Oscraps

Have you ever sold your creations?

AZK

Queen of the Universe
CHEERY O
I think we're all familiar with the S4O and S4H terms in a designer's terms of use. I never really pay attention to them since I don't resell any of my projects, but I did wonder if anyone here has done so before, and where.

Jeannette

CHEERY O
No, not me. I did consider it once, but never got to that far. Now I have a fultime job, and no time to create to sell.

Reactions: AZK

pachimac

I solemnly swear I am up to no good!
CHEERY O
No, I never have. I did sell a few of my hand crocheted items though. It was nerve-racking and I'll probably never do it again. LOL

Kythe

CHEERY O
I looked into SFH once. The amount you would have to charge per page in order to make it worthwhile is off-putting. Consider the time it takes to make a page, have it printed, and the shipping cost would be well over $10 per page. I don't know too many people that would see that as a viable option. Especially now that most professional photographers now include a type of scrap option the feasibility of making a go of it is low.

One has to be very prolific to see a profit by the time all costs and design time are considered. I admire the designers here that can make a go of their talents. It is a competitive market and not for the faint of heart.

bcgal00

CHEERY O
I've never done SFH, like Kythe said, it is time consuming and not very lucrative financially. I'd rather scrap for me.

*sylvia*

♥→o←♥
CHEERY O
No. It's certainly very time-consuming and I have neither the desire nor the time for that.

AZK

Queen of the Universe
CHEERY O
I looked into SFH once. The amount you would have to charge per page in order to make it worthwhile is off-putting. Consider the time it takes to make a page, have it printed, and the shipping cost would be well over $10 per page. I don't know too many people that would see that as a viable option. Especially now that most professional photographers now include a type of scrap option the feasibility of making a go of it is low.

One has to be very prolific to see a profit by the time all costs and design time are considered. I admire the designers here that can make a go of their talents. It is a competitive market and not for the faint of heart.

That's for sure! I'm such a slow scrapper anyways I'm sure the time investment wouldn't be worth it for me. I wonder if those who do sell their work actually print and mail their products, or just provide a file for the buyer to print out on their own? A quick hop over to Etsy does show a fair number of products that are sold as downloads vs. hard copies.

Jam-on-toast

CHEERY O
I have always thought scrapping for money would be considred CU, while scrapping for friends and family for free - as gifts etc - would be scrap for others... In addition to the substantial financial cost per page, I think the difficulty would be having others share private photos and details (names, dates, info for journaling etc) with me and then discussing how they would love that info presented on a page, which kit/theme/look etc... I'm thinking this is the reason quick-pages exist? So people who don't scrap but would love to have a beautiful album can buy the pngs and insert their photos and be done in a matter of mintues. Otherwise, I don't see the point of quick pages...

ClaireG

CHEERY O
I haven't sold anything digital. But I do sell my cards and some of my smaller sewn items. I found it a lot of work when I lived in London and stopped doing it. I just restarted this year and made it easier for myself by selling limited numbers of the items.