Oscraps

Exercise

veer

I love the "O"
CHEERY O
What movement (is that a correct word for physical exercise) do you do to keep fit ?

I had a walk for 40 min.today. Last year i went to the gym but i don't like that anymore.

DoggiNo

Dru Yoga ... once a week and not in school holidays.

Good for body and mind ... unfortunately it can't heal all my issues.

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Does typing count? :ranger:

I am so much more active in the warm weather when I can get outside to do yardwork and walks. I keep telling myself I really need to get back into yoga- mind and body, but not everything... same as you Katja.

ninigoesdigi

O sO silly
I haven't been active in the past few months apart from my Pokemon walks. I need to go back to Curves. I need to have stronger legs since I am not sure I can ever loose the weight lol At least I need strong legs to support me ;)
I used to do yoga but my teacher stopped and so did I... I need someone to push me.

petey111

I like walking and hiking when it's nice out. In my basement I have a recumbent exercise bike. When I'm really trying to get going again, I put on an episode of a show I love, bike for 15-20 min., then do some leg lifts, crunches, and arm exercises with weights. Nothing at all fancy. But it would really help if I would actually do that again!!

I did say to my husband the other day that given my addiction to books and shows where the heroine kicks butt, maybe I should get in shape by learning to kick butt. LOL There is a kickboxing place, mostly for women, not far from my house. There is another place that does more fighting style stuff, but they have a "Thai Boxing" class that is coed. I'm considering both of those, but I feel so intimidated to go to the classes. I need to figure out a way to get over that.

taxed4ever

Administrator Crazy about the "O"
CHEERY O
Not a gym person, but I do love to swim laps and need to get back at that again! I was up to 30 or so laps for a while there, but life got very busy over the Christmas season and I haven't been back to the pool for a while now. I also love to hike with my hiking group, but that has not been happening lately either because of the weather and the icy conditions. Hope that the weather warms up and we can get out there again! I found some great yoga videos to try out as an option for exercise also.

marijke

I love the O!
CHEERY O
I like walking ... when the sun is shining :) cold does not matter ... if the sun shines
I usually take my camera along.

Since November, I have suffered from a heel spurs. Early December I started treatment with the physiotherapist ... it's better, but not completely. A long walk is not there yet ...

bcgal00

CHEERY O
I haven't been using my gym membership. I had a hard time getting myself there, procrastinating and not going, this last year. I go out walking almost daily with Taz and want to increase that, along with getting a home program set up for weight lifting and HIIT sessions. I like the idea of higher intensity and shorter duration workouts. I have a lot of videos to try out from youtube.

veer

I love the "O"
CHEERY O
I like walking ... when the sun is shining :) cold does not matter ... if the sun shines
I usually take my camera along.

Since November, I have suffered from a heel spurs. Early December I started treatment with the physiotherapist ... it's better, but not completely. A long walk is not there yet ...

I had surgery for the heel spurs Marijke, 4 years ago !

VickiStegall

Administrator
Designer
CHEERY O
Last year I was doing HIIT, weights, and circuit and I LOOOOOVED it. And, it made me very strong and healthy and I'm convinced that helped my recovery from the mastectomy.

I can't do all of that yet. I haven't even been released for any exercise since my last surgery. But, I see my doc Wednesday and he'll probably release me so my couch potato time is coming to an end.

I think I'm going to start with Yoga this time. Since my diagnosis, I have recently realized that everything, and I do mean EVERYTHING is life or death to my psyche. So, I'm thinking yoga might help me learn to relax again.

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
And here I am again, aggravated at myself that I had time to break out my yoga mat yesterday and I didn't.

Most people would be shocked but when I was in college, I was a pretty serious weightlifter. My BF at the time was a power lifter and he got me started. I see pictures of my calves back then, Dang... so cut. Now I am just a soggy mess. LOL

AFTdesigns

Designer
Designer
I think I'm going to start with Yoga this time. Since my diagnosis, I have recently realized that everything, and I do mean EVERYTHING is life or death to my psyche. So, I'm thinking yoga might help me learn to relax again.

I hope it helps you Vicki! I do yoga b/c I know my body needs the flexibility but my type A personality? Relaxing, even when I'm doing yoga is a struggle for me ;)

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Amanda- that is the hardest part of yoga and meditation for me too.I cannot get my brain to turn off. I have OCD as well as Lyme Brain Fog so some days my thoughts are ricocheting around really slllloooooowwwwwllllly!

VickiStegall

Administrator
Designer
CHEERY O
Mine too. But, my thoughts zooooooom zooooooom zooooooom.... I kinda wish they went slowly like Chris' lol.

I just got released from any restrictions yesterday - YAY! and CRY! because now I have to do something.....

scrapinmom

CHEERY O
I have lost 6 lbs since the 1st of the month, which I sure must be the water weight. I am exercising more and my goal is to get 10,000 steps on my fit bit each day.

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Mine too. But, my thoughts zooooooom zooooooom zooooooom.... I kinda wish they went slowly like Chris' lol.

I just got released from any restrictions yesterday - YAY! and CRY! because now I have to do something.....
:pound:

I have lost 6 lbs since the 1st of the month, which I sure must be the water weight. I am exercising more and my goal is to get 10,000 steps on my fit bit each day.

:high5:

ninigoesdigi

O sO silly
I went back to Curves yesterday!! I have even put down in writing in my planner the days I HAVE/CAN go there. I need to force myself to go because as I work mainly from home, once I started something after classes, I have a very hard time to stop to go exercising... But I really need to go. My blood pressure isn't good and I need to do something about it. I am like my father and I need to work on this now while I am still "pretty" young lol
Cross fingers for me I don't stop again.

VickiStegall

Administrator
Designer
CHEERY O
I went back to Curves yesterday!! I have even put down in writing in my planner the days I HAVE/CAN go there. I need to force myself to go because as I work mainly from home, once I started something after classes, I have a very hard time to stop to go exercising... But I really need to go. My blood pressure isn't good and I need to do something about it. I am like my father and I need to work on this now while I am still "pretty" young lol
Cross fingers for me I don't stop again.

YOU CAN DO IT!!!!! I believe in you!

Ellen

before this flue /virus/pneumonia lark I used to go swimming every week. I'm now ready to pick it up again .It's a special arrangement for the over 55 's and usually there's a group of 6 ladies and 1 man. We have full use of the swimmingpool-sauna-whirlpool -gym which is great but then....they provide lunch for us homemade soup- delicious bread - and cakes so the calories you loose by swimming are put on again.:bounce:

when I'm in Holland I cycle everywhere- here only in the summer because of the winds in winter . we're planning to start a walking group as well but will probably end up in the tearoom after that.