Oscraps

My mobile is dead ...

Jeannette

CHEERY O
so I need a new phone. I love photography and the photo performance on mobile phones are getting better and better. I wonder, should I invest in a mobile phone with good camera skills? They are so much more expensive?
Is it worth it? Or should I go for a cheaper mobile phone and invest in my camera. I find it hard to choose. I know a mobile phone will never have the options my camera has, but a mobile phone is so much easier to take with me. A camera, with all the different lenses is heavy to carry, still the photo's often are better. Choises are difficult.
What do you prefer? You phone or your camera?

AZK

Queen of the Universe
CHEERY O
I prefer to use my phone. When I got my current phone I specifically chose it because the camera had very good reviews. My thought was to practice photography with my phone before I could justify the cost of a DSLR and assorted lens. It was a good choice for me because I haven't taken as many photos as I told myself I would, so I'm glad I didn't spend the money on a camera that would likely sit on the shelf most of the time.

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Get the PRO Model (if you're looking at iPhones). I got the 14 PRO when it first came out and I love it. There is at least one new model now, but I'm extremely happy with mine. The PRO's have 3 lenses on them (at least mine does). Lots of other cool photo options, too. You can shoot on Portrait mode, which is fun, and I love the Night Mode. I'm not sure if NM is a PRO thing or not, but it's very fun.

Jam-on-toast

CHEERY O
I would definitely invest in a phone with good camera - and perhaps sign up for a mobile photography course to unlock your phone's hidden potential. A phone is much more practical and this way you will end up with more photos and fewer missed opportunities.

scribler

The O is my hOme.
CHEERY O
If you use Android, consider the Pixel 8 Pro. The Pixels are known for their cameras and the pro is on sale right now. (I always go with a phone with a good camera.)

AK_Tracy

Yep, get the pro if youre an apple girl. I have the 11 pro and I only use my phone to take photos. I haven't take out the DSL camera since 2013. Phone is just easier and faster. Get a good camera and take photos. Worse case, ya delete them. Best case you have a ton of photos to scrap.