Oscraps

Hello from Romania!

Roxana

I've been a digital scrapper for a while now, about 16 years, with a few interruptions. I started after I gave birth to my son, trying to put digital photos in a more interesting format, like a digital photo album, but instead, I discovered scrapbooking that amazed me and became my passion.
My son has been the main muse for many years, but since he's a "rebellious teenager" who doesn't let me to take pictures of him any more, I've had to reorient myself and find other subjects, including myself, which I hated in the past, but now I really like it. I have a full-time job, I am a travel agent, a complicated job during this period with Covid and more recently, the war near us. I traveled quite a lot in the interest of work, but also vacations, and this also offered me a scrapbook topic.
Interestingly, I live in a country where this occupation is not known. I don't know anyone to do this and when I tell my acquaintances about my passion, they understand quite hard what scrapbooking is, and the most common question is if I make some money from it :p.
Really, I dream of becoming a designer, but it's hard because of the little free time I have. Maybe, who knows, in the near future ...
I look forward to meeting you and integrating into the community. I'm sure it will be fun and very interesting!

tanteva

all i need is Oscraps, cOffee, chOcOlate & tOfu
Hello Roxana and welcome to the O. I can totally relate to what you say about how no one know what digital scrapbooking is. I always have to explain what I do ... and just meat blank faces.

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Hi @Roxana ! My kids are both adults (still living at home) but I understand the rebellious teenager/lack of photos part. That is what most of my LOs are of our pets :D I am impressed that you scrap about yourself, that is something that I struggle with a lot
Glad that you are here!

AZK

Queen of the Universe
CHEERY O
Welcome, Roxana! I'm at a point in my life also where I don't have many people to scrap anymore, so I'm trying to explore the more creative aspects of digital scrapping, versus the "who what when where" sort of thing.

tjscraps

Welcome!!! I can relate - my friends think digital scrapbooking is what you do when you load your pictures into the pre-designed Shutterfly albums and what I do is 'totally the same' ... I just say NO! lol Welcome to the O!!!

Madi

Diane
CHEERY O
Hi, welcome to Oscraps!
I haven't scrapped my kids for ages, but still find lots of other things to scrap!

Nickel

Feeling Owsome at the O!
CHEERY O
Welcome to the o! I don't have kids but myANIMAL companions gives lots of inspiration..

timounette

CHEERY O
Hi Roxana, nice to meet you and welcome in the O family.
I also have two big children (20 and 17), and the pictures of them are now rare.
So I scrap nature photos and animals.

This new war near your country are so scary....

veer

I love the "O"
CHEERY O
Welcome Roxana !
Recognizable of the fact that at a certain point my son no longer wanted me to take pictures of him. My daughter has also been a travel agent.
I hope your dream of becoming a designer comes true one day.

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O
Hello Roxana and welcome to the O! All my kids are grown up and all of their childhood photos are non-digital so I still need to scan them all......... they are all in their 40's so you can see that I have been putting that off for awhile!! lol! But when I started digi scrapping back in 2009 I had some grandkids and lots of digital photos so they were my main subjects. Now they are all mostly grown up too so most of my scrapping these days is about my garden, and nearby places of interest where I live Tasmania, in a small suburb called..... Romaine. :) I also use stock photos for when I want to do some artsy digital art pages. :) I look forward to seeing your fabulous layouts here at the O!

RJMJ

Hello There Roxana!..

[.I know you!.]...fellow digi-scrapper!...Welcome! to the O!!!...I'm a recent Cheery-O here myself!...Only for a few months!...I love! it here so much!...Everyone here is so kind & generous!...Hope you love it as much as I do!...You are a brilliant! scrapper!...Look around & check out a challenge when you are ready!...I'm from Canada,New Brunswick...but i think you may already know that...I've been around digi-scrapping for so many years...Over 10 for sure...I started out paper scrapping but quickly found out that I wasn't very good at that & The mess! was over-rated!...& always running out of alpha letters! was a constant burn on my pocket book!...Too much mess to clean,to many alpha sheets to buy...I found digital,scrapbooking by accident actually one christmas...I was like? what?...this is a thing?...I was Like OMG!...There's a whole community of others doing this too???...I Gave up paper scrapping & never looked back!...My style has changed a lot over the years but always interesting & unique...I like doing most styles but gravitate towards art journaling/mixed media...That's my favorite!...I guess I couldn't totally leave the messy part behind!...Looking forward to seeing your beautiful! layouts in the gallery!...Again...Welcome!!!.. :) :) :)...

Susan - s3js

CHEERY O
Welcome, Roxana! I seem to remember a digi-scrapper/designer that lives in Romania. I'll have to go look for you. So glad you have come to the O. I just love everyone here and hope you will, too. When I was stationed at the US Embassy in London I dated one of the Marine Security Guards who hd just arrived from Romania. He had the most amazing photos and stories. Romania is on my bucket list and also in my stamp collection, but it's been in storage for years. Must find it, I think. Anyway, can't wait for your gallery to fill to bursting!

VickiStegall

Administrator
Designer
CHEERY O
Welcome! I’ve had the same problem with my son growing up too! Lol. Glad you are enjoying your shift in focus!! That’s awesome!

taxed4ever

Administrator Crazy about the "O"
CHEERY O
WelcOme to your new hOme Roxana!! You are going to love it here!! I can't wait to check out your gallery!!

bcgal00

CHEERY O
Hi Roxana! Glad you're here. You're going to find lots of inspiration in the gallery, the shopping is addictive and the challenges are fun! If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Roxana

Thank you all for the warm welcoming, for the beautiful words and encouragement! I am certain I will have a lot of fun here, meet wonderful people and find a lot of inspiration in the gallery! :*

LSlycord

Welcome to the O! I started digital scrapping when my two kids were little. Now they are 18 and 19. I understand the challenge of taking photos of older kids. This morning I was trying to get a photo of my 18 year old as she sat beside me...she looked sleepy still and just so pretty. Instead, when I went to take the picture, she put her hand in front of my phone. LOL

Rachel Jefferies

Designer
Designer
I've been a digital scrapper for a while now, about 16 years, with a few interruptions. I started after I gave birth to my son, trying to put digital photos in a more interesting format, like a digital photo album, but instead, I discovered scrapbooking that amazed me and became my passion.
My son has been the main muse for many years, but since he's a "rebellious teenager" who doesn't let me to take pictures of him any more, I've had to reorient myself and find other subjects, including myself, which I hated in the past, but now I really like it. I have a full-time job, I am a travel agent, a complicated job during this period with Covid and more recently, the war near us. I traveled quite a lot in the interest of work, but also vacations, and this also offered me a scrapbook topic.
Interestingly, I live in a country where this occupation is not known. I don't know anyone to do this and when I tell my acquaintances about my passion, they understand quite hard what scrapbooking is, and the most common question is if I make some money from it :p.
Really, I dream of becoming a designer, but it's hard because of the little free time I have. Maybe, who knows, in the near future ...
I look forward to meeting you and integrating into the community. I'm sure it will be fun and very interesting!
giphy.gif

Kythe

CHEERY O
Welcome, Roxana! Good to see you here. I totally get the no pages about family members. My daughter does not want her face all over the "net" which is fair enough to request. I also agree that many people do not understand what digi-scrapping entails.
I am looking forward to seeing your pages in the gallery.