Oscraps

June Challenge #5 - Heritage

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
I do not know if this "qualifies" because there is only one photo that is really old. My husband and
I met at Kentucky Christian Bible College(now University) and were taught about the "Cane Ridge Revival" of 1804 (Great Awakening) and this meeting house. We finally visited there a few years ago and had a very unexpected but special experience that truly taught us what "sacred" means.
If this is not ok, I am happy to make another page! I really enjoyed this challenge. Thank you.

View attachment 373160
View attachment 373161

In attempt to stay closer to the challenge's interpretation of Heritage, I made this page:

A soveriegn move of God occurred at Cane Ridge
in 1803 which birthed the Christian Church move-
-ment and then Kentucky Christian College, where
we met! We studied the Great Awakening stories
and sang some of its songs in our Chorale traveling
group. Dan was ordained in C.of C. with Dad being
one of the elders laying on hands. Visiting the
historic meeting house was a precious and
sacred experience!
Wonderful page and journaling on the 3rd LO... yes, that one did hit the spirit of the challenge perfectly. Thanks for you understanding and adding the page. You both look so young and very happy. Thanks for sharing these with us.

jodyt

Thank you for a great challenge, here is my offering.

I love this pic of me. and generally I HATE pics of me. This was such a great day, my Dad and I went to the koala sanctuary, it is still open and you can still have your photo taken with a koala.

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Thank you for a great challenge, here is my offering.

I love this pic of me. and generally I HATE pics of me. This was such a great day, my Dad and I went to the koala sanctuary, it is still open and you can still have your photo taken with a koala.

Oh, what a delightful LO and such a wonderful photo of you with the Koala! Love the story behind the photo. Thanks for sharing both with us.

FloridaGranny

This turned out quite differently from what I had planned for the challenge. I was going to scrap one of my old sepia ancestor photos, but then the sun came out and summer is here in Florida and I decided to go with these photos of our granddaughter. Thanks for the challenge!

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
This turned out quite differently from what I had planned for the challenge. I was going to scrap one of my old sepia ancestor photos, but then the sun came out and summer is here in Florida and I decided to go with these photos of our granddaughter. Thanks for the challenge!
Oh, this is such a happy LO showing off your granddaughter when she was young. Fantastic photo of her in the air as she jumps into the pool! Love the bright look to the page. Thanks for joining the challenge.

LDArtist

It doesn't seem so long ago that Lindze sent me this picture of her new 'puppy'
She was 12 and had asked for a dog her "entire life". She finally had her "sister"!
And boy - did she love this dog! She still does! She just showed me more pictures
of the two of them. Such a happy lil' "family"

Every time I see this photo all I see is her SMILE!

tanteva

all i need is Oscraps, cOffee, chOcOlate & tOfu
Thanks for the challenge. I've been meaning to make this latyout for a long time, just needed a kick in the butt LOL

It's all in the gallery, but I'll paste the translation here too:

In June 1693, Lars Sonidsson and Gunilla Olofsdotter, is married in the town of Ekshärad in Värmland. From what I've found, they have three daugthers together. I'm not sure how their life is, but I think they are fairly well off. Not rich, but still, they have a farm, and I can't see any obvious signs of poverty.

Eventually their children grow up. One of the daughters, Anna, marries her Engelbrekt, and they in turn have children, who have children, who have children, and so on. One of all the descendants from this couple is me. About 275 years after Lars and Gunilla said yes to eachother in church, I took my first steps.

Lars and Gunilla's other daughter, Ingegerd, marries her Sone and they have children, who have children, who have children, and so on. One of all these descendants is named Edwin by his parents, but he will be known by a completely different name: Buzz. About 275 years after Lars and Gunilla said yes to eachother in church, Buzz took a couple of truly amazing steps!

You have to wonder, what would Lars and Gunilla have thought, if one would have told them that one day their great great great great great great grandchild would walk on the moon!?

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Great challenge, Kay! Love your sample page!
Wow, Vicky... that is definitely a heritage photo. How fabulous it was that your mom saved it and you ended up with it. Too bad you don't know the backstory on it. I have a few photos in a box from my mom, too. Thanks for sharing this with us.

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
It doesn't seem so long ago that Lindze sent me this picture of her new 'puppy'
She was 12 and had asked for a dog her "entire life". She finally had her "sister"!
And boy - did she love this dog! She still does! She just showed me more pictures
of the two of them. Such a happy lil' "family"

Every time I see this photo all I see is her SMILE!

No wonder you smile... what a fun photo of your daughter with her dog. Glad she has been sharing photo of herself and her pup with you over the years. Delightful white space LO. Thanks for taking part in the challenge.

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Thanks for the challenge. I've been meaning to make this latyout for a long time, just needed a kick in the butt LOL

It's all in the gallery, but I'll paste the translation here too:

In June 1693, Lars Sonidsson and Gunilla Olofsdotter, is married in the town of Ekshärad in Värmland. From what I've found, they have three daugthers together. I'm not sure how their life is, but I think they are fairly well off. Not rich, but still, they have a farm, and I can't see any obvious signs of poverty.

Eventually their children grow up. One of the daughters, Anna, marries her Engelbrekt, and they in turn have children, who have children, who have children, and so on. One of all the descendants from this couple is me. About 275 years after Lars and Gunilla said yes to eachother in church, I took my first steps.

Lars and Gunilla's other daughter, Ingegerd, marries her Sone and they have children, who have children, who have children, and so on. One of all these descendants is named Edwin by his parents, but he will be known by a completely different name: Buzz. About 275 years after Lars and Gunilla said yes to eachother in church, Buzz took a couple of truly amazing steps!

You have to wonder, what would Lars and Gunilla have thought, if one would have told them that one day their great great great great great great grandchild would walk on the moon!?
WOW.... what a fabulous story and to know that a kin of your is Buzz! Love the photo of you as a child just learning how to walk. Thanks for participating in the challenge and sharing your family history with us.

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Let me try this again. This is one of my favorite pictures of Mom, Grandma and Poppy (Grandpa). It was taken in about 1931, to the best of my calculations. Mom was, from the beginning, a "Daddy's Girl" and remained so until he passed away. I love how classy they all look.

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Let me try this again. This is one of my favorite pictures of Mom, Grandma and Poppy (Grandpa). It was taken in about 1931, to the best of my calculations. Mom was, from the beginning, a "Daddy's Girl" and remained so until he passed away. I love how classy they all look.

I love this colorful page...with all the elements and brushes. What a treasure that photo of your mom with her parents is. Thanks for adding the approximate date to the page. So glad you shared this with us.

mom2triplets04

journaling:
You were 8 years old here. I was the girls brownie troop leader. We walked in the parade in our town. Unfortunately Justin could not walk with the girls because the girl scouts would not allow it.
So I walked with Justin and his boy scout troop and my girl scout co-leaders took my girls in the parade. I remember how hurt my son was that he couldn’t walk with his sisters.
I still don’t understand why the girl scouts refused to let the boys walk with them. It was very mean. I love this family photo which was taken at the parade by my friend Mark.

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O

journaling:
You were 8 years old here. I was the girls brownie troop leader. We walked in the parade in our town. Unfortunately Justin could not walk with the girls because the girl scouts would not allow it.
So I walked with Justin and his boy scout troop and my girl scout co-leaders took my girls in the parade. I remember how hurt my son was that he couldn’t walk with his sisters.
I still don’t understand why the girl scouts refused to let the boys walk with them. It was very mean. I love this family photo which was taken at the parade by my friend Mark.
What a wonderful photo of you with the children on that special day. Love the Red, White and Blue flag background. We were a scouting family, too and marched in many a parade with girl scouts and cub scouts. Thanks for sharing this special moment and joining the challenge.

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
What a wonderful heritage photo of you and your mum. Like the journaling telling the back-story of when and where it was taken. Love the blue background and clusters with the black and white photo. It brings the eye right to the photo. So happy you joined the challenge.

RJMJ

CHEERY O
Hopefully I did this challenge correctly...I'm not usually a heritage scrapper...I've dabbled a bit over the years & it was actually how I started My digiscrapping journey over 12 years ago now...I have a good lot of photos I suppose...But most of them are pre-digital & require a lot of work to make look good...Time I generally don't have & I'm far from an expert on how to restore vintage photos...But this is one of my favorite photos of me & my dad...I have always wanted to restore it & create a special layout for him...But I knew it would be daunting task..Just for the photo alone...& I wanted it to be extra special too...I'm a bit of a perfectionist...No one would have guessed that...LOL!!!... ;)...So I have been working on this photo for weeks now this month...I was finally mildly happy with it a few days ago...So It was now time to find a kit/collection that would highlight the photo properly...I ended up picking up 6 collections from the Oscraps store...Not knowing what would work...if any...It turned out to be a bit of an exercise in patience...None of the collections were the right colors or shades to go with the photo...So I was like...now I have to recolor these too...more time & patience on my part...also another reason why I left it til the end of the month...Either way upon further study I found one collection that was close to what I wanted & how I wanted the layout to look...So I went about creating the page today...It took quite sometime also to recolor everything & get all the elements together & I had to create some of my own WA too...But I did use one of Vicki Stegall's wonderful! "Dad" WA's too...It was just the right finishing touch I thought & I turned it into a sticker too...After much deliberation...I thought It looked just the way I wanted it to...

The photo in question...is a photo of me & my dad from December 1970...I love the look on my face...I look like I have the look of wonder in my eyes & on my face...dressed up in my fancy lace dress!!!...this photo makes me smile & warms my heart...It means so much to me...It was very important to me to scrap this page & photo...IE...[Giving away my age here...I was 2 years old!!!...]...

Thanks for the challenge...xx Rhonda...

My : Me & Dad : Layout :

Last edited:

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Hopefully I did this challenge correctly...I'm not usually a heritage scrapper...I've dabbled a bit over the years & it was actually how I started My digiscrapping journey over 12 years ago now...I have a good lot of photos I suppose...But most of them are pre-digital & require a lot of work to make look good...Time I generally don't have & I'm far from an expert on how to restore vintage photos...But this is one of my favorite photos of me & my dad...I have always wanted to restore it & create a special layout for him...But I knew it would be daunting task..Just for the photo alone...& I wanted it to be extra special too...I'm a bit of a perfectionist...No one would have guessed that...LOL!!!... ;)...So I have been working on this photo for weeks now this month...I was finally mildly happy with it a few days ago...So It was now time to find a kit/collection that would highlight the photo properly...I ended up picking up 6 collections from the Oscraps store...Not knowing what would work...if any...It turned out to be a bit of an exercise in patience...None of the collections were the right colors or shades to go with the photo...So I was like...now I have to recolor these too...more time & patience on my part...also another reason why I left it til the end of the month...Either way upon further study I found one collection that was close to what I wanted & how I wanted the layout to look...So I went about creating the page today...It took quite sometime also to recolor everything & get all the elements together & I had to create some of my own WA too...But I did use one of Vicki Stegall's wonderful! "Dad" WA's too...It was just the right finishing touch I thought & I turned it into a sticker too...After much deliberation...I thought It looked just the way I wanted it to...

The photo in question...is a photo of me & my dad from December 1970...I love the look on my face...I look like I have the look of wonder in my eyes & on my face...dressed up in my fancy lace dress!!!...this photo makes me smile & warms my heart...It means so much to me...It was very important to me to scrap this page & photo...IE...[Giving away my age here...I was 2 years old!!!...]...

Thanks for the challenge...xx Rhonda...

My : Me & Dad : Layout :

What a fantastic photo of you and your dad! I love the fantastic clustering around the photo. The background paper with the brushes add to the vintage look you have created. Thanks so much for joining the challenge.

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
This was our son's first car. Lot's of memories here.
LOL... what a great story about his learning how to drive! Having taught all 5 of our kids to drive... I fully understand what you went through with him as he learned. Great photo and love all the elements in the background. Thanks for joining the challenge and sharing this with us.