Oscraps

Do You Use ACDSee? I have a Question

scribler

The O is my hOme.
CHEERY O
Do you like it? Is it worth the effort? If you were starting to organize from scratch would you choose it again?

I am thinking of getting it while they are having a clearance sale. My plan to use Evernote would work but it's not perfect. (If I could tie a note to a folder on my hard drive, it would be.) So wanting to see what y'all would do if you use it.

Vicki Robinson

Designer + Brush Queen + Mac Guru
Designer
Do you like it? Is it worth the effort? If you were starting to organize from scratch would you choose it again?

I am thinking of getting it while they are having a clearance sale. My plan to use Evernote would work but it's not perfect. (If I could tie a note to a folder on my hard drive, it would be.) So wanting to see what y'all would do if you use it.
I think I know how to link to a folder in Evernote. But you need to install the Firefox browser to make it work. Are you a Mac or PC? And what browser do you use now?

scribler

The O is my hOme.
CHEERY O
I think I know how to link to a folder in Evernote. But you need to install the Firefox browser to make it work. Are you a Mac or PC? And what browser do you use now?
Alas, I am now using Windows. (I really want to go back to the Mac. Can you tell? lol) I already use Firefox as my main browser.

Vicki Robinson

Designer + Brush Queen + Mac Guru
Designer
Alas, I am now using Windows. (I really want to go back to the Mac. Can you tell? lol) I already use Firefox as my main browser.
Here's what I do.

In Windows Explorer, locate the folder you want to link to ... don't open it. Open Firefox and move it's window so you can see Windows Explorer. Drag the folder icon from Windows Explorer to the address bar in Firefox (where a url would normally be). That will create a url for the folder.

Screen Shot 2021-09-07 at 7.49.19 AM.png
Select that entire url (starts with file:///) and Ctrl C to copy.

In your note in Evernote, click the chain link icon to insert a link, In the top box type whatever you want - the kit name or whatever - and in the second box Ctrl V to paste the link you copied and click ok.

Now you have your link to the folder on your computer. The first time you click on it, it will ask if you really want to do that. I check the box that says "don't ask again".

Let me know how that goes for you.