Oscraps

download managers for mac

Tamsin

I'm wondering if anyone uses these to download large files and can recommend one. I want to go shopping but still haven't downloaded a few items I bought a couple of weeks ago because of a limited internet allowance. I get slowed and once that happens it's impossible to download anything other than very small files.

It's very frustrating. I might just have to bite the bullet and buy more gig but would appreciate any advice you can offer. Thanks.

Romy

sorry, I have no experience with such managers (beside the one from Adobe, when I used to download Photoshop upgrades)

taxed4ever

Administrator Crazy about the "O"
CHEERY O
Sorry I do not use any such thing either? Do you use Safari for your browser? Have you updated to the latest operating system on your Mac? Perhaps you need to clear your cache?

Tamsin

Thanks but I"m pretty sure it's just to do with being slowed. The connection is just too slow to download. It might download a part of the file but then stops. There is no option to pause or resume the default downloader far as I know. I think some managers split the file and allow the downloading to resume so you don't start downloading the whole thing again. Trouble is there are so many managers and I don't know how resource heavy they are. I thought someone might have some experience to offer in that respect too. I live in a rural area and don't have access to high speed broadband.

Last edited by a moderator: