Oscraps

March Art Journaling Challenge Week #3

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Welcome to Week 3 of the March Art Journaling Challenge. Our word prompt for March is balance. One of my favorite quotes about balance is "Life is a balance of holding on and letting go." - Rumi This quote sure does ring true for my life right now. Every day seems to bring ups and downs, highs and lows. Personally, I'm striving to find just a little bit of balance in my hour by hour, day by day life right now. It's one day at a time, putting one foot in front the other one, at times.

Here's another quote that seems to speak to me about my life right now: "You have to find balance. You have to keep your feet planted firmly on the ground and not get swept away by the highs or lows." - Unknown There's that "highs and lows" thing again - that seems to my life right now.

As a journaling prompt, you might want to think about "What does balance mean to you in the context of your life right now?"

I decided to use the Divided Template again this month because I'm still taking those "baby steps" and this helped me last month, by letting me break it down into four parts. If you don't have the Divided Template, courtesy of Ona @wombat146 and would like to have it, you can get it here at Dropbox. Just a reminder: using the template is NOT a requirement, it's simply an option.

Here's my page for Week 3. I used the quote " Life is a balance of holding on and letting go." - Rumi As far as the journaling prompt: "What does balance mean to you in the context of your life right now?" I'm trying to regain my balance and I used the silhouette of the Yoga pose, almost off the page as signifying my trying to regain balance. It's a constant battle, but one that I think I'll master.

I used Press Pause by Crafty Button Designs
I'm So Sorry by Wendy Page Designs
Lifeline Grief by Lynn Anzelc
Font on the quote: 215000E Regular​

Here's my Divided Template so far, with Weeks 1, 2 and 3.

As always, these challenges and our monthly word prompt balance is totally open to your personal interpretation. Use it, as any of the quotes that we've given you so far, in any way that speaks to you.

Everyone who participates in any of this month's challenges will be entered into a drawing for a $5 gift certificate to Oscraps. You can receive up to four entries into this month's drawing.

I can't wait to see what you have to share about BALANCE.

Challenge Rules:
You have until 11:59 p.m. ET on March 30th to complete your pages for this challenge.
  1. To qualify for the drawing, you need to use 80% Oscraps products that are currently in the store (non-Oscraps products or retired O designer products can be used whether the designer is selling elsewhere or not).
  2. You need to credit all the products used on your page.
  3. You cannot use a page you create for this challenge for another Oscraps challenge.
  4. Upload your page to the Art Journal Gallery and then add your layout to the challenge thread. (Below you will find instructions on adding your page to this thread.)
Adding a linked layout from the Gallery to a thread:

Upload your layout to the gallery first. In your forum post click the Gallery Embed icon (little camera).

This will open your gallery, simply click on the layout you require, then scroll down to the bottom of the screen and click the Continue button.

Your linked layout is now in your post, the image will appear once you have clicked the Post Reply button.

Last edited: