Oscraps

How About Family Reunions?

Susan - s3js

CHEERY O
Do you make or take scrapbooks to family reunions? Have you ever hosted one? My Mom's family has a reunion every year about an hour from here, but I'm hesitant to go because she was my stepmother and not in contact for decades. I would like to host one for my Wood and Winter families for the branches still on the East Coast. Thoughts?

AK_Tracy

I haven't dont a reunion but we have done large family gatherings. Every Thanksgiving my local family comes over to my house, usually 10-15 people depending on who's around. Growing up we use to do that at my parents house and it would be about 25-30 people. Its fun. This past summer we all gathered at my Aunts in Seattle and there was probably 20 of us. Cousins I hadn't seen in years.

If your moms family does one an hour from you, I say go if you feel like it. Its not that far if you decide it was a bad choice and leave. If you want to do one with the other side of the family, go for it. It would be fun.

Susan - s3js

CHEERY O
I haven't dont a reunion but we have done large family gatherings. Every Thanksgiving my local family comes over to my house, usually 10-15 people depending on who's around. Growing up we use to do that at my parents house and it would be about 25-30 people. Its fun. This past summer we all gathered at my Aunts in Seattle and there was probably 20 of us. Cousins I hadn't seen in years.

If your moms family does one an hour from you, I say go if you feel like it. Its not that far if you decide it was a bad choice and leave. If you want to do one with the other side of the family, go for it. It would be fun.
Yeah, I've been thinking I might do that. Maybe the 2 women who contacted me about her father would be there. I would at least have a contact or two. Just gotta get past this painfully shy person that resides in my body!

My Momma (birth mother) lived in Seattle for years. I visited her there right before I went into the Army. She still lives in Washington state but more south central now.