Oscraps

July Challenge #5 - Occasions & Themes

RJMJ

1655853589962.png

All members that participate, can everyone PLEASE ensure that you read all the rules for this challenge so that you can claim your challenge points. Thank you!

Hello everyone my name is Rhonda and I'm gonna be your Happy! host for July's Occasions & Themes Challenge...

Seeing that it is July and Summer is in full swing here where I live, I thought a Beach/Beachy/Sea/Ocean would be an appropriate and timely theme for a July Challenge. Even though it would seem that our Summer's here are considered short in terms of other countries and places, I do find them plenty long enough for me. It is very hot and humid here in the city where we live, with an average temperature somewhere in the 30 degree range going up to the 40's on most days from late June, July, August and parts of September too. I'm not the biggest fan of heat and humidity and am grateful everyday to have an air conditioner and fan to keep me cool. Our apartment can get up to 50 degrees sometimes throughout the day! Yikes!!!

What's the best thing to do when it's hot like this? Get out of the city's heat and go hang out at the Beach of course! Cool off with a swim have some awesome ice cream or a cool drink! Go for a walk on the beach and listen and watch the waves and feel the soothing of your mind, body and soul, with the beach melting away all of your stress. And don't forget your sunscreen! LOL! Maybe bring your own refreshments and food goodies and have a picnic of sorts on the beach too. I'm also a big fan of beach themed layouts and I do love creating them whether they are personal, mixed media, white space, art journal-y or more traditional. All styles can be used for this challenge but there are a few specific rules you need to follow...

And I know it's winter for a lot of you in the southern hemisphere, so why not escape the cold and spend a warm summer's day at the beach with me!...

Challenge Rules:
You need to use the following on your page:

• A large title on your page somewhere and make it stand-out.​
  • At least 1 photo (frames can be used if you want) no photo-less layouts for this challenge (you may have between 1 - 3 photos maximum)​
  • There has to be a person or people in the photograph ie, not just scenery​
  • Need to see the color Blue/Teal (or some variance of these colors like Aqua or Sea Turquoise)​
  • Use some Texture & Blending on your layout as well​
  • You may journal but keep it to a minimum please, I want the photo, texture and blending to be prominent
You may blend several BG papers together to add interest, depth, texture to your background; use brushes, stamps, masks as well if you like. Think fun summer/beachy elements to add interest, along with fish, seashells, seahorses, flamingos, sand, sun, seagulls flying etc. Explore your creative side and have fun with your beach/beachy/sea/ocean layouts.

For my "Sea Habilitation" layout I used:
  • A large title - I used a font and added a sticker style
  • One photo - it is a wonderful hot summer day out on a boat on the sea for this lovely lady today and she's enjoying the sun and the breeze off the deck
  • A blended background, mixed with sand texture and blue sky from the photo, blended into 2 different papers (this adds a lot of texture too)
  • I added some blue/teal color in the form of some subtle painterly overlays which adds even more texture and depth
  • I opted to use 2 circle strings to form a sort of frame to showcase this lovely sea breeze lady and some cool clustering as well using some fun and pretty sea and ocean elements.

***I created this layout with Palvinka's : Coastal Memories Collection***

OS-July 2022-Challenge-Sea Habilitation2.jpg

Hope you will have some Summer Fun and join me for this challenge.
Can't wait to see all of your wonderful beach/beachy/sea/ocean layouts!!! :)

RULES :
- Refer to the challenge rules above noted in blue
- Please use 80% Oscraps products that are currently in the store.
- Non-Oscraps products or retired O designer products can be used whether the designer is selling elsewhere or not.
- You need to credit all the products used on your layout.
- Your layout can not be used for more than one challenge.
- Your page must be posted in the Challenge 5 gallery by midnight PST July 31st 2022 and linked back to this thread (see below on how to add your linked layout).
- And do not forget to update the CURRENT MONTH'S TRACKING THREAD to be eligible for your coupon.

Adding a linked layout from the Gallery to a thread:
1. Upload your layout to the gallery first. In your forum post click the Gallery Embed icon (little camera).
2. This will open your gallery, simply click on the layout you require, then scroll down to the bottom of the screen and click the Continue button.
3. Your linked layout is now in your post, the image will appear once you have clicked the Post Reply button.

Last edited:

RJMJ

Last edited:

RJMJ

So glad I got to grow up near the ocean and visit most summer weekends. I no longer buy ocean and beach scrapbooking supplies.

:D
@isDK ...I Love your layout!...Classic beach colors!...Surfers!!!...I See seashells too!!!..Great! blending! & texture Too!...Love! the different shades of blues! & the look of your layout!...It almost looks like a painting!!!...Very Cool!!!...Thank You! for joining my challenge this month!!!... #kiss...

Last edited:

terryspear

@terryspear WOW!...This is so Cool! & Wild! all at the same time!!!...So creative! & such an Amazing! layout design!!!...OMG!!!...Such Incredible!!!!!!!!!! Blending!!!!!!!!!...Thank You! for joining my challenge this month!!!... #clap...#kiss...
It was a great challenge and I had a lot of fun with it! :)

RJMJ

@Scrapbyirre Nice! job with the large title work & placement!!!...I love! all of your wonderful! blending!..the paint,the water...all the fishies!!!...Great! photo blend! with the fishing rod!!!...I especially love all the splattered white paint that looks like sea foam!!!...A Fab! Summer!!! layout!!!!...Thank You!!! for joining my challenge this month!!!... #clap ...#kiss...

RJMJ

Fun challenge. Here is my page.

@Pia/Pippin I really like how you created your large title!!!...& the aqua blue color you used here for your BG!!!...Nice! blending with your beachy photo & frame!...And use of all those sea/beachy elements!!!...Awesome!!!...Thank You!!! for joining my challenge this month!!!...#kiss...

RJMJ

No beach here, but beach feeling in Zurich.

@nobles Just Perfect!!!...City Of Summer!!!...Love!!! the placement of your Wonderful! photos!!!...Large title! & fabulous! blending of your sea blues & seafoam whites & Fab! positioning on your minimal...but complimentary elements!!!...Thank You!!! for joining my challenge this month!!!... #kiss...

RJMJ

My layout for your challenge dear Rhonda!! thanks for hosting. xxx
@AnaSantos So Lovely! Dear Ana!!!...Amazing! extraction & blending!...Love! the sea/ocean!!! open feel scene you have created!!!...Feels like a breath of fresh! open/beautiful!!! beach air!!!...And Your Wonderful! Large Title!!!...As always Wonderful!!! composition!!!...Thank You! for joining my challenge this month!!!...xx Rhonda... #kiss...#kiss3...

RJMJ

Thanks, Rhonda for such an awesome challenge. I see a lot of surfing going on in this thread!! :)

@Betty Jo OMG! My friend...o_O...So BEAUTIFUL! Dramatic! & Wonderful!!!...Incredible!!! blending! & vertical flow!!!...WOW!!!...All the painty-goodness & mix of those Gorgeous! blues & white seafoam colors!!!...Spectacular!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...I think you used your Deep Dream Goodness!...Love! The Photo & How you composed with the white frame!!!...Stunning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...Thank You!!! for joining my challenge this month...#kiss...#clap...#kiss3...

RJMJ

RJMJ

Thank you!
@Amandajk Oh! I Love! your quieter version of the beach!...I too like a quieter beach spot!...This looks so nice & peaceful!...Lovely! blue sky & fluffy white clouds!!!...Cute!!! idea with the photo sitting on the beach chair!!!...Thank You!!! for joining my challenge this month!!!.... #kiss...