Oscraps

**WINNERS ANNOUNCED** DAY 4 - Journaling Challenge | CHALLENGE

scribler

The O is my hOme.
CHEERY O
1638378240280.png

Congratulations to the prize winners for this challenge!

- Winner 1 - $10 to ViVa Artistry is @nightshadow
- Winner 2 - $5 to Veronica Spriggs is @garrynkim

I love Christmas! I love finding the right gifts for others. I love decorating my front yard. I love eating Christmas treats. I love it all. I also love remembering special memories from Christmases past. All of this brings me to this year's journaling challenge, holiday memories.

For this challenge, I want you to create a page that has at least four lines of journaling about a special holiday memory. It can be a special Christmas memory. A special Hanukkah memory. A special Halloween memory. The holiday you journal about is up to you. You can include photos or not. In fact, this could be a great time to journal about a memory for which you have no photos. All of this is up to you but you must include a minimum of four lines of journaling.

Here's my page.
LongAgoGift.jpg

PRIZES:
- Winner 1 - $10 to ViVa Artistry
- Winner 2 - $5 to Veronica Spriggs
*All prize coupons will be distributed during the week after the challenges are closed at the end of the month.

RULES:
- Page must include at least four lines of journaling about a special holiday memory. You don't have to include photos but you must have journaling.
- Please include the words DAY 4 in your title when uploading to the gallery.
- Please use 100% Oscraps products. (Please note this is different from our regular monthly challenges.)
- You need to credit all the products used on your layout.
- Create a post in the 12 DAYS TRACKING THREAD 2021 to keep track of your completed layouts games participation.
(We will select our Grand Prize winners from this thread, so create a post now and remember to keep updating it throughout the month!) :)

- Your page must be posted in the 12 Days Christmas 2021 Gallery by PST 11.59 pm 31 December 2021 and linked back to this thread (see below).
--------------------
Adding a linked layout from the Gallery to a thread:
1. Upload your layout to the gallery first. In your forum post click the Gallery Embed icon (little camera).
2. This will open your gallery, simply click on the layout you require, then scroll down to the bottom of the screen and click the Continue button.
3. Your linked layout is now in your post, the image will appear once you have clicked the Post Reply button.​

Last edited:

Buddy the O' Elf

CHEERY O
Loving this so much!!! It's fun to escape my shelf for a bit. Thanks for being here and spreading the cheer!! Watch out! a coupon might be landing in yourinbox in a few minutes....

spotatoe

Journaling reads: I went to a Christian college of 2000 students. My last Christmas there someone had us pose for the yearbook. To my surprise Santa was our very own President Troutt. Why that should have surprised me I don’t know. Most of the students lived in the dorms & we were more like family than a bunch of students. I will cherish these days always for they were some of the best years of my life.

tanteva

all i need is Oscraps, cOffee, chOcOlate & tOfu
Here's my take on this challenge:

Translation:
It was Christmas 1981, and the magic of Christmas was all gone for me. I knew in advance what was in everyone of my gifts. I felt no excitement at all, and it all just felt boring. But then my sister's boyfriend came up from Stockholm, and he brought a gift for me. When I opened the gift, it was a wonderful boxed set of stationary. White fine papers with a blue flower pattern, and envelopes. All in a simple box, tied together with a blue ribbon. It was so beautiful, and it was my best gift that year, inspite the fact that I had received many of the things I had wished for. This was the only surprise that Christmas.

easyeyes4you

Well I turned this into a PROJECT! I found too many goodies on the WEB... Made a bunch of pages , each different then it was beyond hard to decide on which I liked the best... but this one displays the sense of wonder I was looking for and the tree is pretty accurate.

I shared a bedroom with my younger sister and have no memory of why? or when? but at least one Christmas I was allowed to sleep on the couch in the living room... The Christmas tree lights were left on for me... It was a Magical experience as I laid there looking at the tree in all its splendor. These images are from the Internet , and the tree was from the 60’s , not the 40’s, but it looks like the one I remember... Do you remember tinsel????

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O
Well I turned this into a PROJECT! I found too many goodies on the WEB... Made a bunch of pages , each different then it was beyond hard to decide on which I liked the best... but this one displays the sense of wonder I was looking for and the tree is pretty accurate.

I shared a bedroom with my younger sister and have no memory of why? or when? but at least one Christmas I was allowed to sleep on the couch in the living room... The Christmas tree lights were left on for me... It was a Magical experience as I laid there looking at the tree in all its splendor. These images are from the Internet , and the tree was from the 60’s , not the 40’s, but it looks like the one I remember... Do you remember tinsel????

What a beautiful layout Liz and yes! I remember tinsel!! When I was a kid we also got to make paper chain garlands on the last day of school before the Christmas holidays (down in Australia) and were allowed to take them home. I remember decorating our tree with them as well. :)

hoodsmom

Guess Who!
This is exactly the kind of LO I said I'm not doing this year - one with a gazillion bits from multiple kits, but once I had an idea...
It was actually nice to use stuff in my stash I'd forgotten about.