Oscraps

Live With Your Photos Before You Delete

helenh

As you all know I love photography ... but I am quick to delete ones I believe are not good enough, only looking for the best.

But sometimes we need to wait, or 'sleep on it' I sometimes tell myself.

I came across this fabulous article and thought to share with my O Family here ... something to think about:

"....This is what I would say to all aspiring photographers, don’t be so quick to hit the delete button. Live with your photos for a bit. Allow the images to breathe for a while and come back and revisit them when you are in a different frame of mind......."

Read more: HERE

mrstoa

mrstoa
The last layout I did of my grandson was one I nearly deleted as the sun in windi "blew out" think that's the term .
I'm so glad I didn't.
You're spot on with this advice Helen! Sleep on it and then sleep on it a few more nights.
:)

trista

O so scrappy!
This is fantastic advice. I too recently read an article (and watched a jawdropping video) about some amazing things that are coming to Photoshop - with photo correcting even extremely blurry photos. I find it hard to delete photos and have a 2tb EHD to prove it... I am one that has learned to hang on to a photo that may not be the very best, and have later revisited to find that though the photo may not be flawless, the memory or story is reflected strong enough in the bad photo to make me happy that I have kept it.
My old cell phone photos (before phones were smart) are a perfect example!

helenh

Exactly Trista ... it's all about seeing it from a different perspective also that time brings.

Photos that you are unsure of can always be resized to save on storage space.

frani_54

Great article Helen, I'm like Trista it's hard for me to delete some photos, so this really justifies why I don't delete except for the extremely bad shots.....

CookingMyLife

I'm not a quick to delete unless it's totally black (a photo taken in my pocket?) or one of my specials...a 3-5 sec video when I didn't notice my phone switched to video.

As Trista said, what they will be able to do in the near future is amazing, plus as my digi skills improve, I can take an iffy photo and make it an artsy photo!

tanteva

all i need is Oscraps, cOffee, chOcOlate & tOfu
I never delete photos. You'll never know when you might want them :)

Look at this first LO. I was so sad when I saw this photo first. John looks so great on this photo - but it's all blurry :( But blended into the background it just looks fantastic. Usually when you blend in photos to the background, you blur them anyway. That's my number one tip for blurry photos :)

OR - why not make a funny LO using your "not-so-good-photos". Here I've used them to tell a story ... "How to take a photo of a teenager"

So basically - stop deleting and start using! :)