Oscraps

January Challenge #2 - Borders

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
2021-BORDER-WEB.jpg

All members that participate, can everyone PLEASE ensure that you read all the rules for this challenge
so that you can claim your challenge points. Thank you! :)

Welcome to the January 2022 Border Challenge
This is Bright Eyes and I will be your hostess for this challenge.

I love borders - they add that extra eye appeal on a page.
A border is made up of different elements placed on or close to an edge.
Borders can be placed along any edge... top, bottom or right or left side.
Some borders overlap the edge but other borders can be place near a edge so you can see all of it.

For this challenge, the border must be placed near one edge so you can see all of it
and must be along one side only - no corner borders please.
The border must fill 90% of the side - from edge to edge.
No premade borders - create your own.
You may use any theme you wish but do include at least 1 photo and a title.

Since this is the start of a new year, my Layout reflects time passing
and a welcome to 2022 - New Year.

BE BlueFall LAS copy.jpg

We are so happy to have Laitha Designs back from her sabbatical.
I used Blue Fall collection by Laitha Designs

BlueFall Collect.jpg

I look forward to seeing your layouts

RULES:
- For this challenge, the border must be placed near one edge so you can see all of it
and must be along one side only - no corner borders please.
The border must fill 90% of the side - from edge to edge.
No premade borders - create your own.

Use any theme you wish but include at least 1 photo and a title.

- Please use 80% Oscraps products that are currently in the store.
- Non-Oscraps products or retired O designer products can be used whether the designer is selling elsewhere or not.
- You need to credit all the products used on your layout.
- Your layout can not be used for more than one challenge.
- Your page must be posted in the Challenge 2 gallery by midnight PST January 31, 2022 and linked back to this thread (see below on how to add your linked layout).
- And do not forget to update the CURRENT MONTH'S TRACKING THREAD to be eligible for your coupon.

Adding a linked layout from the Gallery to a thread:
1. Upload your layout to the gallery first. In your forum post click the Gallery Embed icon (little camera).
2. This will open your gallery, simply click on the layout you require, then scroll down to the bottom of the screen and click the Continue button.
3. Your linked layout is now in your post, the image will appear once you have clicked the Post Reply button.

Last edited:

LSlycord

Another great challenge for me! I am not very good with borders but I love them. So, challenge accepted. And what a beautiful example you have provided.

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Lion, King of the Vultures and he needed a family to go along with him, so they're the border.
Terry, that is an unusual border. Just realized that mamma and cubs are from Lynne Anzelc Safari. Like that you included Papa Lion (can't believe the vultures have taken over the zoo), So glad you joined the challenge.

terryspear

Terry, that is an unusual border. Just realized that mamma and cubs are from Lynne Anzelc Safari. Like that you included Papa Lion (can't believe the vultures have taken over the zoo), So glad you joined the challenge.
I love Lynne Anzelc's Safari. I purchased the Add-On too. I think I used from both of them. It was fun putting them all together for the border--wild grasses, flowers, lioness and the 2 cubs. :) It seemed appropriate. I have a picture of a black bear surrounded by vultures and a rhino that is sleeping and one is sitting on top of him! The vultures are literally everywhere at the zoo.

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Oh, Wow... gone yesterday and come back to see all these wonderful pages! You gals ROCK! Thanks for joining the challenge. Leaving love in the gallery.