Oscraps

May Challenge #4 - Creative Techniques

scribler

The O is my hOme.
CHEERY O
@wombat146 Thank you for the tip on using Alt to get the Hide All mask. I use CC and have always used the workaround of adding the Reveal All mask and then using the bucket fill to make it black. Now I can just add the Hide All mask.

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O
@wombat146 Thank you for the tip on using Alt to get the Hide All mask. I use CC and have always used the workaround of adding the Reveal All mask and then using the bucket fill to make it black. Now I can just add the Hide All mask.
I am always learning about new ways to do stuff in Photoshop, used Elements for years and then went over to PS about 6 years ago but it's always a thrill to learn how to do something new or a different way. :)

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O
Thank you for the challenge Ona. It was a very interesting challenge once I got my head around it I hope this is somwhere near to what it is supposed to look like I wanted the boats at the front to show more I concentrated on those mainly I used 4 papers.
I love the soft 'vintage' feel to it Mary, it's like a photo from the late 50's! Love it!! and of course, the more you play the more you learn about what papers and especially what type of photos to use as well! You know, when I first started digi scrapping (way back in 2008) I used to DELETE all the bits I didn't want from a photo or a paper! hahahaaaaaaa!!! I couldn't wrap my head around using a mask for ages!! hahhaaaa! :)

I love the soft 'vintage' feel to it Mary, it's like a photo from the late 50's! Love it!! and of course, the more you play the more you learn about what papers and especially what type of photos to use as well! You know, when I first started digi scrapping (way back in 2008) I used to DELETE all the bits I didn't want from a photo or a paper! hahahaaaaaaa!!! I couldn't wrap my head around using a mask for ages!! hahhaaaa! :)
Thank you Ona for me it was a learning curve once I got my head around it.x

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O
Ladies, you haven't disappointed me, your creativeness is beyond FABULOUS. You have all created some really stunning works of art!! xxx

Betty Jo

♥ Lovin' the O ♥
Ona, this was such a fun challenge. Thank you, and for writing the technique out step by step for us! In all my years using PS, I'd never used the Hide All Mask before. I used papers and elements from Regina Falanga - Fleurs D’eau. I blended six papers, repeating several of them. I wanted to keep the finished page light and dreamy, like my photo.

This is my photo I used: bjm_cherryBlossoms.jpg

I'm not real sure I'm happy with my results. But, it was so much fun playing, and I'll definitely be practicing this technique more.

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O
Some more fantastic layouts ladies!!! I love how you have all been experimenting and having fun!! Fabulous result for sure!!
IMAGE$60EBB13C1CF7777A.gif

LDArtist

This was hard but fun!
I just kept adding more layers, switching the modes, finding new elements to add
till it looked good!

I actually learned a lot in what certain colors will do under different modes.
Thank you so much for the challenge!