Oscraps

How will you spoil/be spoilt this weekend!

helenh

Mothers Day has just dawned in Australia.

What other countries celebrate it this weekend?

My children were soooooo excited they had to give me their school purchased stall items last evening!

The day itself is overcast, cool and rain coming. Off to football for Hugh by 9am and then after some school work, maybe a bath and good book.

My request today was for crumbed chicken....quite the rarity in my coeliac world! TGoodness my DH loves to cook!

What will you be up to this weekend?

Bush Girl

Mothering Sunday came and went some weeks ago for us in the UK. Ginny rather sweetly made me tea and cereal - only 2 hrs before I woke up to eat it. To say it was a little soggy is an understatement!

val

:peace:selena!!!
And I guess you had to eat it AND enjoy it!
lol

I got flowers for the icelandic mother day,, and I will get something else on the french mother day ...lol
M. bought the flower " look mum, this is for you, graet mummy day"
5 sec later, "but Dad told me that you would lend them to me as well, this is right, hu?"

:p:cool:

helenh

Sara ... I am sure she is smiling down on you ... her daughter and another amazing mother.

Ah yes S ... I remember that tale. No brekky here ... too busy getting off to footy. But DH did bring me a cuppa in bed.

Val ... LOL! ... always wanting us to 'share', 'can I have some too' LOL!

yvonnahenna

Imke made a mirror at school. With lots of glitters and lots of colors lol
She said a little something-something:
Mommy here, mommy there,
you are always there for me,
thats why I say very happy today,
the most lovable that are you!! (oke, in dutch it was in rime lol )

I got a necklase with colorfull little pieces of drink straws.
We ate crackers with 'K3 hagelslag', and chocolatemilk!

helenh

weiner snitzel S ... it's a fiddly thing to make and we have to buy rice crumbs ... but Den did a stirling job ... YUM OH .. thumbs up all round ... even Katie woofed it down and she eats like a bird.

So snitzel, carrot julienne, green beans and mash! HAHAHA!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Happy Mother's Day to all of you. It is still very early here in NJ, and I am the only one up.

We had all of our family up here yesterday. We had Gary's B-day and M-Day celebrations together.

I did get my gifts yesterday- I beautiful plant from MIL, tulips from SIL. My mom got me a Cafe Frappe machine- its a coffee machine that makes iced coffee drinks- that is going to get lots of use this summer. I love iced coffee. Cait and her friend had fun trying it out yesterday. Her BFF's grandpa passed away yesterday, 2 years exactly after her g-ma passed. She loves being here with Cait so I was more than happy to have her with us.

Scott got me a "Smelly Room Kit." Its a Yankee Candle air freshner and the funniest part is that with he pet ratties- his room is the one that smells LOL

Cait made me a DVD of pics of the two of us and the captions say sweet things, like we smile a lot and fight a lot, but I am her best friend too.

As for me for today, I just about killed my body this past week, so I am totally vegging out today!

hondachicc

(((HUGS))) Sara :hug: :kiss:

Today we will all be going to my Mom's house....Flowers for my Mom :)

No gifts this year for me (at least I don't think so) as I know both of my girls have had a rough $$$ year and I demand that they not spend any money on me!! That the best gift I can get is a peaceful restful afternoon TOGETHER...and maybe THEY can clean up the dishes when we finish eating!! :mrgreen:

I do miss the days of macaroni necklaces and such from the little kids...I noticed that Jesse and Cameran both had something hand made from school for their Mom's in their bookbags on Friday :)

To all of the Moms............HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!

MD8.gif

petey111

I got coffee and a BK Breakfast sandwich delivered to me at home. (Hubby ran out and got it.) That was a good start. :)

I hope everyone has a fantastic day!

SueCummings

Defined + Designed
Designer
You guys deserved a fantastic mothers day! I loved reading how you all celebrated!
I kept my super simple and took my mom to lunch and a little shopping. I had visited both my kids previous weeks ( in NYC and Boston)... I feel like one lucky gal to have everyone I love still a part of my life!