Oscraps

Getting to Know You: How do you get scrapbooking news?

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
10-21.gif

I find that email is the easiest way for me to stay on top of digital scrapbook news. If I see something on Social Media, one of two things will happen:​
1. I am intrigued and end up reading all of the info and the comments and then the next entry/post. Next thing I know, two hours have flown by​
2. I know that I don't have hours to lose so I scroll past, promising myself that I will read when I have the time. Then within minutes, I have forgotten about it or cannot remember where I saw it and how to find it again​
Neither of these is all that good so email is the best for me. I know where it is, can use the search function if I don't. I like being signed up fr the designers' newsletters too, they usually have info on new releases, upcoming sales, and often have coupons or freebies!​
How about you?​

marijke

I love the O!
CHEERY O
Totally agree ... email for me ... I think I miss a lot of posts with social media only ...

tanteva

all i need is Oscraps, cOffee, chOcOlate & tOfu
Newsletters or seeing stuff on the shops/forums. Since I don't do social media, there's really no other way for me.

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Definitely through my email. I love getting emails from designers, as well as the scrap sites.

scrap-genie

Like Eva I don't do social media, so it's the forums here and the very few designer newsletters I get in email.

tjscraps

I get newsletters but I have them filtered out of my inbox automatically so don't read them .... I usually use FB or Insta for my scrapping news!

felis

Instagram. If something isn't on Insta it is not happened. Plus non member can get interested too. :cool:

Vicki Robinson

Designer + Brush Queen + Mac Guru
Designer
I get newsletters but I have them filtered out of my inbox automatically so don't read them .... I usually use FB or Insta for my scrapping news!
Out of curiosity, Trina — do you do that purposely … filter them out of you inbox? Just wondering why you continue to subscribe if you don’t read them? Or is it that Gmail does it automatically, so you forget to look for them? Because that’s something you can easily change.

tjscraps

Out of curiosity, Trina — do you do that purposely … filter them out of you inbox? Just wondering why you continue to subscribe if you don’t read them? Or is it that Gmail does it automatically, so you forget to look for them? Because that’s something you can easily change.

I do it purposely - I use my inbox as a 'to do' list, so I find if it's in my inbox I will delete automatically and never look at them. I actually read them more when I put them in a filtered folder, because when I have the time I'll go and look at them (instead of auto-deleting when I see it in my inbox to get it outta there lol).

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
I do it purposely - I use my inbox as a 'to do' list, so I find if it's in my inbox I will delete automatically and never look at them. I actually read them more when I put them in a filtered folder, because when I have the time I'll go and look at them (instead of auto-deleting when I see it in my inbox to get it outta there lol).
That is so smart! I have *tried* to do something similar, but I use the "All Mail" tab in Gmail most of the time which means I still get lost around my Inbox.

tjscraps

That is so smart! I have *tried* to do something similar, but I use the "All Mail" tab in Gmail most of the time which means I still get lost around my Inbox.
I do this at work as well - I get 400-500 emails each day, so I "Do, Delegate or Delay". When I delay I either snooze it or put it in the month folder that it needs to be done in. I don't like having to get in the mind space more than once to answer a question, so if I can answer it, I do. If it needs more work but can be done that day it stays in my inbox, otherwise it gets filed and I do it when the time comes. It's the only way I can stay organized.

scribler

The O is my hOme.
CHEERY O
I subscribe to the newsletters but I find they mostly get lost in my inboxes. I get most of my news from Facebook although I do go back and search for newletters if I know I should have one on a specific day.

zanthia

CHEERY O
email and possibly forums

i have all newsletters going to a secondary email account

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
I do this at work as well - I get 400-500 emails each day, so I "Do, Delegate or Delay". When I delay I either snooze it or put it in the month folder that it needs to be done in. I don't like having to get in the mind space more than once to answer a question, so if I can answer it, I do. If it needs more work but can be done that day it stays in my inbox, otherwise it gets filed and I do it when the time comes. It's the only way I can stay organized.
That is a lot of email to contend with, your system must work well if you still have that job! *G*

taxed4ever

Administrator Crazy about the "O"
CHEERY O
I love getting the Newsletters from Designers! E-mail is the way to go for me also. I go through all my mail first thing in the morning and then come here. It's my morning routine.

Caro

CHEERY O
Emails/Newsletters and facebook but usually I'll just go to the stores I like to shop at and check em out on release day :D

tjscraps

Emails/Newsletters and facebook but usually I'll just go to the stores I like to shop at and check em out on release day :D
This too for me. I am drawn in by the previews more than anything, and many times I’ll see something in the newsletter and dismiss it but love it in the store ‍♀️

Madi

Diane
CHEERY O
newsletters for me!!

I got a note yesterday that my mailbox was almost full,
I never ever delete anything,
so I checked it out and I almost reached my free max of 15GB mail.

I deleted over 30.000 emails, lots of them newsletters, dating back to 2012!!

janedee

Email and newsletters or the actual store website. I rarely bother with following up on social media or instagram - there's just too much info out there. I end up being overwhelmed and scroll through everything.