Oscraps

Ever tried one of those amazing "DIY" projects you see on Pinterest?

Vicki Robinson

Designer + Brush Queen + Mac Guru
Designer
They always look so easy, don't they? I don't know about you, but I always try them — full of optimism and anticipation ... but then .....

I have a post on my website about one of those adventures you might enjoy - and identify with!

AZK

Queen of the Universe
CHEERY O
I do a fair amount of DIY (right now mostly home improvement, having moved into a new home a few months ago), and one thing I learned is that things ALWAYS take 2-3x longer to finish than it looks like it will. And yes, sometimes just buying what you want is the way to go.

Is that last photo in your post the end result? They look great!

Vicki Robinson

Designer
I do a fair amount of DIY (right now mostly home improvement, having moved into a new home a few months ago), and one thing I learned is that things ALWAYS take 2-3x longer to finish than it looks like it will. And yes, sometimes just buying what you want is the way to go.

Is that last photo in your post the end result? They look great!
Yep — thats my art table in my old house. And I sooo agree. Sometimes making stuff leaves you with a good feeling and sometimes not so much! Lol!

Nickel

Feeling Owsome at the O!
CHEERY O
I like them al lot but i agree with you that going to the hardware store (or the secondhand) is a little less fuss..

Jam-on-toast

CHEERY O
I rarely try those.... mostly because I'm quite realistic about my own skills... but also because so many of those 'recycling' projects require a lot of new stuff - paints, glue etc... which can't be all that green... not to mention that the snob in me doesn't really fancy decorating my bathroom with cheap-looking repurposed shampoo bottles... what I do do though, is try out baking/cooking hacks... some of them are good, like for example using a mini-muffin baking tray to shape sushi, or making mandarins look like mini-pumpkins for Halloween...

Madi

Diane
CHEERY O
I love those projects and a lot of them end up on my private pinterest board. Hoping to do some of them someday!

marijke

I love the O!
CHEERY O
Once I tried ... and with success. My DIL liked them and wanted them ... I didn't make any new ones for myself...

beton.jpeg

12190056_10153477073043381_4186970154272038034_n.jpeg

felis

The whole eternity ago I had Etsy shop that makes me really misanthropic, but then I was made something like that. Small painted bottles, good that I still keep photos at Pinterest.

bccc644df537b3b8f05daee06f1794f4.jpg
491b91fff030317c611719f092117000.jpg

I love to try different projects:
pinterestno4.jpg
pinterestno3.jpg
pinterestno2.jpg
0a6d5da5ce9107c85fe2efe21481d073.jpg

Thank you for this chance for flattering myself! :D;)

Vicki Robinson

Designer
The whole eternity ago I had Etsy shop that makes me really misanthropic, but then I was made something like that. Small painted bottles, good that I still keep photos at Pinterest.

bccc644df537b3b8f05daee06f1794f4.jpg
491b91fff030317c611719f092117000.jpg

I love to try different projects:
pinterestno4.jpg
pinterestno3.jpg
pinterestno2.jpg
0a6d5da5ce9107c85fe2efe21481d073.jpg

Thank you for this chance for flattering myself! :D;)
Those are so cool! Good for you waaaay braver than I am! Lol!