Oscraps

Getting to Know You: What is your Dream Vacation?

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
6.jpg
I wish I could go on a vacation, so much that I would go to either the mountains or the beach as long as I didn't have to cook or clean!
But as long as we are talking about a Deam vacation, I already have my bags, bathing suit, and sunscreen ready to go. I love everything about the beach and shore. The traffic on the Parkway getting there... ok, maybe not that. ;) But ocean and sand and water, that is heaven to me. Throw in some yummy tropical drinks and I might never come back.

What do you prefer? Is there a particular place you would go and what would you do there? Skiing, hiking, or boating if you are in the mountains? Sunning, clubbing, or parasailing on the beach?

Last edited:

Caro

CHEERY O
Beaches in Greece

FX7A43a.gif

scrap-genie

You know I'd choose a birding location. For DH it would be the Darien of Panama (which is totally beyond us physically these days) and I used to think Mongolia would be great. Maybe I would pick the Family History Library in Salt Lake City instead? :cool:

tjscraps

I would love to do a tour of Ireland/England/Scotland and France - all parts of my heritage. So many things to see, so little time!

What I actually get to do on holidays - visit family near and far lol We were planning on a Disney trip in fall 2020, we were a week away from paying for it when covid hit, so I'm glad we hadn't paid yet. Hopefully next year? I've never been - DH has gone, but our girls have never been either.

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
My ILs did those two trips, one to Ireland and the other to Scotland. They said it was utterly gorgeous and the people were so friendly. I hope you get to go there one day.

We had a trip planned for Disney in early Dec 2021 but after 9/11, we didn't feel comfortable bringing the kids on a plane. We had wanted to do the whole Christmas party stuff. We were able to push it off until May 2002 and we were still anxious about the plane.
Going back to Disney is on my bucket list. We are a Disney family and used to go every two-three years but when Gary got sick, that all went wayside. My friend's DD just got a job working at the Animal Kingdom Lodge as a Concierge and I am beyond happy/jealous. That is where I want to stay if I ever make it back.

Your kids will love it so I hope you do get to go!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
You know I'd choose a birding location. For DH it would be the Darien of Panama (which is totally beyond us physically these days) and I used to think Mongolia would be great. Maybe I would pick the Family History Library in Salt Lake City instead? :cool:
SLC would be a perfect trip for you!

mywisecrafts

CHEERY O
So the beach is my preference and we usually try to take an annual trip to Hawaii. A dream trip for me would be the Maldives.
I also love the mountain…. Okay so I’m just an overall nature Lover!

bcgal00

CHEERY O
My daughter and I were just talking about this recently. I don't know if my hubs would enjoy it but I really would love to do an African safari. You know me, I'd be taking a billion photos and would be in heaven with all the wildlife :)

mywisecrafts

CHEERY O
My daughter and I were just talking about this recently. I don't know if my hubs would enjoy it but I really would love to do an African safari. You know me, I'd be taking a billion photos and would be in heaven with all the wildlife :)
ooooo, My daughter and I want to do that. The males in our house vetoed it..... I told my daughter it will be a girls trip for us, maybe when she graduates HS.

bcgal00

CHEERY O
ooooo, My daughter and I want to do that. The males in our house vetoed it..... I told my daughter it will be a girls trip for us, maybe when she graduates HS.
I said it would probably be my daughter and I too. I know we want to do a panama canal cruise which will be fun but definitely doesn't compare to a safari.

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
I'm with you, Chris @faerywings ..... as long as I don't have to cook, I'll go to either the mountains or the beach. However, this time of the year I think the colorful mountains would be beautiful! What would I do? Take pictures, of course, at either place! I don't get in the ocean more than knee deep. I love to take pictures at the beach and look for shells!

scribler

The O is my hOme.
CHEERY O
My dream vacation would be a trip to Japan. It would include getting to eat at least one of the Iron Chef restaurants. (Not the American version but the original Japanese show.) So many places to visit. So much food to eat. Plus, it's my understanding that shoe shopping would be awesome for me.

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
I don't have any dream vacation. I detest (well hate) to fly, so anywhere I would want to go would probably involve that. I lived in SWF for so many years, so I never had any desire to go anyplace tropical, I have horrible motion sickness, so no cruises. I would have to say that I'd bring everybody I love to the same place so we could spend time together. I'd fly them all to me. LOL

janedee

Definitely a total dream vacation for me - a chartered sailboat in the Mediterranean with full crew including cook, captain, dive master, island hopping .

tanteva

all i need is Oscraps, cOffee, chOcOlate & tOfu
I love road trips. No matter where we go, I love being in the car, chatting with Urban, stop for a coffee. Then explore a new town. It's the actual trip that's my dream vacation.