Oscraps

iOS 18?

Jam-on-toast

CHEERY O
Have you upgraded yet? I read a few negative reviews and was rather skeptical, but decided to upgrade last night, partly because eventually I'd have to anyway and partly because I was curious.

I haven't really had time to play around yet, but from what I can see, the Passwords app is a nice addition, and the fact that reminders are now in the main calendar might actually encourage me to use them - I tried and discarded the app precisely because it didn't connect to the calendar. The Photo app IS a bit different, but not in a bad way, just takes a bit of getting used to.

All in all, I'm not as traumatized as I thought I'd be... but perhaps I ain't seen nothing yet, lol...

AK_Tracy

I'm glad it wasn't traumatic. Neither my phone or laptop have told me to update to 18 yet so I haven't tried it. Fingers crossed for no issues when it tells me I have to update.

scribler

The O is my hOme.
CHEERY O
If you have an iPad Pro with an M4 chip, you can’t get it. The update was bricking the iPad to the point where you have to take it to an Apple Store and they’ll send you a new one. You can’t even restore it with a computer.

Jam-on-toast

CHEERY O
If you have an iPad Pro with an M4 chip, you can’t get it. The update was bricking the iPad to the point where you have to take it to an Apple Store and they’ll send you a new one. You can’t even restore it with a computer.
OMG, Cindy, this sounds extreme.. I hope this is not what happened to you...

Amandajk

Holy Nomad
Interesting! I usually hesitate with updates. I admit, I am skeptical of frequent changes to something that carries so much private/identity info. I would NOT buy the newest phone for that reason. I don't want AI taking over my digital life- scary what they are able to gather and reproduce with the new phone. Glad y'all posted- I took time to read about the 18 update. :D I did the update- so good so far!!

Last edited: