Oscraps

I want to see pictures.................

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Of your Christmas tree and/or your decorations!

I didn't put our tree up this year because my husband has been ill for a couple of months. I did do some light decorating though. I threw together a little little collage of my attempt at decorating. You don't have to do a collage, just show me some pictures.

We have a mantle, but not very much room between the top of it and the bottom of the wall mounted TV. I also have a fake palm tree that I strung some twinkle lights around the trunks. I like it so much I think I'll leave it that way. I added some of Palvinka Designs to my collage. :xmas6:

my-Christmas-decor.jpg

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Of your Christmas tree and/or your decorations!

I didn't put our tree up this year because my husband has been ill for a couple of months. I did do some light decorating though. I threw together a little little collage of my attempt at decorating. You don't have to do a collage, just show me some pictures.

We have a mantle, but not very much room between the top of it and the bottom of the wall mounted TV. I also have a fake palm tree that I strung some twinkle lights around the trunks. I like it so much I think I'll leave it that way. I added some of Palvinka Designs to my collage. :xmas6:

View attachment 409288
LOVE the palm tree, Cheryl! Yes! Definitely, I think you should indeed keep it lit all year!

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
Yesterday I finally decided to put up our Christmas tree, which quickly made several friends. It had to be more protected between the wall and the couch so it wouldn't fall easily.:giggle4:

View attachment 409303 View attachment 409304
Oh, that's so pretty, Ana! Cats are fascinated with Christmas trees. We had a cat once that climbed right up the middle of the tree and his weight knocked the whole thing over. Thanks for sharing these cute pictures.

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
I was not feeling up to decorating for Christmas - so no tree and other things I usually put out. But I did decide to hang one of my Christmas wreath on the inside of the front door. I smile when I walk into the living room/dining room and see it hanging there.

IMG_2514 sample.jpg

AZK

Queen of the Universe
CHEERY O
I was not feeling up to decorating for Christmas - so no tree and other things I usually put out. But I did decide to hang one of my Christmas wreath on the inside of the front door. I smile when I walk into the living room/dining room and see it hanging there.

View attachment 409316
I hang my wreath on the inside of my front door as well! My door doesn't face the street, so no one would see it if I put it on the outside!

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
I hang my wreath on the inside of my front door as well! My door doesn't face the street, so no one would see it if I put it on the outside!
My front door is visible from the street but my house gets sun on the front door in the winter time. It gets so hot between the wood front door and the glass/screen door that I had some of the decorations on the wreath melt!!! That happened the 1st year after we added the glass/screen door. I made new ones with only ribbons and glass ornaments after that. But they are buried in the stack of Christmas decoration boxes - so wasn't up to digging them out. This wreath usually is hanging on the door to the Master Bedroom so it was easy to move it to the front door.

Reactions: AZK

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O

View attachment 409316
That's a great idea, Kay! I have a big glass window on my door, so I can see my wreath, but I'll have to remember this if I don't someday. Beautiful wreath!

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
just put up our little tree today and the lights are broken .
I hate when that happens. Then you have a "pre-lit tree" with all the strands of lights you have to add. That happened to us a few years ago and we bought a new tree. :xmas5:

Su_Sanne

Huhuu its meeeee Cheryl. :hug4:

We have fir trees and arborvitae in the garden. I feel sorry for every tree that is cut down. There are no grandchildren coming for Christmas either. It's just not worth it. And I think the mood in the world has changed a little bit. There is much less decoration in our village than in previous years. It gets less as you get older. But we have a lot of these new battery-operated candles that provide incredibly beautiful light. This is what it looks like for us.

20231223_201409.jpg 20231223_201530.jpg

20231223_201424.jpg

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
Huhuu its meeeee Cheryl. :hug4:

We have fir trees and arborvitae in the garden. I feel sorry for every tree that is cut down. There are no grandchildren coming for Christmas either. It's just not worth it. And I think the mood in the world has changed a little bit. There is much less decoration in our village than in previous years. It gets less as you get older. But we have a lot of these new battery-operated candles that provide incredibly beautiful light. This is what it looks like for us.

View attachment 409623 View attachment 409624

View attachment 409628
Your home looks wonderful, Susanne. I love the wonderful ambiance you've created. We have NO tree either, but lots of twinkle lights. Thanks for sharing these beautiful pictures. :xmas4::xmas3: