Oscraps

Happy Leap Day!

AZK

Queen of the Universe
CHEERY O
February 29, which only comes around every 4 years! A fun fact is that people born on Feb 29th are called "leapers" or "leaplings".

It's always interesting to hear stories of people who have birthdays or other special events on this day. Unfortunately, I don't personally know anyone who has a significant event on this date. Does anyone have any stories to share?

AnaSantos

The O is Awesome
CHEERY O
Well my mother was born on the 1rst of March on a regular year. In fact, those days, if someone was born on February 29th they were recorded as having been born the following day, 1 rst of March.

marijke

I love the O!
CHEERY O
I have been retired for more than 6 years now... At school it was customary for colleagues' birthdays to be announced on the weekly calendar.... I still remember a few birthdays... someone whose birthday is on the same day as mine. someone whose birthday is on April 1, December 6 (our Sinterklaas day), the first/last day of the school year, the first day of the summer holidays... I also remember the colleague whose birthday is on that day and then the colleague who only has a birthday once every 4 years ... I sent him a message yesterday...

Reactions: AZK

AZK

Queen of the Universe
CHEERY O
Well my mother was born on the 1rst of March on a regular year. In fact, those days, if someone was born on February 29th they were recorded as having been born the following day, 1 rst of March.
I didn't know that was ever done! I wonder how common that is or was.

AZK

Queen of the Universe
CHEERY O
I have been retired for more than 6 years now... At school it was customary for colleagues' birthdays to be announced on the weekly calendar.... I still remember a few birthdays... someone whose birthday is on the same day as mine. someone whose birthday is on April 1, December 6 (our Sinterklaas day), the first/last day of the school year, the first day of the summer holidays... I also remember the colleague whose birthday is on that day and then the colleague who only has a birthday once every 4 years ... I sent him a message yesterday...
That was nice of you to send your colleague the birthday message! I hope he still got an announcement in the non-leap years.

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
I talked to my sister yesterday and her daughter is dating a man who was born on Leap Day and so was his sister. They were getting together for a joint party. How rare that two kids in the same family were born on the 29th.

Reactions: AZK

AZK

Queen of the Universe
CHEERY O
I talked to my sister yesterday and her daughter is dating a man who was born on Leap Day and so was his sister. They were getting together for a joint party. How rare that two kids in the same family were born on the 29th.
Especially if they're not twins! :swinging: And on that day of all days!