Oscraps

Do you keep your kits on your hard drive?

Jam-on-toast

CHEERY O
..or do you use a separate exterman drive and work from there? I used to do the latter - my computer didn't have enough storage so everything I had - kits and templates etc - is on two external harddrives. Now that I have a new laptop and it has 1TB of storage, I am thinking of transfering my supplies onto my new toy and ditching the USB thing... What do you think? I feel external memory is safer, but it feels silly not to take advantage of all the storage my laptop has.... or am I wrong and the hard drive is safer - I would really HATE to lose my stash...

bcgal00

CHEERY O
I have mine on an EHD but want to transfer a second copy to another EHD, I'd be sick if I lost it all. This is a good reminder to do that soon.

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
I have lots of memory on my laptop so a lot of them (all my current kits) are on there. I have 3 EHD's so I make labels and put them on the bottom, so I know what' where. The kits that I rarely use (mostly old ones) I transfer to an EHD. Lots of mine are duplicates, like Rae said @bcgal00 because I like to have backups of my files, too. Once I'm all done with a layout, I move the PSD file + the full sized jpg to an EHD or to a "PRINT FILE".

Betty Jo

♥ Lovin' the O ♥
Everything up until last April, when I got my new computer, I have on external hard drives. My new computer also has 1TB so I haven't been transferring to EHDs since April. But, I'm going to do that, just incase. I will feel safer with a backup copy.

AZK

Queen of the Universe
CHEERY O
Every few months I transfer the TIFF files for my layouts to an EHD that only holds those files. I have another EHD just for kits. I only keep kits on my hard drive that are by designers I'm currently CT'ing for. For example, since I only CT for Oscraps right now, I have a folder of Oscraps designers with all their products on my hard drive. It's easy enough to grab the EHD if I want to make a project with a non-Oscraps product, and it keeps plenty of free space on my laptop, which is older.

I have cloud backup of my laptop and the 2 EHD's.

Nickel

Feeling Owsome at the O!
CHEERY O
i started to save new kits on my new (SSD) EHD but the reason is that I use (2) outside conmputers (with Adobe CC23) . so I have my stuff I need with me.

scribler

The O is my hOme.
CHEERY O
Everything recent (since two I got this laptop two years ago) is on an internal hard drive and an external hard drive. Everything older than that is on at least one external hard drive.

Jam-on-toast

CHEERY O
Every few months I transfer the TIFF files for my layouts to an EHD that only holds those files. I have another EHD just for kits. I only keep kits on my hard drive that are by designers I'm currently CT'ing for. For example, since I only CT for Oscraps right now, I have a folder of Oscraps designers with all their products on my hard drive. It's easy enough to grab the EHD if I want to make a project with a non-Oscraps product, and it keeps plenty of free space on my laptop, which is older.

I have cloud backup of my laptop and the 2 EHD's.
Oh, this is such a logical thing to do... I haven't thought of it for some reason, but it's exactly what I need to do. Thank you so much!

Reactions: AZK

janedee

I keep all my more current supplies on my desktop, backed up to the cloud. I transfer my older supplies to an EHD every six months. I had two EHDs fail on me within a month of each other so I don’t trust them to keep anything current safe But if I lose older supplies it’s not the end of the world.

ClaireG

CHEERY O
I am a super lucky girl. My hubby is a tech wizard and so we have a home server and I have a portion of it for all my goodies. It is backed up every night and it is a joy and a pleasure. I did start with a hard drive, but Hubby didn't like that and then I stored everything in the cloud until he gave me a part of the server (it needs to be big and fast) and it works so well with Adobe Bridge.

Jam-on-toast

CHEERY O
I am a super lucky girl. My hubby is a tech wizard and so we have a home server and I have a portion of it for all my goodies. It is backed up every night and it is a joy and a pleasure. I did start with a hard drive, but Hubby didn't like that and then I stored everything in the cloud until he gave me a part of the server (it needs to be big and fast) and it works so well with Adobe Bridge.
oh, Claire, that's super lucky indeed...