Oscraps

My *S* Key

AZK

Queen of the Universe
CHEERY O
So, quite some time ago I spilled some coffee on my laptop keyboard. I blotted it up right away and cleaned between the keys as best I could. Luckily, everything seems to be okay, except...

...my "S" key doesn't always work. Every time I do some writing or journaling, I have to carefully review what I wrote, even if spell check is on. For example:

Oscraps can (and has, more than once) become O crap. :nono:
Started becomes "tarted"
Just turns into "jut"
Twist, which I just typed for my last challenge layout, was "twit". :crazy:

There's more, but those are the ones that most recently came to mind. Any else have technical glitches they deal with on a regular basis? :twitch:

VickiStegall

Administrator
Designer
CHEERY O
O crap that is funny! and annoying as all get out, I'm sure!

My technical glitches are usually my hands not listening to my brain!

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
I had a couple of keys do that and I didn't know why. For some reason, my "i" doesn't want to capitalize. So, when I type "I", it's usually "i". LOL It always ends up with that red line under it, so I know "i" have to go back and correct it. LOL

Madi

Diane
CHEERY O
On Our previous laptop the letter P had that same problem.
In the gallery i commented on a lot of ages!

AZK

Queen of the Universe
CHEERY O
I had a couple of keys do that and I didn't know why. For some reason, my "i" doesn't want to capitalize. So, when I type "I", it's usually "i". LOL It always ends up with that red line under it, so I know "i" have to go back and correct it. LOL

That is so strange, because I have that problem with the "I", too! Although I think that particular issue has to do with this:

My technical glitches are usually my hands not listening to my brain!

Well, yes, there is that too! Always an adventure, seeing what ends up on my screen!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Haha!! O crap made me laugh too.

Can you use a toothpick or pin to clean ou the crevice a bit? I have done that with crumbs and it worked. Not sure about coffee.

Danesa

Danesa
Oh crap, how irritating that must be...BUT...it did give me a giggle this morning! :) I totally get the "hand to brain" issues...that is mine!

This made me laugh it is not really funny when you have to retype the letter again it can be frustrating with me it is fat fingers I type to quickly and seem to press both keys at once so becomes sd I have no solutions for you I am afraid other than buy a new keyboard maybe.

AFTdesigns

Designer
Designer
I’m very much a fan of my backspace key I type so fast that I use it a lot. I’m also one those people that enjoy a very ‘colicky’ keyboard, so I use a mechanical one.

margje

The O is awesOme
No problems with the keyboard! Only 2 cats that like to jump on my wacom and they can change my types words to chaos in an instant!