Oscraps

June Challenge #5 - Heritage

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O

1652375066454.png
All members that participate, can everyone PLEASE ensure that you read all the rules for this challenge
so that you can claim your challenge points. Thank you!
Welcome to the June Heritage Challenge.
This is Bright Eyes aka Kay and I will be your hostess for this challenge.
What is a Heritage challenge??
The focus of the page will be on a photo that is over 5 years old... i.e... taken before 2017.
The date of the photo must be on the page.
Heritage is something that comes to you from your family...​
For this Challenge -​
The photo must have some meaning to you and/or your family.
No Stock Photos allowed.
The meaning must be on the page somewhere
Also list the meaning in your post here
"My Mister" - is my husband and the father of our children.​
I was inspired to honor him as Father's Day is in June.​
This is one of my favorite photos of him.​
las_heymister_aio.jpg
Please note: the photo you chose must have meaning to you.​
You do not have to use one about Father's Day.​

RULES:
-
The focus of the page will be on a photo that is over 5 years old... i.e... taken before 2017.
The date of the photo must be on the page.
The photo must have some meaning to you and/or your family.
No Stock Photos allowed.
The meaning must be on the page somewhere
Also list the meaning in your post here
- Please use 80% Oscraps products that are currently in the store.
- Non-Oscraps products or retired O designer products can be used whether the designer is selling elsewhere or not.
- You need to credit all the products used on your layout.
- Your layout can not be used for more than one challenge.
- Your page must be posted in the Challenge 5 gallery by midnight PST June 30 and linked back to this thread (see below on how to add your linked layout).
- And do not forget to update the CURRENT MONTH'S TRACKING THREAD to be eligible for your coupon.

Adding a linked layout from the Gallery to a thread:
1. Upload your layout to the gallery first. In your forum post click the Gallery Embed icon (little camera).
2. This will open your gallery, simply click on the layout you require, then scroll down to the bottom of the screen and click the Continue button.
3. Your linked layout is now in your post, the image will appear once you have clicked the Post Reply button.

Attachments

• BE HeyMister LAS copy.jpg
    BE HeyMister LAS copy.jpg
    228.5 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Love this challenge Kay! Thank you! Updated with larger comments so that the date can be read.
Thanks for enlarging the journaling. Still a bit difficult to read but think I can make out the date. Beautiful page design and wonderful photo of your mom and her friend. So glad you joined the challenge.

terryspear

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
This is the third in a row photo I'm posting from about 1950.

What a wonderful heritage photo and love the soft blues you used. Glad you found it and scanned it so you will always have it. Thanks for joining the challenge and sharing it with us.

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
My daughter and son-in-law in Hawaii on their honeymoon. I asked if they'd take me with them, lol. It's nearly ten years later and they have 2 kids, 2 dogs, the home, and I live half a mile away so I get to see them and the little ones lots.
Terry, love the tropical blues used in this LO... definitely perfect for showcasing a honeymoon photo in Hawaii! They are a beautiful couple and look so happy. Thanks for joining the challenge.

Pia/Pippin

Fun challenge. Here is my page with a photo from 1987. I met my husband in 1986 and almost right away knew he was the one for me. Our first vacation together was to US for a month and we bought a car in New Jersey and drove down to Florida. We have now been together for 36 years.

terryspear

Terry, love the tropical blues used in this LO... definitely perfect for showcasing a honeymoon photo in Hawaii! They are a beautiful couple and look so happy. Thanks for joining the challenge.
Thanks! They are so very happy together a decade later. I'm so happy for them. :)

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Fun challenge. Here is my page with a photo from 1987. I met my husband in 1986 and almost right away knew he was the one for me. Our first vacation together was to US for a month and we bought a car in New Jersey and drove down to Florida. We have now been together for 36 years.

Love the story behind the great photo! Great masking. I like that you added the beachy elements since you ended up in Florida. Thanks so much for joining the challenge.

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Thank you for the challenge! I LOVE LOVE LOVE heritage pages and welcome any reminder to scrap history. This is one of the rare photos of myself as a bady taken in 1978.

What a darling photo of you as a young child. Love the photo placement in the journal and the other elements stacked behind it. Fabulous page design. So happy you shared it with us.

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Date: Summer of '75 (says 1975 in lower right corner.)
Meaning: This is me at a much younger age, almost half a century ago. Who I was, what I do & don't remember.
Like this double page spread. Great photo of you. Fabulous journaling. Yes, it is sometimes hard to remember back that far in time. Like the faded colors you used - it gives that vintage look to the LO. Thanks for joining in the challenge this month.

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Once I got to these old photos, I can't seem to stop. Here's another layout from me - this time from 2001.

Love the bright and vibrant colors in your dress and the LO. Super journaling and love the cluster. Great blending on the 2 background papers. Thanks for sharing this with us in the challenge.

Hamer Lodge

forever learning
June Challenge #5 Heritage. I feel blessed to have this photo of 4 generations of women in my family, me being the toddler in the photo. All created with Karen Schulz beautiful kits and freebie (thank you)

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
June Challenge #5 Heritage. I feel blessed to have this photo of 4 generations of women in my family, me being the toddler in the photo. All created with Karen Schulz beautiful kits and freebie (thank you)
That is a fantastic photo of the 4 generations! You look a lot like your Mom. I like the black/white with just a few spots of color. Thank you for joining the challenge and sharing it with us.

Amandajk

I do not know if this "qualifies" because there is only one photo that is really old. My husband and
I met at Kentucky Christian Bible College(now University) and were taught about the "Cane Ridge Revival" of 1804 (Great Awakening) and this meeting house. We finally visited there a few years ago and had a very unexpected but special experience that truly taught us what "sacred" means.
If this is not ok, I am happy to make another page! I really enjoyed this challenge. Thank you.

Heritage1of2.jpg
JuneHeritage2of2.jpg

In attempt to stay closer to the challenge's interpretation of Heritage, I made this page:

A soveriegn move of God occurred at Cane Ridge
in 1803 which birthed the Christian Church move-
-ment and then Kentucky Christian College, where
we met! We studied the Great Awakening stories
and sang some of its songs in our Chorale traveling
group. Dan was ordained in C.of C. with Dad being
one of the elders laying on hands. Visiting the
historic meeting house was a precious and
sacred experience!

Last edited: