Oscraps

making photobooks

svanderhaegen

CHEERY O
okay, promise you won't laugh...
I've been digi-scrapping since 2006 (don't like my old layouts any more) but...besides my art journal pages, I've never printed a book.
The thing that bothers me, is that left/right pages do not always go together.
Do you always make double pages, or do you not mind that it doesn't look perfect??
Perhaps I just have some OCD or something :)

LSlycord

At first, I was very OCD about having the correct pages aligned and the correct timeframe. And then I realized that was taking over my passion for getting the memories into a book. So now, I just slap them all in the book. I may have photos from the 1800's next to photos from yesterday...and I may have photos of my kids from 17 years ago with photos from yesterday. And I'm happy because I have the books.

Kythe

CHEERY O
Nope. No double pages as I don't always scrap in the order that the pages would go in. I do try to keep to the same colours if I know two pages are to be together. Then again, I don't often print out books either unless it is a gift.

EvelynD2

CHEERY O
I am a bit OCD that way as well. I don't make double page layouts but I do try to make sure the background colors of the two layouts will mesh and not clash.

janedee

I make yearly albums but I don't worry too much about things matching really well. That being said, I may switch the position of a couple of pages if they work better together but are no longer in exact chronological order.

timounette

CHEERY O
I try to make pages that go together.
I usually do a single photo and clean page next to a multiphotos one.
like that :

or

or

or these 2

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
I don't do very many double pages either. When I'm assembling my book, I do like to use pages that look good beside each other or have the same theme.

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Nope. No double pages as I don't always scrap in the order that the pages would go in. I do try to keep to the same colours if I know two pages are to be together. Then again, I don't often print out books either unless it is a gift.
This is how I typically do it too. I make a book for my nephew's birthday every year so the pages need to be in a loose chronological order to make sense. I try to get the pages to coordinate when I can. I'll start the project (usually on Shutterfly when I have about half of the pages done and then drag and drop them according to month. Once I have that done, I can tell what holes need to be filled and what color/style I will use

VickiStegall

Administrator
Designer
CHEERY O
I started off doing 2 page spreads in paper scrapping and realized my books were getting HUGE, so I started doing single pages with more photos. Then I found digi and didn't have to worry about thickness of elements anymore, I still kept doing single pages.

pachimac

I solemnly swear I am up to no good!
CHEERY O
I have only printed Project 52's or specific projects, so I they are already cohesive. If I did print one up, I would have to make sure the pages at least complement each other.

Jam-on-toast

CHEERY O
I print yearly photo albums and I make double pages! I have quite a few in my gallery and on my IG. I don't always create both sides at the same time, but eventually I always create a companion page using the same kit.