Oscraps

*NEW* Anna Page Makover

casbury

Chris
*NEW* Anna Page Makeover

Anna Aspnes Designs is introducing a fun new feature...Page Makeovers!

Who doesn’t love a good makeover? Isn’t there something fresh and satisfying about witnessing a transformation and learning how to achieve that same look yourself? Have you ever had a room that didn’t feel quite done or an outfit that needed something extra but you just weren’t sure what it was? The same can be true of our scrapbook pages. Sometimes a layout feels incomplete or just not right. It might not be conveying the message or style you intended, but you’re having trouble achieving that look. Well, read on because here’s good news.

Anna PageMakeover, a new bi-monthly feature at Anna Aspnes Designs will help you give your pages a fresh and finished look using basic design principles and artsy Anna products. Every two weeks a page from one of our readers will be selected for the makeover to be re-worked by a member of Anna’s Creative Team, complete with before and after pictures and a brief description of the process.

Here’s what you need to do to participate:

Email: Send us a jpg image at 600x600 at 72dpi of the page you would like redone to: AnnaPageMakeover@gmail.com. Be sure to send us your pages by Friday 2.17.12 so the finished page makeover can be featured in the next post on Monday, 2.27.12.
Subject Line: PageMakeover
Description: Include a brief description of what you like and don’t like about your page and why it isn’t working for you. Are there any items you definitely want to keep in the layout? Is there a message or style you are trying to convey?

The more you learn about good page design the more confident you will be with your scrapbooking skills and the happier you will be with the results.

If your page is selected for a makeover, we will ask you to send us your psd file or photo jpg depending on the complexity of your page.

Note that pages will only be selected from those that are sent to us specifically for the makeover.

We hope you enjoy this new feature!

Last edited by a moderator:

casbury

Chris
Look at this beautiful makeover Adryane did of one of Amber's pages. A makeover is a great way to see how someone else interprets your photos and conveys your message.

If you would like a chance to have one of your pages reworked, don't forget to email it to us by this Friday, 2.17.12 to AnnaPageMakeover@gmail.com

Here is Adryane's interpretation of Amber's page linked back to the gallery so you can see the before and after page and read Adryrane's description.

casbury

Chris
A page for our first Anna PageMakeover has been selected and is in the works...or should I say 'reworks'. Check back on Monday 2.27.12 to see the transformation!

You can send us photos, too!...if you're a little hesitant to send us a page, we would be glad to create a page for you with a photo you submit. Just include a description of what style/colors you prefer, journaling and any other details you would like included. Email to AnnaPageMakeover@gmail.com

casbury

Chris
AnnaTeamer, Barb Hogan loves this family heritage photo but was never very happy with her finished page. She wanted to redo the page with an artsier design while maintaining the pretty tone of the photo and the original color palette. Check out the before and after pages. I think you'll agree with me that she accomplished her goal beautifully. She created a more cohesive design with a smoother flow using artsy Anna elements from ArtPlay Palette Crazy Life...looks like this kit was made-to-order for the colors of Barb's page.

Grassels (before)

grassels-before.jpg

Grassels (after)

grasselsAfter.jpg

We love makeovers! There's something fresh and exciting about seeing your page in a whole new way. Send your page or photo (600x600 @72dpi) to AnnaPageMakeover@gmail.com and we'll give your page a brand new look!

5angels

love this what anna mazing idea lol excuse the pun, it is late and i think i am in a stupid mood.

casbury

Chris
Anna Page Makeover - Family Reunion

We are excited to present our first Anna Page Makeover from an original page submitted by Patsy Tabbert. Patsy sent us her original page with this message:

"I love this photo of a reunion of my grandfather and his siblings. The poem was written by his half-sister. I like the layout but never felt that it did the photo and poem justice partly because of the background color - I could never get it just right. I would definitely like to see the photo, the poem, and the date (November 1948) included. I would also like to have the photo remain in color which actually led to my issues with background color! Thanks so much for this opportunity."

{Before}
PatsyTabbertOrig260K.jpg

AnnaTeamer Kerry Halasz created the Makeover with these thoughts in mind:

"I really adore the hand colored photo. I wanted it to take center stage but also meld nicely with the rest of the page. I chose ArtPlay Palette No. 10 because of its soft greens and earthy hues...but did not conflict with the colors in the photo."

"Since this was a photo from a family reunion, I thought it would be nice to incorporate a family tree element. For this I used Anna's lovely Twiggy No. 1 Brush set. The branches were stamped beneath the image and elements extending from the bottom of the page and angled up and away to the top. I set the blending mode to color burn. Next, I wanted to add a representation of the 7 family members leaving and going off to their own lives, hence the butterflies. These are Torn n' Tattered FlutterBy Templates No. 1 clipped to papers from ArtPlay Palette No. 10. In keeping with the flow of the branches and butterflies I decided to use curved text paths for the lovely family written poem."

Here is Kerry's gorgeous makeover...love her thought process and artsy design flow!

{after}
AfterPage355K.jpg

Thank you so much, Patsy, for entrusting us with your precious family photo!

We love makeovers! Send us your pages or just a photo for an Anna Makeover to: AnnaPageMakeover@gmail.com. (jpg images 600x600 at 72 dpi)

Last edited by a moderator:

Adryane

aA Creative Team Member
beautiful photo, Patsy.
Kerry, the page is lovely. i adore the butterflies representing the family members and the curved text path for the poem.

marnie333

"Thank you so much, Patsy, for entrusting us with your precious family photo!"

For me, this is what scrapbook art is all about…we're entrusted with valuable images of the past--far and recent past…and we preserve them for the future! Love the whole concept of our new Anna PageMakeover! Thanks to all who made this possible!

donnagoar

Patsy, thanks so much for sharing your page and beautiful photo for the makeover and Kerry such a lovely page you created.

KerryHalasz

Thank you! I had a lot of fun working on Patsy's family reunion page. Her photograph is priceless!
I can't wait to see more of these.

Tamsin

Oh I really love the idea of makeovers. The one above is stunning. Have a photo or two I will submit when I get back home if you'll let me.