Oscraps

Digital format to fit electronic display frames?

newbie2digi

I am thinking about changing from my usual 12x12 digital format so that I can display my pages/art in an electronic photo display frame. Has anyone done this? If so, please share the details. Since I never seem to print out the 12x12 pages, my family doesn't get to see them.

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
I'm not sure if this is what you're asking, but when I want a LO to be, for instance, 8x10, or any rectangular format, I start my new document in the size I want it to be. I do a few 8.5 x 11 pages if I want to print them myself - that's printer standard size. I send my 8x10, 11x14, etc. to Walgreen's to have them printed.

newbie2digi

Thanks. You definitely answered what I asked. I knew how to make it happen, I just wondered if anyone else was actually doing something other than a square layout or an. 8 1/2 x 11 which seem to be standard digital sizes. I wonder how changing up might limit my ability to upload to digital forums.

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Thanks. You definitely answered what I asked. I knew how to make it happen, I just wondered if anyone else was actually doing something other than a square layout or an. 8 1/2 x 11 which seem to be standard digital sizes. I wonder how changing up might limit my ability to upload to digital forums.
What I do - when I create something other than 12x12 is start a new document (12x 12) then "pull" the oblong layout up onto the new document - center it and "pull the edges out to the corners. That will pul your oblong document on top of a 12 x 12 document. Then, "Save For Web" - 600 x 600 - it will upload your oblong document in a square format. Does that make sense?

Most scrapbook galleries are set up for square and it you use a white background, it won't show.

If this doesn't make sense, PM me.

newbie2digi

Thank you. Your directions make sense. I'd been thinking that I would have to put the oblong layout on a square "background". Does it not stretch your pixels? But maybe it doesn't matter as it is shrunk to the 600x600. I'll just have to give it a try. But, your explanation is spot on. Thank you.

Madi

Diane
CHEERY O
I scrap 99% of my pages in 8x10 / 2400x3000 pixels.
when resizing for web they are 600x750. I upload to the O gallery in this size, they show in that size. only when i look at my gallery they are shown square but the individual layouts are in the 600x750l size.
the 8x10 size is something i can print at home, but hardly ever do that.
i never understood why scrapbook size starts with 12x12, such an unusual and awkward size for me.
i does take a little time to get to know your "new" size in scrapping, but i don't want to go back to 12x12.

Vicki Robinson

Designer + Brush Queen + Mac Guru
Designer
It’s because that was the traditional paper scrapbooking size — an attempt to appeal to paper scrappers. But really, it makes no sense now. I DO create my pages 12x12 but do books that are 6 or 8 inches square so they can be stored easily on standard shelves.

The square format was a really unfortunate decision because it’s so limiting in our very digital device heavy world, thanks for asking @newbie2digi — great food for thought.

i never understood why scrapbook size starts with 12x12, such an unusual and awkward size for me.