Oscraps

March 2022 Challenge #1 - Copy Cat

RJMJ

Scraplift of "fearless" by Rollinchen
full

Here's mine:
@MSMAUK Great scraplift!...Love! the way you picked up the red & yellow & blue!...Such fun with the yellow! hair!...blue shirt...and all the red! paint,overlays & blending!...I like the ABCDE stitched stamp!...great! way to give depth & dimension! & draw the eye in!...I also Love! how you divided the layout seemingly in 4 separate sections...each one with it's own set of elements & raised paint shape!...It really draws the eye in to your layout!!!...Great! composition!...I really like all the depth & layering of your BG too!. along with your Wonderful! photo! & complimentary WA choice!!!.....Great! scraplift!...Thank You for joining my copycat challenge this month!!!...

RJMJ

I lifted https://oscraps.com/community/media/you-alone-are-enough.359532/
and here's mine.
@isDK OMG! You just knocked me out with your Incredible! scraplift!...This is Amazing!...Certainly obvious that you scraplifted the page you chose...I Love! journal layouts!...I enjoyed reading your description of your layout in your gallery & how you incorporated your journaling into your layout...That must truly have been quite the site!...Sounds like the rhythm of nature to me...It just sounds so really really COOL!...All those Majestic Cranes in such a large group!...Wow!...Great Pics! too...I mean the way you have laid everything out!...It looks like you just set out everything so nicely upon your desk/table...Just SO SO FAB!!!!!!!...o_O...Love the painty goodness in the BG! & how the 2 blue BG pics compliment each other!...Great! Composition!...The red ribbon!...The twig/branch gently strew across!...OMG!...I could just go on! & on!...& the blue clip in the right upper corner!...Man!...Perfect Compo!!!...The yellow paint compliment to the yellow word strip!...& the journaling complimenting the large word strips & your smaller writing about the impressive cranes!!!!!!!!!!!...Just WOWZERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...I'm thrilled that you created this piece of beautiful art for my challenge!...o_OThank You! for joining my copycat challenge this month!!!...

isDK

@isDK OMG! You just knocked me out with your Incredible! scraplift!...This is Amazing!...Certainly obvious that you scraplifted the page you chose...I Love! journal layouts!...I enjoyed reading your description of your layout in your gallery & how you incorporated your journaling into your layout...That must truly have been quite the site!...Sounds like the rhythm of nature to me...It just sounds so really really COOL!...All those Majestic Cranes in such a large group!...Wow!...Great Pics! too...I mean the way you have laid everything out!...It looks like you just set out everything so nicely upon your desk/table...Just SO SO FAB!!!!!!!...o_O...Love the painty goodness in the BG! & how the 2 blue BG pics compliment each other!...Great! Composition!...The red ribbon!...The twig/branch gently strew across!...OMG!...I could just go on! & on!...& the blue clip in the right upper corner!...Man!...Perfect Compo!!!...The yellow paint compliment to the yellow word strip!...& the journaling complimenting the large word strips & your smaller writing about the impressive cranes!!!!!!!!!!!...Just WOWZERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...I'm thrilled that you created this piece of beautiful art for my challenge!...o_OThank You! for joining my copycat challenge this month!!!...
Thank you So So So much!!!!!

*gina*

CHEERY O
Just stepped in and want to let you know - Britta is so proud that her gallery was chosen for this challenge. She can't see all your fantastic layouts at the moment. She must stay in the hospital for a long time but she sends love to you all.

RJMJ

Just stepped in and want to let you know - Britta is so proud that her gallery was chosen for this challenge. She can't see all your fantastic layouts at the moment. She must stay in the hospital for a long time but she sends love to you all.
@*gina* OMG! Gina...I didn't know she was in the hospital or even sick...I'm so sorry to hear this!...I am glad I chose her Wonderful! gallery for my copycat challenge this month...I have had so many ladies comment on how much they are loving this challenge & to scraplift Britta's Gallery!...Please send all my hopes for a speedy recovery & to take care...I will keep Britta in my thoughts...I remember when I was in the hospital 4 years ago...I was there for weeks & I had no access to a computer either...I only have a desktop computer at home...It was so hard...I almost went crazy not being able to create & get on my computer...once I started to feel better...[That Is] & was able to do so...Please send our luv & best wishes to get well soon...So many hearts & hugs...xo...Rhonda...

Last edited:

RJMJ

Thanks for the challenge, Rhonda!
I chose this page:
full

Here's my version.
@vickyday Nice choice to scralift!...I can certainly see the similarities...the butterfly/the swirl/the paper cutout/tag/paint/leaves/white frame/composition & style...I like how closely you scraplifted...but also how you put your own spin on it...Different color BG...[but still soft/neutral in color]...I really like your BG paper with the large flower swirls...They compliment your choice of a single statement flower very well!!!...nice!...You put the date on yours & you wrote your journaling on your tag!...Lovely! photo too!...You both look so happy!...Thank You! for joining me in my copycat challenge this month!!!...

*gina*

CHEERY O
@*gina* OMG! Gina...I didn't know she was in the hospital or even sick...I'm so sorry to hear this!...I am glad I chose her Wonderful! gallery for my copycat challenge this month...I have had so many ladies comment on how much they are loving this challenge & to scraplift Britta's Gallery!...Please send all my hopes for a speedy recovery & to take care...I will keep Britta in my thoughts...I remember when I was in the hospital 4 years ago...I was there for weeks & I had no access to a computer either...I only have a desktop computer at home...It was so hard...I almost went crazy not being able to create & get on my computer...once I started to feel better...[That Is] & was able to do so...Please send our luv & best wishes to get well soon...So many hearts & hugs...xo...Rhonda...
Thank you so much, Rhonda - I will talk to her today. I am sure that she will be very happy about your kind words.

RJMJ

@*gina* OMG! Wonderful! Gina!!!...I'm a big proponent & lover of eyes in layouts...I've done them myself in my own layouts...I Love! the drama this creates in your layout [a layout] & it is an excellent scraplift of the original...Britta created a wonderful! focal point in her layout & you created a wonderful! one too...Different but just as captivating!..I just Love! the bold drama that gold chain hanging down creates!!!...Love! the key,hearts & clock...Your blending is also Beautifully done with another blended right in too...Nice how the thread trickles down into the also cascading circles...leading our "EYE" right down to the WA!...Feels like she is looking right through you!...Bravo!...Great! scraplift!...Thank You! for joining my copycat challenge this month!!!...

*gina*

CHEERY O
@*gina* OMG! Wonderful! Gina!!!...I'm a big proponent & lover of eyes in layouts...I've done them myself in my own layouts...I Love! the drama this creates in your layout [a layout] & it is an excellent scraplift of the original...Britta created a wonderful! focal point in her layout & you created a wonderful! one too...Different but just as captivating!..I just Love! the bold drama that gold chain hanging down creates!!!...Love! the key,hearts & clock...Your blending is also Beautifully done with another blended right in too...Nice how the thread trickles down into the also cascading circles...leading our "EYE" right down to the WA!...Feels like she is looking right through you!...Bravo!...Great! scraplift!...Thank You! for joining my copycat challenge this month!!!...
thank you so much, Rhonda xo

RJMJ

Thank you for the challenge I chose this page by Rollinchen.
Here is my page.
@Mary Davies Happy! to see you here!!!...Great! layout & scraplift!!!...Love! the bright! bold! color choices!...Pink,yellow,blue,green...Love! the large heart! & WA!...Nice blending in BG! & change-up on the scatter too!...Awesome! scraplift!...Thank You! for joining my copycat challenge this month!!!...

RJMJ

Not perfect but I copied this one by Rollinchen.

View attachment 367417

mine.
@Norma Nice!...Your scraplift doesn't have to be an exact copy...The idea is to make it your own!...And you did!...I like the comparison...Britta's photo is more muted...But I Love! your bolder photo & thicker frame!..And a more neutral color palette! but it stands out nicely!....Great! BG work! & clustering!...& I Love! your choice of WA!!!...Thank You! for joining my copycat challenge this month!!!...

RJMJ

Fabulous challenge, Rhonda! Thanks for hosting!

I used this piece - thanks, Britta!- as inspiration
full

and here's mine:

@Susan - s3js Wow!...This is Super! Fab!!!...I just Love! how you took Lynn's beautiful! kit & template to create this beauty!!!...I love! how you chose the bird to be your focus!...Outstanding! OOB!!!.& use of the torn frame!!!...Nice Painting in your BG too!...I also love the Bright! & Vivid! happy colors too!...This Is Brilliant!!!...And Congrats! on the Oscraps Newsletter Feature!!!...Thank You! for joining my copycat challenge this month!!!...

RJMJ

It was inspiring and so much fun to wander through Britta's layouts. What talent she has! I picked this as my inspiration. This is hers:
View attachment 367510

And here's my page:
@FloridaGranny Wonderful! scraplift!...I really like layouts with journaling books in them...It gives the layout a whole kinda artsy vibe!...Love! the Maya Angelou quote too!...Nice touches of purple! & blue!...The sun flair is a nice touch to round out your theme of light!...Thank You! for joining my copycat challenge this month!!!...

RJMJ

Thanks for the Challenge!!

this is the layout by Rollinchen:

this is my copy cat layout:
@sandra-9663 OMG! this is just awesome!...That stamp grid! turned into a photo grid!...Totally Wow!...Wonderful! scraplift!...Britta chose cats! & you chose dogs!...I just love! doggies!...Love! all the added WA! too...I'm all about multiple Word Arts!!!...Bravo!..Thank You! for joining my copycat challenge this month!!!

RJMJ

I went with this one:

Here's mine:
@seniorgal Love! your scraplift!...Still in tune with the green of nature!...But you chose such sweet! happy! spring colors!...& with Mother's Day just around the corner!...I mean...how sweet! & heartfelt is this!!!...Love! the scatter!...& how you went with the black stitches to mimic the paint stripes in the original!...very creative! & original!!!...Pretty birds!...& pretty flowers!!!...Paint,scatter,flowers!...All Fab!...Love! your corner cluster!...Thank You! for joining my copycat challenge this month!!!...

RJMJ

@gillie343 Great! scraplift!...The original is awesome!...I like how you recreated your own version!...Nice Photo!...You have your pencil,paint & numbers,ruler & ticket!...Love! it!...I like the graphic style design! too...it plays very well with the photo & subject matter!...I love your WA choices!...& your description of the word "Lesson"...I got a chuckle on the "stop" sign over the computer in the photo!...So Cool! & Fab!...Thank You! for joining my copycat challenge this Month!!!...

kaklei

Thanks so much for the fun challenge

I chose this layout by Britta

here is my version:

RJMJ

@mom2triplets04 Wonderful! scraplift...Getting the journal in your layout...photo to the left side of you smiling...gives the layout a bit of a lighter vibe as opposed to more moody...long tape instead of the paper strip...1 round flair & clock...I like the hearts instead of flowers & I like that you incorporated a butterfly too...Same word art...& I like that you included the date...Thank You! for joining my copycat challenge this month!!!...

RJMJ

Thanks so much for the fun challenge

I chose this layout by Britta

here is my version:

@kaklei Nice choice of scraplift...I too was so happy that 2021 had moved on...I like how you chose the teal color for your background...Very nice impact!...Love your WA quote!...& powerful female pictures!...I Like her "don't mess with me" attitude"...Goes perfectly with your additional WA strips...brave,strong,fearless...Overall a really cool! positive! empowering!!! feminine! vibe!...Love! it!!!...Thank You! for joining my copycat challenge this month!!!...

Kythe

CHEERY O
Our members are displaying so much talent combining two layouts. Using this concept is a great way to increase one's inspiration.