Oscraps

Have you met any of your scrapbooking friends in real life?

LSlycord

I am sitting here thinking about how much my friends at the O mean to me. And, it made me think that I need to meet some people in real life. I did once...I met a woman from here. Her name was Cynthia and she lived in Mexico and we met when my family went to Cozumel for a vacation. Now that the kids are both in college, I'm thinking about more adventures and opportunities to see my friends in real life.

Tell me, have you met any of your scrapbooking friends?

scribler

The O is my hOme.
CHEERY O
Three times. Two from a paper scrapbooking forum. One of them lived just about 30 minutes from me, so we used to get together and scrap. One former digi designer when she visited Orlando about a dozen years ago.

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
I have!!! I got to meet Vicki (she is sooo fun!), Sally (cellomom) and Cynthia when we went to Cozumel in 2008. I met up with Sally a year or so later when she was not too far from here.

I would ****LOVE*** to meet you all, it is one of the things that if I won a million dollars -- that is one thing I would do-- have an Ossraps meet up

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Three times. Two from a paper scrapbooking forum. One of them lived just about 30 minutes from me, so we used to get together and scrap. One former digi designer when she visited Orlando about a dozen years ago.
have to tell you I love the new avi and haircut!!

AnaSantos

The O is Awesome
CHEERY O
Unfortunately I never meat anyone form the digi world in the real life and I do not know any other girls in Portugal that likes digital scrapbooking. However, I personally know some scrapers from the paper world as we used to get together once a month to do a project.

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Just twice. Once when we lived in Michigan and the second time when we lived in Florida. It's a lot of fun to meet up IRL.

AZK

Queen of the Universe
CHEERY O
I haven't, but there's really no excuse. I know of a couple of scrappers who live not too far from me. I just haven't tried to reach out in person. Doesn't stop me from calling them "my scrapbooking friends", though!

pachimac

I solemnly swear I am up to no good!
CHEERY O
Many years ago I met 4-5 scrappers IRL. I can only remember one of their names though: Thena. It was way back in Two Peas in a Pod Days. I also know Shabby Miss Jenn and have hung out with her a few times!

pachimac

I solemnly swear I am up to no good!
CHEERY O
That explains your weirdness. LOL Now you have to drown your pasta in ketchup to prove it.

Eww...can't do it. However, I can eat Swedish meatballs like they're going out of style with the lingonberry sauce!

We also did this Swedish prayer before dinner at my Grampa's house:
I Jesus namn till bords vi gå, välsigna Gud den mat vi få. Gud till ära, oss til gagn, så få vi mat i Jesu namn.

And I have the recipe for my Gramma"s Swedish Rye bread, but I made a brick the last time I tried!

DesignsByCRK

Not from this forum, but I've met MotherBear (Julie) - she is on a lot of CT's so some of you might know her. We both lived in QLD and we also met up with AmandaC who I believe hangs out at TLP now - all 3 of us were at Pickleberrypop at the time.

taxed4ever

Administrator Crazy about the "O"
CHEERY O
I have met two lovely ladies from here Heather, @Heather Prins we met in Coombs B.C. and Clara Riggle former admin at Oscraps we met in Victoria. I was supposed to have a meet up with @bcgal00 when she was living in Port Coquitlam but then Covid happened and so did a lot of other things and it never came to be :(. I love the idea of meeting up with all of you wonderful people! Here is Clara, her daughter Addie and I in Victoria 2017.
Clara Addie and I.jpg

Last edited:

margje

The O is awesOme
Oh yes! Mostly Dutch Designers! I had a group of scrapbookers and designers visiting me at my house too! That really is awesome! So much to talk about with people sharing the same passion!

Nickel

Feeling Owsome at the O!
CHEERY O
I met Diana, Maya, Ellen, Jopke(Jolanda) and Marianne back in 2014 in a meet up from another (Dutch) forum..It was wonderful to meet them

Heather Prins

aA Creative Team Member
I have met two lovely ladies from here Heather, @Heather Prins we met in Coombs B.C. and Clara Riggle former admin at Oscraps we met in Victoria. I was supposed to have a meet up with @bcgal00 when she was living in Port Coquitlam but then Covid happened and so did a lot of other things and it never came to be :(. I love the idea of meeting up with all of you wonderful people! Here is Clara, her daughter Addie and I in Victoria 2017.
View attachment 377882
I hope we can do it again real soon!!!

veer

I love the "O"
CHEERY O
I met Marianne and Jopke in the Netherlands already a few years ago, and there were a lot of scrapgirls, i remember Sabrina from Sabrina creations, i can't remember the other girls names.