Oscraps

Merged or flattened image turns dark

SharLamb

Sharron
I am doing a watercolor treatment to a photo, including adding a gradient mask, and blending several textured papers. Essentially Scrappy Irene's tutorial. When I try to make a composite, or merge all layers, or flatten the image, it changes color...gets darker. I even tried just saving it as a jpg, and still, it got darker. What can I do to maintain the color/hues that I accomplished with the layers?

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O
Sharron, sometimes when you try to merge these layers it could well end up something different. :) however, you could try the Stamp Visible technique. This will merge all VISIBLE layers into one composite layer but keep the 'look' of the adjustments layers etc that you have used.

To do this you need to TURN OFF all the layers you don't want to merge together..... then on the first visible layer use SHIFT+CTRL+ALT+E

If you are really happy with that layer you could delete the other layers if you wanted to....... but I wouldn't do that until I was absolutely certain :).

From memory I think you use PSE? if you do use PS you could also just group all of those layers into a Folder.

Hope that helps :)