Oscraps

Email notifications

AJM

How do I receive an email for a watched post? Watch post and checking “receive emails“ doesn’t seem to work for me.

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O
Hi Aly, there is a guide HERE that hopefully answers your question. Let me know if it doesn't though! :)

AJM

Thank you! I did read that, all 3 emails boxes are checked and I checked receive emails on the forum I like to watch, but I’m not receiving an email. I’m trying to accomplish to receive an email, when my designer post’s a new release, so I’m not missing anything.

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O
Thank you! I did read that, all 3 emails boxes are checked and I checked receive emails on the forum I like to watch, but I’m not receiving an email. I’m trying to accomplish to receive an email, when my designer post’s a new release, so I’m not missing anything.
ahhh, okay, will follow this up with Vicki for you and let you know here. :)

Vicki Robinson

Designer + Brush Queen + Mac Guru
Designer
It’s not just you Aly — the email notifications have not been terribly reliable. Did you check your spam box —I did find a few there.

Reactions: AJM

VickiStegall

Administrator
Designer
CHEERY O
Hi Aly,
Sorry you're having a hard time. You've said you have the 3 email boxes checked. What about the alerts boxes at the bottom? Would you please post a screenshot of your settings? Or you can email it to me at support@oscraps.com.

Also, you might try using another email address to see if your email provider is blocking email from the forum. Gmail is usually what I recommend since they don't tend to block us.

AJM

Here are my settings...
So sorry for this, I just want to make sure my settings are right, because I'm Dutch, I often think I'm misreading or not getting it right. I do also have a gmail account, but my current email is my official paid for address.

Screen-1.jpg
Screen-2.jpg
Screen-3.jpg

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O
Oh don't apologise Aly! :) I will let Vicki @VickiStegall take a look. With the alerts, always know that you can come in and turn some off if you start getting to many, a lot of members have done that. :) Not every alert will generate an email, so some of them you may want to turn off later, but its all personal preference. :)

felis

I'm not sure it is my gmail or the O, but I don't get notification for Direct Messages as it was before.
It happens already twice. :confused:

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O
I'm not sure it is my gmail or the O, but I don't get notification for Direct Messages as it was before.
It happens already twice. :confused:
Thanks for letting us know Felis, we are looking at it and it seems to leave Oscraps server okay, that is, there is notification to say it couldn't be sent for any reason. That is the reason why Vicki thinks there could have been a change in the email settings on the recipients end. But we are still searching. :)

Vicki Robinson

Designer
@wombat146 and @VickiStegall — I’m not getting email notifications for conversations either and emails from watched forums and even threads I watch have been sporadic since we moved to this forum. Sometimes they come regularly and other times for days there won’t be any. I just saw a convo notice in the forum this morning from 4pm yesterday and went back to look for email and there’s nothing I’ve checked my settings many times and I’m always careful when I manually “Watch” something. I’ve use my gmail account and never find oscraps in spam. So they are getting trapped somewhere in the middle.

VickiStegall

Administrator
Designer
CHEERY O
After much research, I think I finally found the answer here: https://xenforo.com/community/threads/content-email-notifications.188910/ (in case anyone wants to read the source)

You will only get one notification for a thread until you've read it again.

So, if you very specifically need to get emails about one particular area for posts, you might change your settings to only watch things you specifically set to watch. And, then don't miss an email because you will only get the one email about it.

Another option is to come back to the forum frequently and check the alerts at the top right by your profile.

I wish I had a better answer for you, but it looks like this is the designed working for the forum as that is the developers talking about it in the above mentioned thread.

Vicki Robinson

Designer
I realize there’s nothing else we can do, but I’m not getting emails for things I’m manually watching (at least not regularly), I didn’t get an email about the comment you posted, and I didnt get an email when someone started a conversation with me. So some where emails are getting stuck.

scrap-genie

When we first went to this format I got more email notifications (to Earthlink) than before but now I don't get any including when a new conversation is posted. Actually I daily check the conversation and alert buttons and probably prefer it this way.

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O
I just signed to watch this thread and clicked on email notifications and received an email to say that Jean had posted in the thread
1647243934761.png

but not another one to alert me to Aly's post.

So it looks like what Vicki said above, you get one email, and then nothing.

Vicki Robinson

Designer
@AJM - Did you make sure you are "watching" the forum itself that the designer is posting to?

VickiStegall

Administrator
Designer
CHEERY O
I do not even get one email, I only get the newsletter…
The newsletter is on a completely different setup so it's possible that your email provider is blocking us. You might try another email account and see what happens.

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O
I received another email notification when Vicki Robinson replied to Aly in Post #19 above, but nothing for Jean's, or Vicki's posts above. Will keep a check on it. :)

VickiStegall

Administrator
Designer
CHEERY O
I received another email notification when Vicki Robinson replied to Aly in Post #19 above, but nothing for Jean's, or Vicki's posts above. Will keep a check on it. :)
And when you posted, you visited the thread so therefore "read" it again. So maybe you will get a notification after this post.

VickiStegall

Administrator
Designer
CHEERY O
There you go! Now we know how it works. I think if the notifications are very important for things like CT duties, etc, then we need to be very selective about what we "watch" and then don't miss those emails.

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O
Yes, I did and I have changed my email to a gmail account now.
I just received another email to notify me that you responded to the thread Aly! :) Let us know how the new email goes, and of course, when you get your first email, just pop into the forum and leave a post, just an 'okay' would be sufficient which will then generate another email when someone else posts after you. :)

AJM

I just received another email to notify me that you responded to the thread Aly! :) Let us know how the new email goes, and of course, when you get your first email, just pop into the forum and leave a post, just an 'okay' would be sufficient which will then generate another email when someone else posts after you. :)
YAY, I received an email on the gmail account that you responded! :) So the new email is working!! Thank you all for your help!

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O
YAY, I received an email on the gmail account that you responded! :) So the new email is working!! Thank you all for your help!
yay!!! doing happy dance!!! but I wouldn't be watching too many forums with an email alert, you will be worn out popping into the forum all the time!!! lol!!! hahahaa!! But glad it's working now! :)