Oscraps

Intermittent Fasting

EvelynD2

CHEERY O
Have any of you tried intermittent fasting? I just started trying it. Did you have any luck with losing weight on it? Also, any suggestions on the headaches from fasting?

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
I used to, when I was younger, but not for a few years. I don't remember headaches, but you need to hydrate.

EvelynD2

CHEERY O
I used to, when I was younger, but not for a few years. I don't remember headaches, but you need to hydrate.
Thank you so much, Cheryl! I do need to be sure to drink enough. I tend to get busy and forget about drinking my water. I do like to use True Lemon water flavoring. It's sweetened with Stevia instead of the other sweeteners. They have all kinds of flavors. I really love the watermelon, peach and mango.

bkasko

CHEERY O
Since I am diabetic it is not an option for me. Limiting carbs did help me lose weight and lots of water.

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Thank you so much, Cheryl! I do need to be sure to drink enough. I tend to get busy and forget about drinking my water. I do like to use True Lemon water flavoring. It's sweetened with Stevia instead of the other sweeteners. They have all kinds of flavors. I really love the watermelon, peach and mango.
Evelyn, you can drink clear liquids and tea and coffee w/o any creamer or sugar. The first day is easy, the second day is hard and the third day you start to feel euporic. You will loose weight, but as soon as you start eating again, you'll put it back on. The idea isn't to lose weight, it's to cleanse your system. My husband and I used to do this together and again, when we were younger, LOL

Last edited:

EvelynD2

CHEERY O
T
Since I am diabetic it is not an option for me. Limiting carbs did help me lose weight and lots of water.
Those are both great ideas. I have been trying to count calories but have struggled the last few months.

bkasko

CHEERY O
I was never successful in counting calories and Keto is too extreme for me. For diabetics they say no more than 45 carbs a meal and no more than 15 carbs for a snack. It is a lot easier for me than counting calories ever was and it makes you eat more vegetables, and protein and less bread and pasta. Fruit can be tricky berries are you best bet as bananas, watermelon and some others are high in sugar and carbs but you can still eat them I usually only have 1/2 a small banana and limit how much watermelon I eat. You really need to find what works for you so that you can do it as a lifestyle versus a one time diet. I don't deprive myself I still eat sweets just not as much if we order dessert in a restaurant I will take half of it home and I cut portions of most things I used to eat if they are high in carbs.

EvelynD2

CHEERY O
I was never successful in counting calories and Keto is too extreme for me. For diabetics they say no more than 45 carbs a meal and no more than 15 carbs for a snack. It is a lot easier for me than counting calories ever was and it makes you eat more vegetables, and protein and less bread and pasta. Fruit can be tricky berries are you best bet as bananas, watermelon and some others are high in sugar and carbs but you can still eat them I usually only have 1/2 a small banana and limit how much watermelon I eat. You really need to find what works for you so that you can do it as a lifestyle versus a one time diet. I don't deprive myself I still eat sweets just not as much if we order dessert in a restaurant I will take half of it home and I cut portions of most things I used to eat if they are high in carbs.
Thank you so much, Bernice. Those are some great suggestions!