Oscraps

FORUM BASICS | Using the Attach Files function.

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O
The Attachment tool can be used to upload a file directly from your computer, bypassing the gallery.

Limitations to file type and size apply.
File types: pdf, png, jpg, jpeg, gif
Max. size is: 1000px x 1000px 500kb

To use the Attachment tool:
1. Under your post click the Attach files link:
1613004903227.png

2. Find the file you want to attach on your computer and click the Open button.

1613005521842.png

3. Image will appear in Attaching area:
A. Click the Insert link... B. Select Full Image (or thumbnail). C. Then click Post Reply to finish your post.

1613006839326.png
Note: To delete an attachment at any time, use the Delete/Trash icon on the attachment, in the Attachment area. Deleting it from your post will not delete the attachment, it needs to be done in the Attachment area.

4. Once you click Post Reply the attachment will show up in your post as shown below.
1613007337029.png

Note: To replace your attachment or delete, use the Edit link to edit your post and access the Attach file area.

As always, if you have any questions about this function please ask away. :)

Attachments

• LOVE THIS COLOUR PALETTE.JPG
    LOVE THIS COLOUR PALETTE.JPG
    25.9 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

lacy

aA Creative Team Member
Since you were so quick and helpful yesterday with my problem, I'll ask another. I'd like to know if there's a way to add a link at the bottom of a Gallery post, similar to the Attach Files box you describe here. For instance, after posting a double page spread as two separate Gallery posts, I'd like to place a link on each page (i.e. Dropbox) of the double page jpg. I tried it yesterday, it didn't work. Photobucket, which requires a subscription, was suggested by Anna.

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O
Since you were so quick and helpful yesterday with my problem, I'll ask another. I'd like to know if there's a way to add a link at the bottom of a Gallery post, similar to the Attach Files box you describe here. For instance, after posting a double page spread as two separate Gallery posts, I'd like to place a link on each page (i.e. Dropbox) of the double page jpg. I tried it yesterday, it didn't work. Photobucket, which requires a subscription, was suggested by Anna.
hmm, let me make sure I understand you. :) First, you upload both halves of a double page to the gallery. On both of these two pages you would like to provide a link to the complete double page? Is that correct? If so, could you just upload your double page to the gallery? (which would make three uploads; left, right and double) This is old one I did back in 2012 which demonstrates what I mean:
1706925785537.png

Unfortunately we can't link to outside sites to view layouts (but of course you can use outside sites to upload to the gallery, like Photobucket - there isn't any point in uploading to Photobucket and providing a link here as nothing will be seen. :))

So if I have got it all wrong, please tell me! lol! :)

lacy

aA Creative Team Member
hmm, let me make sure I understand you. :) First, you upload both halves of a double page to the gallery. On both of these two pages you would like to provide a link to the complete double page? Is that correct? If so, could you just upload your double page to the gallery? (which would make three uploads; left, right and double) This is old one I did back in 2012 which demonstrates what I mean:
View attachment 412023

Unfortunately we can't link to outside sites to view layouts (but of course you can use outside sites to upload to the gallery, like Photobucket - there isn't any point in uploading to Photobucket and providing a link here as nothing will be seen. :))

So if I have got it all wrong, please tell me! lol! :)
Yes, you have it all straight. I think it would be easiest to post as 3 posts, i.e. your example. So, a 500px x 1000px, max 500 kb would be acceptable?

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O
As per the Gallery requirements, the following size is the maximum you can use. The message directly below is on the main screen of the Gallery.

1707010548153.png

When you upload layouts however, you will see this message below. Please disregard the sizes crossed out on the screen shot. You can creep the page size up a bit to around 700px but you need to keep it under 250kb.

1707011493202.png

In that example I showed above, this was the size of it:

1707011809497.png

As you can see it gives the viewers the idea of what the two pages look like together, hope the helps Lacy! :)