Oscraps

hello from Canada

Robloz55

Hi. My name is Robynne. Currently living in Canada but I was born and raised in New Zealand. I discovered Digital Scrapping in 2019 and am now hooked. Sadly I am not a designer, but I love Lynne Grieveson and Rachel Jeffries Designs and followed a link to find Oscraps. I had never heard of Oscraps before today. So here I am.

veer

I love the "O"
CHEERY O
Hi Robynne welcome here and i hope to see your designs very soon at the gallery !

Robloz55

Thank you all for the warm welcome.

I have been married for almost 22 years and we have one 20 year old son. Sadly all 3 of us have chronic medical issues.

As for starting layouts. I have a number of Lynne Grieveson and Rachel Jeffries Bundles purchased from another shop. I am guessing that if those same bundles and kits are not in the Oscraps shop, then I cannot use them here. Would that be correct?

Because if it is, then I cannot make any LO's for now until I can buy new bundles and kits from OScraps. That's OK. I can wait. It's nearly the end of the month anyway, so payday will be soon.

bcgal00

CHEERY O
Welcome to Oscraps! When sharing LOs in the gallery you have to use at least 50% Oscraps products. To get you started, you can check the FREEBIES section to use until you build up your stash. You can find the store category HERE

pachimac

I solemnly swear I am up to no good!
CHEERY O
Welcome!!!!! Make sure to check the freebies section in the store to get started on your yummy goodies!!! I'm a Rachel/Lynn lover myself!!! Check what kits you have because they have brought some to the store here - you might be able to use those too until you get going on your stash!

Robloz55

Welcome!!!!! Make sure to check the freebies section in the store to get started on your yummy goodies!!! I'm a Rachel/Lynn lover myself!!! Check what kits you have because they have brought some to the store here - you might be able to use those too until you get going on your stash!

I did just check the shops for Lynne and Rachel. I found one paint kit from Lynne that I already do have - and that's all.

There do seem to be some elements from other kits that I recognize, but Lynne may have reused them in different kits with new names. so I guess I will have to purchase the new kits. That's OK.

One good thing is that now I can reuse all my photos since they are personal & family photos!! If any of you are also at the "other site" where I am, you might recognize them, but that's OK. New kits means different layouts, right? :cool:

Heading over to the freebies section to see what I can find. :D

Cheers

Robloz55

TO is OK, but I would love to visit Dinosaur Country in Alberta. :D Someday...

Ok My first LO is up!! Pretty simple and Basic, but it does use a Freebie Mini Kit.

Attachments

• Santa_Aged_5_small.jpg
    Santa_Aged_5_small.jpg
    208.1 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O
Hi Robynne and a big welcome to Oscraps. One of my grandsons is currently on a working holiday in Canada, in the Emerald Lake area, having the time of his life!!! He is making me super jealous with the photos he has been sending me! lol!!! :)

I am thinking you are talking about TLP as the other site ? :) It doesn't matter if you post a page over there and upload here as well, as long as it follows the gallery guidelines you are fine. :) And as the girls have already mentioned above, check out the freebies section in the store. The 52 Inspirations subscription is also a fabulous way of building up your stash quickly. It's a year long subscription to receiving one new product each week from a different designer here at the O so you get to try out different designs as well. There is more info HERE about it. :) As soon as you sign up you have access to all of the products for 2022 to date, so heaps of stuff https://www.oscraps.com/shop/52-Inspirations-2022/

Once again a big welcome and love that photo of your son in your first layout here at Oscraps. :)

RJMJ

CHEERY O
Hi. My name is Robynne. Currently living in Canada but I was born and raised in New Zealand. I discovered Digital Scrapping in 2019 and am now hooked. Sadly I am not a designer, but I love Lynne Grieveson and Rachel Jeffries Designs and followed a link to find Oscraps. I had never heard of Oscraps before today. So here I am.
@Robloz55 First of All WELCOME!!!!!!!!!!!!! to the O!!!... :)...I'm also a fellow-Canadian-living-lady!!! with a name that starts with "R"...My Name is Rhonda!!!...LOL!...but I was born in Canada...I live in New Brunswick/Canada!!! all my life!!!...I'm sorry to hear about the chronic medical issues you all have...I do understand...I do too live with chronic pain & have complex medical issues too!!!...Hearts & Hugs...♥♥♥...The O is just a Wonderful! place to be!!!...Hope you join our challenges!!! & have some fun!!!...See you & your layouts around the O!!!......

Last edited:

Robloz55

Hi Robynne and a big welcome to Oscraps. !! :)

I am thinking you are talking about TLP as the other site ? :)

Once again a big welcome and love that photo of your son in your first layout here at Oscraps. :)

@wombat

Thank you for the welcome. Glad you liked my LO. Hate to be rude, but I hafta ask. Are you australian? Cause that is where Wombats come from... :D

The other shop I mentioned is the TLP yes. Thats where I have previously purchased Lynne and Rachel's Bundles.
But it is not the other site where my LOs are posted. I have only seen one person mention it in the forums so far.

I am so glad you all like my LO. and yes my son was cute when he was 5.
But just so you are aware, he is now 20 years old. :( Time goes by so fast.

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O
@wombat

Thank you for the welcome. Glad you liked my LO. Hate to be rude, but I hafta ask. Are you australian? Cause that is where Wombats come from... :D

The other shop I mentioned is the TLP yes. Thats where I have previously purchased Lynne and Rachel's Bundles.
But it is not the other site where my LOs are posted. I have only seen one person mention it in the forums so far.

I am so glad you all like my LO. and yes my son was cute when he was 5.
But just so you are aware, he is now 20 years old. :( Time goes by so fast.
Yep, I am an Aussie, and live down in Tasmania........... Under Downunder! lol!! :) The name came from the road we used to live on when we lived in northern New South Wales ........... noone knew how the road was named Wombat Creek Rd as no wombats have ever been seen up there and it is far too hot for them. There are heaps of them down here in the cooler climate. :)

Time certainly does move on pretty quickly! My eldest grandson turned 25 last May! **gah!!** All of the grandkids are now in their teens but I still scrap their photos from when they were little. :)

You can mention other sites here if you like, we are not that strict. :) If you need a hand with anything there are quite a few guides if you would like to look at them HERE and if you have specific questions about doing something you can always start a new thread in that area to ask, someone is always around. :)

Robloz55

Yep, I am an Aussie, and live down in Tasmania........... Under Downunder! lol!! :) The name came from the road we used to live on when we lived in northern New South Wales ........... noone knew how the road was named Wombat Creek Rd as no wombats have ever been seen up there and it is far too hot for them. There are heaps of them down here in the cooler climate. :)

Time certainly does move on pretty quickly! My eldest grandson turned 25 last May! **gah!!** All of the grandkids are now in their teens but I still scrap their photos from when they were little. :)

You can mention other sites here if you like, we are not that strict. :) If you need a hand with anything there are quite a few guides if you would like to look at them HERE and if you have specific questions about doing something you can always start a new thread in that area to ask, someone is always around. :)

Thank you.

Never been to Tassie. Never been to Sydney either. In fact the only part of Australia I have been to is Brisbane - and that was a very long time ago.

I'm probably going to need a hand to learn how to use Photoshop. I do have both PS 2020 and PSE 2020 but never learnt how to use them. And I really really want to learn how to use the clipping masks because my current software does not have that ability.

But I will go for a deep dive in the forums first and see if I can find a tutorial or a question on that, before I start asking.

Ciao.

Betty Jo

♥ Lovin' the O ♥
Hi Robynne and a BIG WELCOME to the O! It's great having you join us. We have a lot of creative fun around here. ♥

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Welcome @Robloz55
So wonderful to meet you Robynne. My family also has chronic medical issues (Late Stage/Chronic Lyme) so if you ever need to vent about trying to care for a sick family while also being sick- feel free to pm me.
My "kids" are 26 and 24, both still live at home which makes me happy.

Like everyone said, the Freebie section is a great place to start and several of the designers host challenges with freebies
Use-it-All-Challenge with Karen Schulz

AZK

Queen of the Universe
CHEERY O
Welcome, Robynne! I look forward to getting to know you better. I have relatives in Windsor and Mississauga but haven't been there in many years. My girls are in their 30's with no grandkids on the horizon so I scrap a lot of older photos or photos from other family members. Oscraps has a really diverse range of styles to choose from and my very first layout here was made with a freebie for a challenge!