
only apple experience i have is my phone and ipad and they are very user friendly
so not very helpful here!