Oscraps

Do you like to organize/re-organize your home?

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
I'm talking about cleaning and organizing drawers and cupboards, specifically. I've been on an organizing kick lately and mainly get motivated at night. We had two big drawers in the kitchen that were out of control. I threw away/rehomed so many things AND I found some things that I had been looking for! That's always serendipitous. I'm not finished yet, but I've also gotten three big cupboards organized, too. SO much more "real estate" when things are organized.

How about you? Do you get on "kicks" or are you organized all of the time???

ClaireG

CHEERY O
Since we only moved in last October, we have been keeping a clutter free home. But I have a craft room and a sewing room that are constantly being re orged! I am currently redoing my fabric organisation, as it isn't working as well as I had hoped. So now all the garment fabric, I am washing and hanging and that is working out well so far.
I also have a thing for the guest room. It is like a showroom. I have longed for a guest room, so I am always tweaking it. Hubby is OVER that.

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
Since we only moved in last October, we have been keeping a clutter free home. But I have a craft room and a sewing room that are constantly being re orged! I am currently redoing my fabric organisation, as it isn't working as well as I had hoped. So now all the garment fabric, I am washing and hanging and that is working out well so far.
I also have a thing for the guest room. It is like a showroom. I have longed for a guest room, so I am always tweaking it. Hubby is OVER that.
Isn't it awesome to have a guest room????? I'll bet your house is just gorgeous, Claire!! I'm loving all of the pictures I see on IG!!

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
nope.

:floorlaugh: The main time re-organizing happens is when we move to a new house....LOL If something is seriously driving me nuts, I will do it, but for the most part, I just *try* to keep things the way they were when we moved in :dance2:
I hear you on that, Jenn. I think our disorganized state happened because we had so many people "helping us" when we moved in and stuff kind of got shoved in where they thought it should be. With Chuck in the hospital/rehabilitation, I've had time on my hands in the evening. He's been the main chef and he's tall, so he puts things up high and I'm short, so I've been re-organizing. Surprise when he comes home. :floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
I'm talking about cleaning and organizing drawers and cupboards, specifically. I've been on an organizing kick lately and mainly get motivated at night. We had two big drawers in the kitchen that were out of control. I threw away/rehomed so many things AND I found some things that I had been looking for! That's always serendipitous. I'm not finished yet, but I've also gotten three big cupboards organized, too. SO much more "real estate" when things are organized.

How about you? Do you get on "kicks" or are you organized all of the time???
I get on kicks of organizing/clearing out! I would love to clear out a bunch of Mark's stuff since we combined 2 households into one. I've gotten rid of as much of my stuff as I can. I just don't know how to tell Mark he needs to get rid of the stuff he has seen in this house for 62 years! He grew up in this house and inherited it and ALL the stuff left behind! Things like big stereo record players.....that doesn't work, none the less! :banghead:

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
I get on kicks of organizing/clearing out! I would love to clear out a bunch of Mark's stuff since we combined 2 households into one. I've gotten rid of as much of my stuff as I can. I just don't know how to tell Mark he needs to get rid of the stuff he has seen in this house for 62 years! He grew up in this house and inherited it and ALL the stuff left behind! Things like big stereo record players.....that doesn't work, none the less! :banghead:
Yes, that's a tough one, Vicky. He's obviously emotionally attached to his "stuff". A big stereo record player that doesn't work..................:floorlaugh:

ClaireG

CHEERY O
No, not at all. I hate housework and I'm just not that organized. Never have been.
I keep the house clean, and luckily my husband helps, but for me cleaning and organizing is soooooo boring and stupid :mad:!
Now wait. Housework v Organizing not at all the same. I pay for a cleaner, always have, it is the reason my Hubby and I remain married LOL!

ClaireG

CHEERY O
Damn.. this is a hard one. Some things are emotional attachments. Hubby and I cleaned out using a service, they didn't do the work, but a lady came and basically went 'what does this do?' 'do you use this?' It was the best $100 we have ever spent before we left NYC and now in our new home we are clutter free and it is the first time in our 20 year relationship that we have been this way.. He always thought it was me, but turned out it was both of us. We did set rules for her though, like 'don't even think about talking about my shoes' LOL

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
Aw, thank you. I am biased, but it is a thing of beauty LOL!! And yes having a guest room is amazing. I still can't believe it!
I'm so happy for you and your hubby. Coming from NYC it must feel like paradise - well, I know it does - I lived there for many years. :hammock: I totally agree about having a guest room too and you also have a dedicated craft room!!

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
Now wait. Housework v Organizing not at all the same. I pay for a cleaner, always have, it is the reason my Hubby and I remain married LOL!
I have had housekeepers for years too, Claire. We always had them in FL and we have one in OK, too. I couldn't exist w/o mine. I don't like housework either, but they do the "deep cleaning" and I can keep up with it. LOVE your response. :floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Kythe

Oh I hear you loud and clear. My hubby is the same way. won't get rid of anything because he 'might just need it one day'. AKKKK!:rantonoff: