Oscraps

July 2020 Challenge #2 Artist Inspiration

Madi

Diane
CHEERY O
2018-_ARTIST-_INSPIRATION.jpg

All members that participate, can everyone PLEASE ensure that you read all the rules for this challenge so that you can claim your challenge points. Thank you!

Welcome to the July Artist Inspiration challenge.
The artist I picked for you is Alphonse Mucha.
24 July 1860 – 14 July 1939, known internationally as Alphonse Mucha.
He was a Czech painter, illustrator and graphic artist, living in Paris during the Art Nouveau period,
best known for his distinctly stylized and decorative theatrical posters, particularly those of Sarah Bernhardt.

For this challenge I would like you to find your inspiration in his posters.
http://www.muchafoundation.org/gallery/browse-works/object_type/posters

Remember, you may create any style of layout you wish, with or without photos. Create any size page you wish.
This is for everyone! There are no restrictions, have fun and see where the inspiration takes you.
Just create a layout based on what you like in the posters, it can be flowers, frames, borders.
Please tell me which poster inspired you.

This is my layout:

and my inspiration:

plakat-f-champenois.jpg

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:F._Champenois_imprimeur-éditeur.jpg

Can't wait to see your layouts!

RULES:
- Create a layout inspired by the artist A. Mucha and describe what inspired you, or post the image.
- If you have trouble posting an image, you can also post a link to the image.

- [FONT=&quot]Please use 80% Oscraps products that are currently in the store.[/FONT]
- Non-Oscraps products or retired O designer products can be used whether the designer is selling elsewhere or not.
- You need to credit all the products used on your layout.
- Your page must be posted in the Challenge 2 gallery by midnight PST July 31 2020 and linked back to this thread. HOW TO LINK LAYOUT TO CHALLENGE THREAD.
- And do not forget to update the CURRENT MONTH'S TRACKING THREAD to be eligible for your coupon.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kythe

CHEERY O
Here is my take. Thanks for the challenge. I used the [FONT=&quot]circle, natural element shapes , female[/FONT]

Madi

Diane
CHEERY O
and we're off to a great start!
love how you scrapped your pages inspired by the posters!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
The posters remind me so much of Tarot Cards that I had to use one in my LO
I don;t think I chose one specific poster but this is the one that most closely matches my page

MF_MoetChandon_White_Star.jpg

Ama

Thank you for the challenge. I did not find just one piece as an inspiration,

but rather the commonality of motifs the artist used: scrollwork, framework, florals and femininity.

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
Thank you for the challenge. I did not find just one piece as an inspiration,

but rather the commonality of motifs the artist used: scrollwork, framework, florals and femininity.

This is just wonderful, Amanda!! Your work never ceases to "blow me away"! A huge welcome!!

Dalis

I love how he likes framing these beauties with a circle around their faces and the second frame is with all the texture around the original round "frame". I tried to create some texture on the background to hint the gorgeous emboss effects of these posters.

Dady

Thank you Madi for this challenge!

My inspiration

captur11.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

My layout

sandra-9663

Thanks for the Challenge!!

I drew my inspiration from a combination of Primose and Ivy (at the Alphonse Mucha website).

Primrose and Ivy.jpg

Danesa

Danesa
CHEERY O
Wonderful challenge. Thank you, Diane.
I was inspired by Amethyst, in Mucha's art. I love the color and gem, amethyst, so she was a perfect choice. I loved the surrounding of flowers & air of confidence of this art piece.
Screen%20Shot%202020-07-24%20at%202.09.45%20PM-M.png

Nickel

Feeling Owsome at the O!
CHEERY O
Somewhat based on the preciuos stones (the circulair text and cirkels i teh circles are based on iother work)

attachment.php

Attachments

• MF_Precious_Stones_Ruby.jpg
    MF_Precious_Stones_Ruby.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 14