Oscraps

Favorite Flower

Scrapmemories

Lorraine
Happy mother's day to all that celebrate (furbaby moms included)
Last night my daughter and I were having a conversation when she asked what my favorite flower is. I thought hard for a few minutes and couldn't come up with one. I love all flowers. I have some I prefer over others like lilacs, hydrangea, orchids and daisies. Kind of surprised myself that I don't have a favorite.

There are also some flowers that conjure up wonderful memories like when I was a tween I would visit my uncle in Maryland for the summer. Next door was a farm that had fields full of sunflowers. I'll never forget how amazing those rays of floral sunshine made me feel. Gardenia's are flowers that will forever be connected to my mom. If I smell a gardenia, I think of my mother. It's her favorite.

I'm looking forward to you sharing your favorites and add a story if you have about flower memories.

Last edited by a moderator:

AZK

Queen of the Universe
CHEERY O
My favorite flower, hands down, are lilacs. The fragrance is divine and they're purple, my favorite color. Also high on the list are lily of the valley, again, because of the fragrance.

Jeannette

CHEERY O
Too much flowers too choose from. I love so many flowers, but red en yellow flowers are my favorite!

VickiStegall

Administrator
Designer
CHEERY O
My favorite flowers are gerbera daisies.

The meaning stems from the general daisy family and stands for innocence and purity, as well as being a classic symbol of beauty. However, the gerbera variety holds an added meaning of cheerfulness, which is attributed to the numerous colors. They are believed to lessen everyday stressors.

I may need to try to find some to lessen my everyday stressors about now lol.

Scrapmemories

Lorraine
My favorite flower, hands down, are lilacs. The fragrance is divine and they're purple, my favorite color. Also high on the list are lily of the valley, again, because of the fragrance.

I couldn't agree more with your choice. The bunches of tiny purple flowers and that amazing fragrance.

Scrapmemories

Lorraine
My favorite flowers are gerbera daisies. I may need to try to find some to lessen my everyday stressors about now lol.

These are such happy flowers. Sometimes I would use my lunch break and visit a local nursery just to photograph the flowers. I need to pull some of those out and scrap with them. Maybe you can make a gerbera daisy scrap page too!

marijke

I love the O!
CHEERY O
I have a lot of flowers that I love ... it goes a bit with the season ... hyacinth, lilacs, peonies, poppies, daisies .... ...
If I buy tulips I will never buy yellow ... the only yellow flowers I like are sunflowers ...

Scrapmemories

Lorraine
I have a lot of flowers that I love ... it goes a bit with the season ... hyacinth, lilacs, peonies, poppies, daisies .... ...
If I buy tulips I will never buy yellow ... the only yellow flowers I like are sunflowers ...

I love your favorites Marijke. I'm not a huge yellow fan in general but aren't bothered when it comes to flowers.

vivaartistry

Designer
I love rosa rugosas (shrub roses) and the common red poppies!

And, I just found out my mom loves the double petaled hibiscus (I live in FL too so these do great around here)!!!! She just got her 3rd one (orange, red, and coral) waiting on a yellow one.

Scrapmemories

Lorraine
I love rosa rugosas (shrub roses) and the common red poppies!
And, I just found out my mom loves the double petaled hibiscus (I live in FL too so these do great around here)!!!! She just got her 3rd one (orange, red, and coral) waiting on a yellow one.

Hi Vivienne: what part of Florida? I live near Ft Lauderdale. I used to have hibiscus. I need to plant a couple of bushes because they grow so easily and love the flower shape

veer

I love the "O"
CHEERY O
I can't name a single favorite, like Marijke every season it is different for me
But i think a bouquet with field flowers is the most beautiful, a mix of different types of flowers.

Nickel

Feeling Owsome at the O!
CHEERY O
Too much prettiness to choose from! I adore dandelions, hollyhock, tulip, lilies, Tree blossoms..you name it.

scribler

The O is my hOme.
CHEERY O
Hi Vivienne: what part of Florida? I live near Ft Lauderdale. I used to have hibiscus. I need to plant a couple of bushes because they grow so easily and love the flower shape

We do not live too far from each other since I live in St. Lucie County.

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
I don't think I have a favorite. I don't think I even pay much attention to the particular ones I have in my yard. I just enjoy watching them grow and bloom. I lean more toward the bee-friendly ones when I have a choice.
I can tell you a flower that I am not permitted to like. Petunias. My son worked in a local garden center for years and he hated dealing with the petunias. Watering them was a production since the petals are so fragile. Then removing the wilted ones. And they were sticky on top of it all. So watering one greenhouse of petunias would take him hours and hours. he would come home very cranky after that!