Oscraps

How do you escape?

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
My husband just walked into my office and I'm sitting here with my airpods on - jamming to my playlist. There's a lot of "noise" going on outside so I plug into my OWN "noise". LOL He knows I'm serious when I put BOTH of them in my ears.

What's your way to "cancel everything you don't want to hear"?

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
Audiobooks and podcasts are the big ones for me.
I love that DH knows when you are "serious" with both earbuds. haha!!
Yeah, I usually only wear one. When I have both in, he's like "Uh oh - I'd better leave her alone" hahaha

Audio books work sometimes - I'd have to put both airpods in for that too.

tanteva

all i need is Oscraps, cOffee, chOcOlate & tOfu
I usually have so much alone time, this seldom is a problem for me. But if I have to, ear buds in & either music or a pod cast.

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Yeah, I usually only wear one. When I have both in, he's like "Uh oh - I'd better leave her alone" hahaha

Audio books work sometimes - I'd have to put both airpods in for that too.
I don't know if my audiobook choices are all that much of an escape, now that I think about it. The last two that I borrowed were Red Dragon and Silence of the Lambs. Hannibal Lector is probably not the best choice for relaxing. LOL

scribler

The O is my hOme.
CHEERY O
I don't think I really try to block out everything. It's just not me. Heck I prefer bone conducting headphones so I don't miss sounds around me. I just wanted to comment because this post is proof I may listen to tech podcasts too much. I read "escape" as "e-scape". lol

@faerywings I have a new audible book recommendation for you. I'm listening to "Project Hail Mary" by Andy Weir and it is really good.

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
I usually have so much alone time, this seldom is a problem for me. But if I have to, ear buds in & either music or a pod cast.
I love alone time! The noise I was trying to block out was engine noise. The kids have those "side by sides" (4 wheelers, whatever they're called) that they drive around on the rough terrain of our property. They're a great idea and a great way to get around. However, they're noisy - imagine a revving engine repeating constantly. Some of my son in law's grandkids were here and they let them take those things out and they just drone and drone and drone and it drives me nuts. I always dread they're coming because I know that I'm going to have to listen to that. One night - they were out "hot rodding" them at midnight! I lost my cool that night and made a phone call. I said "enough's enough. It's midnight!"

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
I don't know if my audiobook choices are all that much of an escape, now that I think about it. The last two that I borrowed were Red Dragon and Silence of the Lambs. Hannibal Lector is probably not the best choice for relaxing. LOL
Oh, Chris, neither one of them sound like a good "escape". ROTF

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
I don't think I really try to block out everything. It's just not me. Heck I prefer bone conducting headphones so I don't miss sounds around me. I just wanted to comment because this post is proof I may listen to tech podcasts too much. I read "escape" as "e-scape". lol

@faerywings I have a new audible book recommendation for you. I'm listening to "Project Hail Mary" by Andy Weir and it is really good.
Read my response to Eva. This "noise" you "might" want to block out. it's torture - hour after hour.

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
@scribler Here's my response to Eva. Haha

tanteva said:
I love alone time! The noise I was trying to block out was engine noise. The kids have those "side by sides" (4 wheelers, whatever they're called) that they drive around on the rough terrain of our property. They're a great idea and a great way to get around. However, they're noisy - imagine a revving engine repeating constantly. Some of my son in law's grandkids were here and they let them take those things out and they just drone and drone and drone and it drives me nuts. I always dread they're coming because I know that I'm going to have to listen to that. One night - they were out "hot rodding" them at midnight! I lost my cool that night and made a phone call. I said "enough's enough. It's midnight!"

Danesa

Danesa
Silence is a no-no for me now. I have extreme tinnitus and if its quiet the noise in my ears is so loud it almost drives me to the brink. So, I have either music, audiobooks or the tv on 24/7. This has been going on for almost a year. I did find an herb that is beginning to help, I believe....hoping! :) If I put earbuds in, all I can hear is LOUD buzzing so I'm living life at full blast at the moment. hahaha

tanteva

Silence is a no-no for me now. I have extreme tinnitus and if its quiet the noise in my ears is so loud it almost drives me to the brink. So, I have either music, audiobooks or the tv on 24/7. This has been going on for almost a year. I did find an herb that is beginning to help, I believe....hoping! :) If I put earbuds in, all I can hear is LOUD buzzing so I'm living life at full blast at the moment. hahaha

Oh, I've never thought of it like that. So that's why hubby plays music all the time.

And are you talking about a herb that helps with tinnitus? Please LMK which, hubby might give it a try.

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
I have it too, Danesa. I even have white noise going at night - can't sleep without it.

Danesa

Danesa
I have it too, Danesa. I even have white noise going at night - can't sleep without it.
@tanteva @Cherylndesigns @taxed4ever
Hey ladies. One of my docs, recommended Sonavel (Hearing Support Formula) It is the only thing that has given me any relief. I got the 3 month supply. I just finished my first month. I actually was in the shower and when I turned off the water it was silent...I almost cried...it was the first time in months and months that I had silence. It's happened a few times since then. The video presentation says it will take about 3 months for it to have a a significant effect on the brain (where they say is the problem, not the ear). Very interesting. So I have hope...last night, I enjoyed about 45 minutes of no music or tv on. I'm pretty sure you'd agree that night, when things are quiet, are the worst. :) Let me know if you watch the video and what you think. I'll try to keep you informed on how I'm progressing (or not) during these next 2 months. Good luck to you each. (There have been several local people who have committed suicide because of the unending tinnitus noise...so sad.)

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
@tanteva @Cherylndesigns @taxed4ever
Hey ladies. One of my docs, recommended Sonavel (Hearing Support Formula) It is the only thing that has given me any relief. I got the 3 month supply. I just finished my first month. I actually was in the shower and when I turned off the water it was silent...I almost cried...it was the first time in months and months that I had silence. It's happened a few times since then. The video presentation says it will take about 3 months for it to have a a significant effect on the brain (where they say is the problem, not the ear). Very interesting. So I have hope...last night, I enjoyed about 45 minutes of no music or tv on. I'm pretty sure you'd agree that night, when things are quiet, are the worst. :) Let me know if you watch the video and what you think. I'll try to keep you informed on how I'm progressing (or not) during these next 2 months. Good luck to you each. (There have been several local people who have committed suicide because of the unending tinnitus noise...so sad.)
I'd love to watch the video! I've had it for so many years that I know nothing else. Yes, at night has always been the worst. I can't have NO noise - it must have been something to not hear that!

taxed4ever

Administrator Crazy about the "O"
CHEERY O
I will check this out for sure, thanks Danesa!! How great to finally here some silence!!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Please let us know how it works over time. Gary has terrible tinnitus and would love some relief but it is not in the budget ATM. But if it works and is long-lasting, it might be something we can figure out how to afford. I am thrilled that it is helping you!

tanteva

Hubby looked into it, and it's not available in Sweden. He is going to try and do some more research during the weekend.

Danesa

Danesa
@faerywings I can certainly understand the budget issue. I was lucky, in that I had gotten money for a cutting machine so I dipped into that fund. I can always "fussy cut" things out, but silence is golden! :)
@tanteva I hope your hubby can find something that helps.
My buzzing is not gone but improved. There continues to be a few moments of silence but my brain must be slow to reprogram because it's not totally retrained yet. :( I still have 1.5 months left (of the 3 months) so there's still hope!

mywisecrafts

CHEERY O
I have this phenomenal ability to just tune everyone out. Kids. Husband. TV. I like music for noise but half the time I don't even know what I'm listening to.

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
I can tune everything out too, but the tinnitus is still there. I just WISH I could tune that out. I swear, mine if getting louder. UGH

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
I have this phenomenal ability to just tune everyone out. Kids. Husband. TV. I like music for noise but half the time I don't even know what I'm listening to.
Oh, my dad was the master at this! There were 4 of us kids and we always lived in small houses, growing up and Dad just went inside his head. Haha Later on, he became hard of hearing, but he could "tune us out" way before that. You're lucky you can do this.

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
me too - have been using it for as long as i can remember. if i go anywhere i have to take my sleep machine with me.

and when i take a nap i use the sleep machine with the radio on.
OH, my sleep machine goes everywhere with me, too. I have to tell you all that mine died. I ordered a new one and don't like it. I might have already told you this, but there's an app with white noise that I love. Actually, there are several different "white noises" and this is interesting. The different colors represent different tonal sounds. The one I love is "Brown Noise" - it's deeper and very soothing to my ears - probably because of my tinnitus. There are several apps for "noise" but here's the one I finally decided on. I put it on my iPad Mini and lay it on the pillow next to me and it's perfect!

2021-09-26.jpg

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
me too - have been using it for as long as i can remember. if i go anywhere i have to take my sleep machine with me.

and when i take a nap i use the sleep machine with the radio on.
The radio is a good idea, too. Just background noise is good, but not too loud, it has to be the perfect tone.