Oscraps

March Art Journaling Challenge #3

svanderhaegen

CHEERY O
Welcome to this exciting challenge where you will explore the fascinating world of zoology in your art journal! Zoology is the branch of biology that studies the behavior, structure, and classification of animals, from tiny insects to giant elephants. Animals have always been a source of inspiration for artists, and incorporating them into your art journal can add depth and meaning to your pages.

In this challenge, you will create a layout where an animal is the central focus of your art journal page. You can choose to explore your spirit animal, an animal that resonates with you on a deeper level, or any animal that sparks your creativity. By including animals in your art journal, you can tap into their symbolic meanings and explore their unique characteristics, such as strength, grace, or cunning. Consider the meaning or symbolism behind the animal(s) you choose and how it relates to your personal experience or emotions.

So, grab your art supplies and let your creativity soar as you delve into the world of zoology and create a unique and meaningful art journal page.

Here are some sample pages I collected on pinterest to spark your creativity.

This item is unavailable _ Etsy.jpg
Rubber Dance July Theme Challenge.jpg
Art Journal Page with Brushos.jpg

Because this is an art journal challenge, we want to encourage you to explore using more artsy elements on your pages. For the month of March, we'd like you to try using gesso on your pages this month. It's not required but you can earn one extra entry this month for using gesso on at least one of your pages.

ViVa Artistry created this amazing gesso freebie to give y'all a chance to give gesso a try.

Here is my new page for this week's challenge.

I used :
  • ArtPlay Palette My Camera by Anna Aspnes
  • Lost in my Mind by Crafty Button Designs
  • Nightshade by Crafty Button Designs
  • Stressed out by Crafty Button Designs
  • spring Gesso freebie by ViVa Artistry
The Images of the hawk are found online

page054_resize.jpg

Everyone who participates in either challenge this month will be entered into a drawing for a $5 gift certificate to Oscraps.

Cheeryo's are most welcome to play along but they won't be entered into the drawing.

A fun little addition: If you want, you can make more than one page for each challenge! You can make as many as you want, but you can only earn four entries to the drawing. Each page is an entry up to 4. After that, you won’t get any more entries, but you will have created more art pieces!!! That’s a win too!

Challenge Rules:
You have until 11:59 p.m. ET on March 31st to complete your pages for this challenge.

To qualify for the drawing, you need to use 80% Oscraps products that are currently in the store (non-Oscraps products or retired O designer products can be used whether the designer is selling elsewhere or not).​

You need to credit all the products used on your page.
You cannot use a page you create for this challenge for another Oscraps challenge.

Upload your page to the Art Journal Gallery and then add your layout to the challenge thread. (Below you will find instructions on adding your page to this thread.)

svanderhaegen

CHEERY O
Thank y'all so much for sharing your amazing zoology art journaling pages. I hope y'all join us for the April challenges.