Oscraps

DANG it's December 1st

Myoldanlac

I Love TaylorMadeDesigns
and I still have NO clue what to get the girls for Christmas!!! :Cry: For any of you that know me at all ... you know aside from HATING socks with an incredible passion .... I also despise Shopping!! :frusty:

We are considering e-readers for all the girls this Christmas, but I am so torn with which one to get and how to go about it ... blah!! Yes, Ideally I would love for them all to have iPads, however, unless y'all know something about the future that I don't know, it's not financially, in the cards right now.
crying-022.gif

What we are looking at is, the Kobo, by Coles/Chapters ... for Danielle (12), and Olivia (7) (**who reads at a grade 6 level*). And then the V-Tech Flip for Mya and Keisha ... 4 and 3 respectively.

For any of you really electronic savvy ladies out there, could ya help me out. Yes, I've read reviews etc ... means NOTHING to me ... just babble. I am looking for someone I trust to explain it to me ;)

:help:

clarabear

always chatty at the O!!
I'm as stuck as you are!! I'm getting Addie an easy bake oven and Ethan climbing shoes...I think. But I only have 2. I have never heard of the Kobo.

Dutch_Diva

and I still have NO clue what to get the girls for Christmas!!! :Cry: For any of you that know me at all ... you know aside from HATING socks with an incredible passion .... I also despise Shopping!! :frusty:

:jaw: OMG Krista we must be lost twins!!! I hate socks and shopping too!! :biggrin1:
My husband has a habit of waving his socks in front of my face and say: do you know what these are? Uh... Nooooo?! :lalala:
And I prefer to shop online so I can do it quick and be done with it. My husband does the groceries; I'll put em away and cook. Seems fair enough to me! :mrgreen:
So since I hate shopping and have no kids, unfortunately I'm no help in that department.

ourmisadventures

I'm as stuck as you are!! I'm getting Addie an easy bake oven and Ethan climbing shoes...I think. But I only have 2. I have never heard of the Kobo.

Make sure you get the lightbulb for the easy bake oven -- because I remember the biggest disappointment the Christmas I got mine was having to wait weeks before I could use it, since we couldn't find a bulb anywhere!

Petra -- I'm also doing all of my shopping online!!! I have amazon prime, so I get free two day shipping.

Ladies, I'm clueless on what to get my sister (10) and my brother (12)... there's no way we can afford anything that they want... probably all video games and stuff.

Bush Girl

Oh, me too. And I've even scrapped but my aversion to shopping!

I'm a fan of online shopping too-last year most of our presses came via Amazon. I do admits to having done one big trip to our local Westfield (I know, you North American girls know all about malls, but for us here in the UK they are a real rarity), and got all the nephews and nieces out the way. All the 11 yr olds up got gift vouchers, like iTunes, Fat Face, White Stuff etc. All the younger ones got a toy/book. Thankfully, we only do kids and grandparents presents in our family, so that's a few less to shop for.

I need to talk to Santa about stocking fillers, but can't pluck up the courage to head off in the ice to meet him at the shops today.

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
oh my!! So thrilling to so so many other shopping haters :D
I hate shopping with a passion! Any time of year- this time most of all. Even when we were in Disney I couldn't stand shopping. I never used to be that bad when I was there, but since we had so many years of being flat out broke, even window shopping made me crazy. I guess even Disney shopping is tainted hahahahah!

None of this helps krista. but we are int he same boat. Very little money and the kids don't want anything much.
We got Scott a hard shell guitar case and no clue for Cait.

LSlycord

It doesn't help Krista...but it does help me! Because I'm in the same boat...I do NOT want to shop. I like to run in and get what I want and get out...which doesn't fit the Mall Model at Christmas! I'd order online...but I'm not inspired! Ugh...

hondachicc

Well..........I know why none of us like shopping (as I don't either)!!! Who wants to be shopping when they could be scrapping???? :mrgreen:

I used to like shopping okay...no real passion for it....but NOW...I HATE HATE HATE IT!!!

Krista, sweetie....wish I could be of some help...but I have no clue about them.

Bush Girl

But the weird thing about the hating shopping, is that my DH LOVES it with an absolute passion, and can't understand my aversion. Mind you, he never has to do the "buy 3 complete sets of school uniform, and shoes, and get haircuts done, and collect the drycleaning, oh, and pick up a little something for dinner" type shopping with 3 stroppy/bored/tired/hungry kids in tow.

Now there's an idea.......get him to do it next time :pound:

mei74

Lol about the shopping! Why face crowds in the store when you can be online, shopping and scrapping. Multi-tasking!! Especially with Amazon Prime.

I am curious to find out more about what you get, Krista. I was thinking of getting C a Leapster or one of those storytelling readers.

hondachicc

But the weird thing about the hating shopping, is that my DH LOVES it with an absolute passion, and can't understand my aversion. Mind you, he never has to do the "buy 3 complete sets of school uniform, and shoes, and get haircuts done, and collect the drycleaning, oh, and pick up a little something for dinner" type shopping with 3 stroppy/bored/tired/hungry kids in tow.

Now there's an idea.......get him to do it next time :pound:

:pound: Selena!!! Isn't amazing the "trouble" that we cause around here!!! HAHA!!!

Yeah...Men love to shop...FOR THEMSELVES!!! They don't do the food shopping, or any of the necessities...

mei74

Yeah...Men love to shop...FOR THEMSELVES!!! They don't do the food shopping, or any of the necessities...

And when my DH comes with me to the grocery store, I spend half the time looking for him after I've sent him to get 1 thing. I've finished shopping, and he's still hunting for that 1 thing. LOL. :hurt:

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
LOL I was just taking a 2 second b-fast break before I leave for work- I have been up since 5am, got both kids to school, exercised,showered, folded/put away one load of laundry, prepped a second load to bring to MIL's, scooped litter boxes and lawn, washed a sink full of dishes from dinner last night (meatloaf-needed to soak!), filled water bottles and wiped down 2 out of the 3 bathrooms. Its only 8:30 and I have done more today than DH will do all day (yes he is still sleeping)
Now I am off to work and my parents are coming for dinner and I am makinghome made broc cheddar soup.
is it any wonder why I am exhausted all of the time???

eep.
how did this thread turn into a men bashing one :rofl:

Callfamilycircus

And when my DH comes with me to the grocery store, I spend half the time looking for him after I've sent him to get 1 thing. I've finished shopping, and he's still hunting for that 1 thing. LOL. :hurt:

That is so me! that's why DH never goes grocery shopping with me. Plus when he goes we end up having a basket twice as full!

I like shopping, though I can get overwhelmed during holidays. I hate crowds. Also you go in with an idea and a list of what to buy, but then you get overwhelmed at how much stuff there is, should I get this instead, oh this stuff is way more expensive than I thought, so I guess I am really beginning to dislike shopping too.

That's why I am going to make some presents this year. My dd will absolutely love it!

helenh

OMGosh these men are all the same! Katrina my groceries are always doubled when he tags along! And yes Selena! Let's send them out, he loves shopping! LOL!

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O
hahahahaha!! tooo funny!!! DH actually doesn't mind going shopping with me which is nice, he'll just sit outside if its a shop he doesn't particularly like and doesn't give those 'are you done yet' looks. Not bad at grocery shopping either I must admit! Now for Christmas shopping......... I have only just, and I mean just finished buying the little girly hair stuff and little shopping bags for the little girls of mine and they are finished!yay!! the rest of my grandkiddies are getting gift cards this year!! easy peasy!!! so I am virtually done and dusted!!! :biggrin: *doing a little happy dance*

hondachicc

Ona, your DH sounds like mine...IF we go shopping, like at the mall, he does the same....but now on the grocery shopping....NO WAY!!! Since I started babysitting, I do my grocery shopping on the weekends, and I drag him with me to help...but LIKE HELEN....my cart contains way more than if I go by myself!!!! and since we shop at Walmart...it's usually not groceries he is putting in there.....he can find every little "gadget".

petey111

I am curious to find out more about what you get, Krista. I was thinking of getting C a Leapster or one of those storytelling readers.

Also, Ben got a TAG a year or so ago at Christmas. I love it and he loves it. He can work on phonics with it, but also hear stories. But it's books and not an e-Reader. In all fairness though, we have my iPod and iPad that we can do kids books on too. :)

shellie

i don't care much for shopping at brick & mortar stores too so i do a lot of it online.

it can be hard to decide on gifts. i got my 7yr a psp bundle and my 4yr is getting multiple dress up clothes. she loves playing dress up and that will really do it for her. i bought a few more of this and that (pillow pets anyone?) since we're not really going for toys this year. i think i'm just about done too.

have you consider a ds?