Oscraps

Most useful

Scrapmemories

Lorraine
What’s the most useful thing you own? gadget, tool, etc.
I have several favorite time saving gadgets. But right now my favorite is this resealer I have for bags. Their advertisement says that companies spends hundreds of thousands of dollars on the best bag to give their products longer shelf life. So I bought this little gadget that that has a magnet to stick on my refrigerator for easy access. It heats up in 10seconds and you get a factory seal. I no longer buy plastic bags which for me makes me feel really good about cutting down for the environment.
I'd love to hear what your favorite useful item you own that saves time, money, the planet and everything in between.

bcgal00

CHEERY O
I think one of the cheapest and most useful little gadgets I own is a mini handheld spiralizer. If I don't want to bring out the big food processor and attachment to spiralize, I have a little handheld one that spiralizes a carrot or zuccini in a minute or two and then I just have to rinse it off and it gets put away on the window sill above the sink, for easy access the next time I need it.

felis

I don't have them yet but they are in my wish list.
One gadget called the Handy Camel Bag Clip.
images

As a pet owner I have to deal with big bags cat food and litter bags. Now I'm putting them in buckets, but this looks so much easier.

Other item is Food Storage Vacuum Containers. They can extend (both human and pet) food quality time. Can use them multi times, and no need from additional plastic bags.

marijke

I love the O!
CHEERY O
Never seen this before ... but I think they are very handy .. I don't have pets ... otherwise I bought it too ...

I don't have them yet but they are in my wish list.
One gadget called the Handy Camel Bag Clip.
images

As a pet owner I have to deal with big bags cat food and litter bags. Now I'm putting them in buckets, but this looks so much easier.

Other item is Food Storage Vacuum Containers. They can extend (both human and pet) food quality time. Can use them multi times, and no need from additional plastic bags.

Marjoleine

First let me say that I'm a very lazy person....:mrgreen: So everything that doesn't need extra effort or any effort at all is awesome! I have these awesome automatic pepper and salt grinders, you just have to push the button at the top and they grind! No more twisting from the wrist. Also half my house is operated by an app on my phone. The lights, the tv..... god forbid my wifi goes down because then I have to live in the dark with no tv LOL. I even connected SIRI to the app so all I have to say in the evening is, SIRI lights on, and poof! ;-)

VickiStegall

Administrator
Designer
CHEERY O
First let me say that I'm a very lazy person....:mrgreen: So everything that doesn't need extra effort or any effort at all is awesome! I have these awesome automatic pepper and salt grinders, you just have to push the button at the top and they grind! No more twisting from the wrist. Also half my house is operated by an app on my phone. The lights, the tv..... god forbid my wifi goes down because then I have to live in the dark with no tv LOL. I even connected SIRI to the app so all I have to say in the evening is, SIRI lights on, and poof! ;-)

This totally made me giggle!

And, I would loooooove that!

Danesa

Danesa
My Cuisinart Stick Blender. I have become a soup lover and I have so many recipes that blend a portion of the items in the soup. It saves so much time, opposed to getting the blender out. (Did I say I hate cleaning the blender, even though I use the dishwasher?) haha Another, is my Kitchenaid Spiralizer I got for Christmas. I keep my mixer on a stand, in the kitchen, so its accessible all the time and it takes less than 5 minutes to use it & clean the attachment. I use it everyday with either zucchini, squash, carrots or cucumbers.

Marjoleine your post made me laugh..only because I can relate some. haha
Felis, those clips look awesome. Let me know how they work when you get them. :)

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
I couldn't think of anything right off the bat, but after reading your answers I thought of a couple.
My number one... *drum roll*
An electric wine bottle opener.

Put it over the cork, press the button and it uncorks your wine in seconds (Hey! I have priorities! :D )
71oEN8Xr-dL._SX679_.jpg

Number two...

My Kitchen Aid Mixer. I bought one 15 years ago and I while I don't use it often, it is a time and shoulder muscle saver when I do. I use the meat grinder attachment to grind dried chickpeas for homemade falafel. When I make banana bread, I make a huge batch so while it is busy creaming the butter and sugar, I am measuring out the flour.
When I make whipped body butters, that thing is a dream getting the butter and oils all whipped up too. yeah, it also works amazing on mashed potatoes too.

Kythe

CHEERY O
I couldn't think of anything right off the bat, but after reading your answers I thought of a couple.

Put it over the cork, press the button and it uncorks your wine in seconds (Hey! I have priorities! :D )

Obviously you don’t buy screw capped wine bottles. Lol I find more and more wines are using them. Then again, it may be the wine I buy. Lol

veer

I love the "O"
CHEERY O

I bought such a automatic pepper thing, used it for the first time today and my hubby said, this is just for lazy people :becky:

veer

I love the "O"
CHEERY O

71oEN8Xr-dL._SX679_.jpg

Number two...

My Kitchen Aid Mixer. I bought one 15 years ago and I while I don't use it often, it is a time and shoulder muscle saver when I do. I use the meat grinder attachment to grind dried chickpeas for homemade falafel. When I make banana bread, I make a huge batch so while it is busy creaming the butter and sugar, I am measuring out the flour.
When I make whipped body butters, that thing is a dream getting the butter and oils all whipped up too. yeah, it also works amazing on mashed potatoes too.

Never seen that electric wine opener, i want that too !!!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Obviously you don’t buy screw capped wine bottles. Lol I find more and more wines are using them. Then again, it may be the wine I buy. Lol
Shhhh... I get my wine from a box :oops:

But for parties or when I get wine as a gift, most of them are corked so it is easier to use then a regular one.

Scrapmemories

Lorraine
so many cool gadget ideas for me to consider adding to my arsenal. I too love the hand held mixers (Danesa I have a Cuisinart too). I've been eyeing a battery operated salt and pepper mill, I think you convinced me to get a set. thanks everyone for your fabulous feedback

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Lorraine- yup- the Franzia Pinot Grigio is what I drink ;)
My "real" wine is Tosca Pinot Grigio but that is for special occasions haha!