Oscraps

January Challenge #7 - Poems & Lyrics

RJMJ

CHEERY O
1639294044949.png

All members that participate, can everyone PLEASE ensure that you read all the rules for this challenge
so that you can claim your challenge points. Thank you! :)

Hi there everyone! Rhonda here to bring you the Poems & Lyrics Challenge for January. This is my first challenge that I'm hosting here at Oscraps, so looking forward to seeing what you all create.

Music has always been an important part of my life. It relates to so many things, from the important events through to the everyday moments in our lives. I enjoy listening to many kinds of genres and artists and I have often found inspiration in music to help scrap layouts too!

For this challenge there was just one song that kept playing over and over in my mind, Just The Two Of Us by Grover Washington JR featuring Bill Withers. It's a song I have known since childhood and I remember it playing on the radio in the kitchen of the house where I grew up. I really like the positive and uplifting lyrics about love and happiness, of being together with someone you love and care about.

With all the tough things that have been in our lives relating to Covid for the last couple of years, I wanted to have a positive song choice to start the new year off. It seems more important than ever to celebrate being together as much as we can, be it with your partner, your family, your furbabies or friends.

Here's a link to a Youtube video if you would like to listen to it.

The song lyrics are below:

Just the Two of Us
Bill Withers, Grover Washington, Jr.

I see the crystal raindrops fall
And the beauty of it all
Is when the sun comes shining through
To make those rainbows in my mind
When I think of you sometime
And I wanna spend some time with you

[Chorus]Just the two of us
We can make it if we try
Just the two of us
(Just the two of us)
Just the two of us
Building castles in the sky
Just the two of us
You and I[Chorus]

We look for love, no time for tears
Wasted water's all that is
And it don't make no flowers grow
Good things might come to those who wait
Not for those who wait too late
We gotta go for all we know
[Chorus]

I hear the crystal raindrops fall
On the window down the hall
And it becomes the morning dew
And darling when the morning comes
And I see the morning sun
I wanna be the one with you
[Chorus]

(We can make it, just the two of us)
(Just the two of us)
(We can make it, just the two of us)
(Just the two of us)

Source: LyricFind
Songwriters: Ralph Macdonald / William Salter / William Harrison Jr Withers
Just the Two of Us lyrics © BMG Rights Management, Bleunig Music

The challenge is for you to choose a minimum of 3 words but no more than 5 Words, in a row, to use as the title of your layout.

Let me give you some examples:

The lyric is:
I see the crystal raindrops fall

Your title could be:
crystal raindrops fall

The lyric is:

Your title could be:
- or -
Castles in the sky

The lyric is:
We look for love, no time for tears

Your title could be:
We look for love
- or -
Look for love
- or -
No time for tears

The lyric is:
And darling when the morning comes

Your title could be:
When The Morning Comes
- or -
When The Morning
- or -
The Morning Comes

Your layout can be in any style you like - Photo(s) or Photoless; Artsy; White Space; Mixed Media; Full Page; whatever speaks to you!

For this challenge it is important to understand that your "3 no more than 5 word title"...Has to be the Largest words on your layout...It must stand out on it's own...There can't be any other wa,flairs,brads etc underneath,around or near your title...Again the title Must standout on it's own...IE All by itself...If you choose to add other words,wa or journaling or a date...They must be far away from the title & much much smaller than your title...in the background & limited to just a few...Otherwise it takes away from the title...And makes the layout against the rules of this challenge...

I hope this clarifies the rules better now...Sorry if the rules were not clear before...This is my first challenge hosting...and I'm still learning...Thank You! everyone who has created a layout so far!...I will try to find some time to leave a comment on each one...

There are so many great! words to choose from in this song...I already knew which photo I was gonna use for my page...& upon further consideration...I went with : Just The Two of Us"...This photo is of Me & my partner of 25 years...Ray...back from December 1998...Wow!...23 years ago...Some of you may know that I generally fill my pages with lots of WA...So this was also a challenge for me too!...But happy with how it turned out...I Hope you enjoy creating your page for this challenge as much as I did!...:)...

OS-Challenge #7-Lyrics & Poems-Just Us-2b.jpg

Created with Between Us (Collection) By Simplette
Font Used : Adobe Caslon Pro Bold Italic
OS-Challenge #7-Lyrics & Poems-Just Us-2b.jpg

I can't wait to see all of your wonderful and creative pages, I truly hope you will join me in the challenge.

RULES:
- Choose a minimum of 3 words but no more than 5 Words, in a row, to use as the title of your layout.
- Please use 80% Oscraps products that are currently in the store.
- Non-Oscraps products or retired O designer products can be used whether the designer is selling elsewhere or not.
- You need to credit all the products used on your layout.
- Your layout can not be used for more than one challenge.
- Your page must be posted in the Challenge 7 gallery by midnight PST January 31 | 2022 and linked back to this thread (see below on how to add your linked layout).
- And do not forget to update the CURRENT MONTH'S TRACKING THREAD to be eligible for your coupon.

Adding a linked layout from the Gallery to a thread:
1. Upload your layout to the gallery first. In your forum post click the Gallery Embed icon (little camera).
2. This will open your gallery, simply click on the layout you require, then scroll down to the bottom of the screen and click the Continue button.
3. Your linked layout is now in your post, the image will appear once you have clicked the Post Reply button.

Last edited:

isDK

I used words because I put this page in my book and it has more meaning for me with words, but I can put up my other version in a heartbeat if you don't want any words. Just DM me. ;)

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
What a wonderful challenge, Rhonda! I LOVE the inspiration so far and I'll be back with a page!

Elysah

Thanks for a great challenge! I choose the words "the sun comes shining through" for my page:

RJMJ

CHEERY O
Castles in the Sky makes me think of using your imagination--fun, whimsical. The castle photo was taken in Scotland on one of my trips there.
@terryspear

Wow! how wonderful! This Is!...Love! The giraffe with the glasses!...Wonderful! chosen title!...Awesome! blending of your castle photos against the blue sky background!...Fantastic!...Thank You! for joining my challenge this month!...

RJMJ

CHEERY O
@Pia/Pippin

A Lovely! & Wonderful! medieval themed layout!...Love! your lady & soldier!...Great! blending of your castle in the background!...Everything goes perfectly well with your title of choice...Thank You! for joining my challenge this month!...

RJMJ

CHEERY O
Thanks for a great challenge! I choose the words "the sun comes shining through" for my page:
@Elysah

Well the sun certainly comes shining through on your bright! & sunny! layout!...Love! how you arranged your frames! & photos!...Nice petite clusters! & Bottom Border!...Wonderful! Large Photo blended into your background!...Thank You! for joining my challenge this month!...

RJMJ

CHEERY O
Thanks for the challenge, Rhonda!

@Cherylndesigns

Love! your wonderful! pic! Cheryl!...Nice title of choice!...And for filling up your page so nicely with all your added flowers & foliage!...Thank You! for joining my challenge this month Cheryl!... :)...

RJMJ

CHEERY O
I have always loved that song. It has very special meaning to me now. Thanks for the challenge.

@BrightEyes

What A Gorgeous! page of the both of you!...Love! your color choices! here...The purple going with your jacket & flowers & your large title!...Accented by the brown matching the frame & your wonderful! foliage!...Thanks! for joining my challenge this month!...

RJMJ

CHEERY O
I used words because I put this page in my book and it has more meaning for me with words, but I can put up my other version in a heartbeat if you don't want any words. Just DM me. ;)

@isDK

Beautiful! Layout!...I love! your vintage car & vintage style layout...Particularly your large title button flair!...So creative! & interesting!...It gives your page a lot of added meaning & depth!...Your word placement is Great! & doesn't intrude on the title at all!...With the large bird flying over top!...Really whimsical! & charming layout!...Thank You! for joining my challenge this month...

RJMJ

CHEERY O
I chose The Sun Comes Shining Through from your song, Rhonda :D Thanks for the challenge!
@Caro

Hi There!...I love! all The bright! & happy yellow! in your art journal-y style layout!...Cute & whimsical reindeer girl too!...Nice Large Title Work Too!...& eventhough I feel your wa sunshine could be a bit smaller...You kept it far away from your title & you nailed The Large title!...So I'm giving this layout a thumbs up!...:)...Thank You for joining my challenge this month...

Last edited: