Oscraps

It's National Doughnut Day!

AZK

Queen of the Universe
CHEERY O

NATIONAL DOUGHNUT DAY HISTORY

The Salvation Army created National Doughnut Day in 1938 to honor the women who served doughnuts to soldiers in World War I. This day began as a fundraiser for Chicago’s Salvation Army. The goal of their 1938 fundraiser was to help the needy during the Great Depression.

I am fortunate that there is a cider mill near my home that makes the most delicious cinnamon sugar doughnuts. I believe I might just take a drive over there later and grab some.

Screenshot 2024-06-07 121942.jpg

Do you like doughnuts? What's your favorite kind?

bcgal00

CHEERY O
I don't often eat donuts b/c of the sugar content and white flour, so definitely not a healthy choice but I do indulge every now and then. My faves are apple or blueberry fritters, boston cream and crullers.

Reactions: AZK

AK_Tracy

Ooooohhhhhhh now I need doughnuts!!!! I love a classic glazed doughnut. or a chocolate doughnut. I dont eat them often but when I do its waaaaaay to many since I usually make them.

AZK

Queen of the Universe
CHEERY O
I don't often eat donuts b/c of the sugar content and white flour, so definitely not a healthy choice but I do indulge every now and then. My faves are apple or blueberry fritters, boston cream and crullers.
Yum, fritters!

AZK

Queen of the Universe
CHEERY O
Ooooohhhhhhh now I need doughnuts!!!! I love a classic glazed doughnut. or a chocolate doughnut. I dont eat them often but when I do its waaaaaay to many since I usually make them.
You make your own! I'm impressed!

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
After I posted I thought of those too. They're a close second, if not tied for first place!
I'm a sucker for those - they usually have powdered sugar sprinkled on them. I also love anything with creme cheese inside. I love cream cheese pastries - not really a donut, but I love them. Has to be REAL cream cheese - Starbucks has a yummy one and they heat it up - so good.

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Yep, no local donut place. So I make them about twice a year. Nothing fancy, just a cake or classic glazed.
I used to take Pillsbury biscuits, cut the centers out - i.e. donut holes, then fry both the "holes" and the outsides in oil. When they were done, I put them in a brown paper bag and shook them up - some went in with cinnamon sugar and others went in with powdered sugar. The kids used to love it when I "made donuts".