Oscraps

making jam

veer

I love the "O"
CHEERY O
I made my own jam for the first time in my life! Rhubarb from the garden with apricots. And I want to make strawberry and blueberry jam this summer.
I know i am almost 55 :p but very proud that i made it !

tanteva

all i need is Oscraps, cOffee, chOcOlate & tOfu
Sounds amazing - rhubard & apricots. Best jam I ever tested was one that a friend of mine's mother had done when we were teens. Strawberry jam with pieces of mango in it. So yummy! The strawberry was really mashed and jam like, but the mango was cut in more chunky pieces, like 1/2 cm cubes. Her mom was German, and since then I've been convinced that Germans make the best jam. Need to get to Germany sometime and buy jam. LOL

veer

I love the "O"
CHEERY O
Sounds amazing - rhubard & apricots. Best jam I ever tested was one that a friend of mine's mother had done when we were teens. Strawberry jam with pieces of mango in it. So yummy! The strawberry was really mashed and jam like, but the mango was cut in more chunky pieces, like 1/2 cm cubes. Her mom was German, and since then I've been convinced that Germans make the best jam. Need to get to Germany sometime and buy jam. LOL
oh yes i think that would be a very good combination strawberry and mango !

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
I have made rhubarb jam and love it. I was the only one in the family who liked it. Hmmm... will have to keep an eye out for fresh rhubarb at the veggie market. My mouth is watering just thinking about it.

marijke

I love the O!
CHEERY O
I really like home-made jam .. but because I'm the only one who has ever eaten jam, I don't start ...
this afternoon I saw a combination of rhubarb and apple ... ... 400 gr. apples and 500 gr rhubarb

veer

I love the "O"
CHEERY O
I really like home-made jam .. but because I'm the only one who has ever eaten jam, I don't start ...
this afternoon I saw a combination of rhubarb and apple ... ... 400 gr. apples and 500 gr rhubarb
problem is that I have to eat all that alone, and the combination with apples seems nice too

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
That is very exciting! Everything always tastes better when you grow it yourself.
We have a really hard time growing fruit here. We have three blueberry bushes but the birds get to them before they are ripe enough to pick.