Oscraps

February Art Journaling Challenge #1

scribler

The O is my hOme.
CHEERY O
Welcome to the very first of Oscraps' new Art Journaling Challenges. Each month, we will be presenting you with art journaling specific challenges to help inspire your creativity. I am so excited to be hosting. the very first challenge. Susie (@pachimac) will be hosting a second challenge starting February 15th.

If you are new to art journaling, don't worry. I am going to begin by explaining a little bit about it. Cause I want to see lots of y'all joining in.

Art journaling is a creative form of scrapbooking that gives you the chance to get your feelings and emotions on the page using words and images or just images. Now's your chance to get messy and try new things in any style of scrapbooking you prefer. You can use a very messy art journaling style like most of y'all are imagining. You can also go with pocket style scrapping or even with a more traditional style. That is up to you. Now is your chance to use paint, gesso, fun word art or cute art dolls. Art journaling is all about freedom to be creative.

For this month's challenge, we will be using mood boards to gain inspiration. Because art journaling is about creative freedom, I am not going to tell you how many images are needed to inspire you. Be inspired by the colors, the images or a feeling that the mood board inspires. That is all up to you.

Here is the mood board I created for this challenge.
FebruaryMoodboardOscraps.jpg
Here is my page for the challenge.

SoSheDid800.jpg
Gallery Link

Everyone who participates in either challenge this month will be entered into a drawing for a $5 gift certificate to Oscraps. You can create up to four pages to receive four entries.

Challenge Rules:
You have until 11:59 p.m. ET on February 28th to complete your pages for this challenge.
To qualify for the drawing, you need to use 80% Oscraps products that are currently in the store (non-Oscraps products or retired O designer products can be used whether the designer is selling elsewhere or not).
You need to credit all the products used on your page.
You cannot use a page you create for this challenge for another Oscraps challenge.
Upload your page to the Art Journal Gallery and then add your layout to the challenge thread. (Below you will find instructions on adding your page to this thread.)

I can't wait to see the pages y'all create.​

Adding a linked layout from the Gallery to a thread:

1. Upload your layout to the gallery first. In your forum post click the Gallery Embed icon (little camera).

2. This will open your gallery, simply click on the layout you require, then scroll down to the bottom of the screen and click the Continue button.

3. Your linked layout is now in your post, the image will appear once you have clicked the Post Reply button.​

Last edited:

scribler

The O is my hOme.
CHEERY O
I just had to play with some bright red! Mostly worked with the colors, shapes and lines in the macaw photo but had to add the butterfly and just the general exciting look. Hope this works as AJ.

Thank you for being the very first page created for the new challenges!

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O
I just had to play with some bright red! Mostly worked with the colors, shapes and lines in the macaw photo but had to add the butterfly and just the general exciting look. Hope this works as AJ.

Well WOW!!! Jean, they may not be your preferred colours but just wow!!! what an awesome and very creative page, I absolutely love it, so bold and oh so beautiful! ♥

scribler

The O is my hOme.
CHEERY O
@Oldenmeade You are welcome to create as many pages as you want. The maximum entries you can receive for the prize drawing is four but you can create as many pages as you wish.

Oldenmeade

@Oldenmeade You are welcome to create as many pages as you want. The maximum entries you can receive for the prize drawing is four but you can create as many pages as you wish.
Thanks, Cindy. Since I'm on the Oscraps CT, I wouldn't be eligible for the prize draw. But that's good info for anyone else who might be wondering :)

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O
I finally had some time to play, yay!!! Here is my page, from the Inspiration board I went with the pink and orange colour combo and the butterfly inspired me towards a nature type of page. When I saw Jenn's little bird sitting on a branch with the word Inspire stamped across it's body in my stash I knew I wanted to use it. I also what that to be the focus of my page so I desaturated the image and duplicated the layer and changed the blend mode to Linear Burn to make it darker. I then went through the 52 Inspiration 2020 and 2021 range and found stamps, brushes and background paper to fit the scheme.

svanderhaegen

CHEERY O
these are so not my colors. It makes we wish we could search kits by color in the shop :) ;-)
But I'm gonna give it a try

scribler

The O is my hOme.
CHEERY O
I want to thank everyone who participated this month in our new art journal challenges. Our March challenges will begin soon.