Oscraps

macOS Monterey?

tjscraps

Any Mac users upgrade yet? Any problems or huge benefits if you did? I always give it a bit before I update, so wondering how it's gone for others lol

taxed4ever

Administrator Crazy about the "O"
CHEERY O
@tjscraps did you read @Vicki Robinson post about the trouble with Mac OS Monterey and Photoshop?? Seems there are some major bugs so I would hold off for a bit. I know it was a nightmare when I downloaded one of the operating systems it totally screwed up my photoshop CS6 lost the ability to see larger images with it. It still pisses me off!! I will see if I can find it and post the link for you.

Vicki Robinson

Designer + Brush Queen + Mac Guru
Designer
Here’s what I posted in that group— as of today, still no word on a fix from Adobe:

Attention Mac Users!

I'm posting this just as a warning ... I have confirmed that this is a major issue that Adobe is working on, but has no "fix" date for.
Monterey is the newest Mac operating system — it came out in October. Unfortunately, once you have Monterey installed, PSE 2021 will only open the FIRST time it is launched If you close PSE, for most users (including me) it will NOT reopen unless you reboot.
PSE 2022 is the same — it installs just fine and the Welcome window (where you choose the Organizer or the Editor) comes up, you'll be able to into the Editor the first time, but once you close it you'll need to reboot before you can get back in.
I tried PSE 2020 ... it opened two or three times in a row but then I needed to reboot to get back in.
The bottom line:
  • Mac users who depend on PSE, shouldn't upgrade to Monterey until Adobe has fixed the issues. — which they have posted they are aware of but have no target date for a fix.
  • If Mac users have already upgraded to Monterey, they will need to reboot if they launch PSE and close it, and want to launch it again.
I’ve had no problems with Photoshop CC. This is the first time in more than 15 years I've had a problem with PSE and Mac operating systems ... so there's that. Lol.

tjscraps

Here’s what I posted in that group— as of today, still no word on a fix from Adobe:

Attention Mac Users!

I'm posting this just as a warning ... I have confirmed that this is a major issue that Adobe is working on, but has no "fix" date for.
Monterey is the newest Mac operating system — it came out in October. Unfortunately, once you have Monterey installed, PSE 2021 will only open the FIRST time it is launched If you close PSE, for most users (including me) it will NOT reopen unless you reboot.
PSE 2022 is the same — it installs just fine and the Welcome window (where you choose the Organizer or the Editor) comes up, you'll be able to into the Editor the first time, but once you close it you'll need to reboot before you can get back in.
I tried PSE 2020 ... it opened two or three times in a row but then I needed to reboot to get back in.
The bottom line:
  • Mac users who depend on PSE, shouldn't upgrade to Monterey until Adobe has fixed the issues. — which they have posted they are aware of but have no target date for a fix.
  • If Mac users have already upgraded to Monterey, they will need to reboot if they launch PSE and close it, and want to launch it again.
I’ve had no problems with Photoshop CC. This is the first time in more than 15 years I've had a problem with PSE and Mac operating systems ... so there's that. Lol.

I use Photoshop CC, but your message makes me wary!

Vicki Robinson

Designer
I use Photoshop CC, but your message makes me wary!
Well, honestly, it just PSE. Photoshop CC and everything else I run, is just fine. Since you don’t have it yet though, you might want to wait until the first update comes out.

marijke

I love the O!
CHEERY O
Today I installed a second hand MacBook - my son bought a new one and mine needed to be replaced.

I updated my PS and Bridge - I have a problem with bridge 2022
Everything works. Only my external hard drive appears in the menu, but Bridge does not show me the contents. Worked fine with 2021 version. Did I forget a hook somewhere?

Vicki Robinson

Designer
Today I installed a second hand MacBook - my son bought a new one and mine needed to be replaced.

Everything works. Only my external hard drive appears in the menu, but Bridge does not show me the contents. Worked fine with 2021 version. Did I forget a hook somewhere?
Let me take a look at mine

Vicki Robinson

Designer

Under the View Menu, is Show Items in Sub Folders checked?

Vicki Robinson

Designer
Also, in System Preferences, go to Security & Privacy. On the left, scroll down to Full Disk Access and make sure Bridge is listed in the right panel. If it's not, click the padlock at the bottom left of the screen, enter your computer password and then under the right panel, click the + sign. Navigate to the Applications Folder, find the Bridge CC 2022 folder, open it and then select the Bridge 2022 app file. Do the same for the Files + Folders section.

Did that fix it?

marijke

I love the O!
CHEERY O
Also, in System Preferences, go to Security & Privacy. On the left, scroll down to Full Disk Access and make sure Bridge is listed in the right panel. If it's not, click the padlock at the bottom left of the screen, enter your computer password and then under the right panel, click the + sign. Navigate to the Applications Folder, find the Bridge CC 2022 folder, open it and then select the Bridge 2022 app file. Do the same for the Files + Folders section.

Did that fix it?
thanks a lot Vicki .... the problem is solved ...

marijke

I love the O!
CHEERY O
I only added bridge in Security & Privacy- Full Disk Access.
Yesterday I installed the MacBook with time machine. The old mac had become too light for the 2022 versions of PS and Bridge - so I started with the 2021 version and there I saw subfolders in the EHD.
I'll keep the tip in mind. You're a sweetheart.

Vicki Robinson

Designer
I only added bridge in Security & Privacy- Full Disk Access.
Yesterday I installed the MacBook with time machine. The old mac had become too light for the 2022 versions of PS and Bridge - so I started with the 2021 version and there I saw subfolders in the EHD.
I'll keep the tip in mind. You're a sweetheart.
Happy to help!!