Oscraps

Daily O's, Wednesday, January 7

mei74

Hi, am I really the first one? LOL. Hoping you all have a great Wednesday. It's a wet and dreary Wednesday here ... don't like the rain, but it's hump day, right?

Is anyone doing Project 365? I've started doing it - 7 days so far, and 7 pictures. Can I keep it going? Hope so. Here's my set on flickr.

Hope you all have a great day! Coffee is on me. :)

t_a_l_i

Wow, here we are! I don't think I've ever been 2nd on the Daily's! ;) I feel like I'm on the ball.

Boden is still night-puking, and I can't figure it out at all. During the day he is fine, then at night he pukes. Last night it was just the once. So strange.

Last night at dance class the girls started practicing for their recital. Watching Ella do the moves nearly brought me to tears. It was way cute.

Mary Ellen - I thought about starting Project 365. I have some other friends doing it and it is pretty cool. But, I'm waaay late to starting. Maybe I'll do it next year. :) I'm off to check our your pics!

Thanks for the coffee!

sandracvrt

good morning... just a quick hi... I've got tons of stuff going... I'd love to do Project 365 too, but it's not going to happen... DeDe Smith at 3Scrapateers just released a huge kit called Digital 365 if anyone's interested... I know we don't like to venture from the O Designers, but DeDe is fabulous and her kits are always awesome!

Okay... gotta run... tons to do... have a great day!

kehfrog

Good morning all!

It's wet and windy here - The wind is supposed to have gusts up to 40 mph today! We've had lots of rain too, so I hope we don't lose any trees.

I've haphazardly been doing the Project 365. I might make mine more like Project 52, though! I can take the pictures, but I don't always get them into layouts. Hmmm...maybe that can be a goal.

Well, have a good day, ladies!

Karen

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
mornin' my o_fam. Yes, I know I cannot believe how late it is! We are having a bad ice storm. At first we got the call that school was delayed and then a half hour later, we got the call for the closing. The ice was so bad on my sidewalk, neither dog could walk on it to go potty. I worry about Harley- she just turned 14 and her back legs are in such bad shape, I can't let her fall. Rayvyn, OTOH is a 3 yo lab who *refuses* to let us cut her nails, so you would think she would have some traction, but she couldn't even get around.
West MIlford Trivia: My twp is the largest in sq miles inthe state on NJ. We also have one of the widest ranges in elevations which gives us our own microcosm of weather patterns. It literally can be raining at my house and snowing by the lake 1/2 mile from me. Or it is snowing on my side of towm, but raining over on the other side. The school district has a tough time calling delays and closings because of this. And if you go "up the mountain" another section of town, it is almost always twice as bad as down here. A few weeks ago we had a small amount of ice/snow in the morning and they had so much ide it brought down trees and power lines. Crazy!

Ok, that was my - man am I tired and my brain censoring mode hasn't kicked in yet- ramble. LOL

That Project 365 sounds really cool, I wish I had the time and determination to start and finsih something like that. Lots of good luck to all of you who are doing it!!

Tali- is Boden congested at all? If his is sniffing downlots of mucus, that could make him bring it all back up at night, Just a thought. Hope he feels better and that no one else gets it!

Sandra- I hear ya- I would love to do the project, but it is just hard wnough breathing every day, KWIM? hahahah!

Karen, hope you don't lose any trees too. So far no wind by me, which is good. wind + ice= trees = mess!
And you have a great attitude! I would start the project, then miss a few days, get discouraged and give up. Then feel like a total failure. Good for you for doing what you can!!

ME- loved your pics! You know-- it really kicked in that this is what people should be taking pics of- not just a million of the birthday party saying "cheese" but the every day stuff. Now I want to join in......

Ok ladies, I am sure I will be back!
Anyone have wishes and wants today?
My WWW:
I wish that I could stay nice and toast warm under my blankets all day.
I want to get some housework done early-ish so I can relax later.
I wish happyness and joy for everyone!

cellomom

...loves her some "O"
ohhhh Chris...a "snow" day!! very cool!! You may not think so, but I always adore weather days. I think you should grab a great book and snuggle down!!! :)

Karen, I'm loving the Project 52 idea!! That's me!! :) enjoy the wind today!!

Sandra, I hope you have a wonderful day today being busy!!! sometimes that is the best!! :)

Tali...ohhhh poor puker!! :) sorry...couldn't resist! LOL!! I agree with Chris...or it could be acid reflux (which may be considered the same thing! LOL!) but I'm not a doctor...I just play one in my house! heehee...have a great day anyway, doll!!

Oh Mary Ellen, I'm off to look at your pics! I have been living vicariously through Jodie's pics, too...when she shows me on yahoo! heehee...and I almost have taken a pic a day, but I don't think yesterday's really counted, cause they were of me looking really rolly for my healthy O pics...ugh!! anyway, you can do!!

I love how projects like 365 get you thinking about everyday life differently. All of a sudden the little things matter! And that's what it's all about...the journey...that is what is important!

I am feeling a little better, still gonna take it easy. I'm so glad I got this right now before all of our crazy life kicked back in! We don't really have any major plans for the next few weeks, unless our gym coach tells us there is a meet...hopefully I'll have more than a week's notice. I've been asking for a meet schedule for three months, but alas, none has been sent home. I may have to call about that!

Hey, guess what? I've been doing my veggie/fruit goal! at least two servings a day! Isn't that great? I like to look at the bright side...you know me! LOL!!!

well, girlies, have a WONDERFUL wednesday!! love you all!!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
ME- and anyone else foing P 365-- what do you think, should I try it out??? I mean I would already be a week behind.....

But it looks very cool.....
Agh, indecision!

TaraLyn

Hi, all. Sorry I don't check in everyday...trying to get in the swing of things, but it feels kind of odd since I don't really "know" you all. I do read though...great...so now I am spying on you all.... LOL

Nothing new here. It's wet and yucky here today, but thankfully the temps weren't that low so it wasn't the icy mess we had expected for this a.m. Unfortunately, the pressure from the storms messes with my sinuses though and I woke up with a doozy of a sinus headache. It was nearly 3 hours (two after meds) until I was feeling almost human. I'm much better now (though I can still feel in lingering) and looking forward to lunch in a bit. Kinda sucks that calling out of work this time of year really isn't an option.

DD has her first dance class tonight since Christmas break. She loves dance so I think she is looking forward to it.

I am working a bit later now with year end looming (we are a 1/31 year end and I am in the Finance Dept) and it's getting hard...even after all this time (9 years at this job and nearly 20 in the field) DH doesn't quite "get it". *sigh* Tonight will be hectic b/c I have to leave here (late) with barely enough time to pick up DD and get her to dance since DH is busy and tomorrow night is a union meeting for him so I have to leave "early" (actually 1/2 hour past quitting, but early for this time of year).

Sorry....guess I am not a ray of sunshine today... LOL

Mary Ellen - great job on the 365. I am doing it too...I missed day two, but instead of giving up I made myself keep going. Let's see if we can do it!

Tali - I hate to say it, but is it possible that Boden has reflux? I think that gets worse when you lay down. KWIM? Or, does he have congestion? If so, maybe it's settling and/or running down when he sleeps and making him ill....Isn't it great to see the girls get ready for recital?! DD's teacher will start now working with them on the routine. She's laid the foundation all year so far, but it's right about now that she picks the song and starts introducing it as a routing rather than individual steps. We'll likely get costumes next month...we saw pictures last month and they are SO cute!

faerywings - That is pretty wild about the weather changes in your area...must making planning kinda difficult....

Big hi to all!!!! Sorry if I missed anyone.

t_a_l_i

Hmmm, don't know what to think about Boden. He isn't stuffy. He had reflux as a baby and was on meds for the first 6 months of his life. I think I'm gonna have Eric take him in.

clarabear

always chatty at the O!!
Hey ladies!!

Today is a good day. I got my butt up out of bed this morning and actually used the wii fit. Yay me!! I got to see dd this morning which was definately a bonus. I still don't have the bank stuff figured out but I am hopeful today. I am done working with my bank and am going to work with the mortgage company now.

So, I think I am going to start the Project 365 tomorrow. Or maybe tonight. I won't be home until after the kids go to bed tonight so I could get a picture of them sleeping or of my husband or my dog. I could do something tonight. I might double up a couple of days to catch up too. Not sure how I want to go about it yet. I think it sounds kinda fun though. I didn't know about it until just the other day though. Christmas and New Years made me a little oblivious to a lot of things. It sounds too cool. Plus i am pretty sure it would be a nice way to keep track of my family throughout the year and then I could put it into a book or something. We'll see what I decide to do with it later. I've got lots of time to figure it out.

I am determined to get some scrapping done today. I got a lo done yesterday which was nice. It came out pretty cute. I bought this kit from Scrap Orchard simply because it was called Ethan's Backyard (it was on sale so I could somewhat justify it) and so I had to scrap something with it. I can't believe how much stuff I have that I have bought because I like it but then I never use it and eventually forget about it. I am horribly addicted to buying a few things. $1 Wednesdays at one of the places I like gets me every week. I don't buy every week but I at least drool a little bit. I need to make a file of things I need to use. I've got masks, actions, templates, not to mention kits. I need to get on it.

ME - you would think you live in the other WA with your description of the weather. It is ugly here. Lots of rain and wind. I love your pics so far for Project 365. I am officially motivated now and I think I want to get on it.

Tali - I don't know how old Boden is but I know that little ones take awhile to get over the flu. My daughter had the flu a few weeks ago and while all of us were fine-ish after 24 hours she had mild bouts of vomiting about once a day for almost a week not to mention how long it took her to get past the Diar. So, it could just be the flu hanging on...that being said if it doesn't go away in a few days you should definately look into reflux and possibly congestion and see what the doctor has to say. I hope he starts feeling better soon.

Sandra - That is a cute kit. That's too bad you don't have time to do Project 365 but you always seem to have a lot on your plate.

Karen - It sounds like you live down the street from me too. this weather I tell ya...

Chris - That is crazy about the weater there it sounds like how my husband describes living by the snowbelt. I think he moved 20 miles one direction and went from a little bit of snow to lots of feet of snow just moving from Cleveland to Chardon, which I believe is not far at all. So, yeah...do the the 365 thing. I have decided I am going to do it although mine will end up being more like Project 358 or 359.

Sally - I am glad you are feeling better. I'm sure eating the fruit is helping you get better.

Tara - I get sinus headaches and face aches too. I hate it. I have to take allegra regularly and I have found that advil cold and sinus seems to work the best for me and I hate that i can't buy it in bulk. I remember the days when my mom used to buy a bottle of 500 from Costco. I understand about the end of the year stuff. My mom is an accountant and she has always had to do that. she is now with a company that is a little smaller and she is able to keep her extra end of year hours to a minimum. Her last job had her working a minimum of 80 hours a week for several weeks with inventories, year end crap and who knows what else. I am so glad she no longer works there. It was horrible.

To everyone else who hasn't been by yet...HI!!! Have a great day!!

katg1006

Hi Everyone!!! *Waves* Yeah we are finally back on a schedule here at our house :)

Me: Thanks for coffee :) I am loosely doing project 365. I am not going to worry if I miss a day, but am trying to capture the important things each day that are happening. I want to make a book at the end of the year. Love your photos!!!! They are awesome especially the laundry!!!! How is Inkheart?

Tai - Oh no...poor Bode..wonder what that is about? Awwwww I bet the recital will be the cutest!!!!

Sandra - How is your Dad doing?

Karen - Welcome :)

Chris...Oh we had one not too long ago here too....and it's so scary with our Lab he's all ready both knees replaced :( I am so afraid...because all it would take is one slip kwim? Stay in and warm today!

Sally that is fabulous about the fruits and veggies!!!! I hope you are better fast miss ya!!!

Tara - hiya! I am sorry your feeling bad today...sinus headaches are the worst! Feel better fast!

I am sitting here eating a yummy salad and getting ready to play a silly game for a little bit before I have to pick up Nick from School. It's pouring and yucky here!

Have a good one!

t_a_l_i

Eric is working on an appointment for him right now. If it weren't for the extremely nasty diapers I would think it was just reflux or congestion. He hasn't been sick in forever.

TaraLyn

Eric is working on an appointment for him right now. If it weren't for the extremely nasty diapers I would think it was just reflux or congestion. He hasn't been sick in forever.

Oh....I missed the part that he was having icky diapers. Either way, fingers crossed that you get it sorted out soon.

mei74

Tali - hugs to Boden and his mama! Hope your baby feels better.

To anyone doing 365, link us up! I want to see all of Ooo ladies' pics! Kat - i love your idea behind it; that's my goal too!

t_a_l_i

I decided to start the 365 today. I extend it to January 7th. ;) I'm not going to get strict about it - if I miss a day, that's ok. :) I am going to focus on the little things that happen in our daily lives that I don't want to forget.

Kat - great idea for doing an album at the end.

Are you ladies just adding the pics to your blogs?

I also want to use this as a motivator to learn to take better photos.

LindaPete

Hi everyone! I've tried to post about 12 times today and got too busy! So this one is going to be a drive by!
We made Christmas Wreaths (I know, it's over Linda) in class today. After Christmas works great because my kids just bring in their discarded Christmas Trees and we cut them up. My room smells GREAT and we really had fun.

Hope all is well with all of you!

sandracvrt

Sandra - How is your Dad doing?

He's okay... very tired most of the time... he has another CT scan and a lung scan on Friday. The CT scan will tell them if the mass has grown in size since the scan 2 months ago... the lung scan is an actual test where they will monitor his breathing and see how much air goes to that part of the lung. It looks like they will be doing surgery, but these tests have to be done first and they will probably be taking a bigger part of the lung than originally thought... he'll have these tests, and then will go back to clinic on Tuesday of next week to determine the course of action and get things scheduled.

Thanks so much for asking!

petey111

Hi all.

Just plugging away here. It got cold again. I'm going to have to clean some more tonight, but I also want to work on our ADSR page and work out. I don't know if I'll fit it all in. How do you all do it?? =)

Sally - What was the name of the potty training book again. I'm so frustrated, I think we need to try some new techniques. =)

Have a good evening everyone!

clarabear

always chatty at the O!!
I need to read that book too Sally. The potty training one. I bought it but haven't read it yet. I had hoped it would be a little more instrucyion manualish and less bookish...if that makes any sense.

Sandra - I've got your dad in my thoughts and prayers. the lung scan is a good test to see how well the lungs are working. It is the only test that will show exactly how much air is getting in and out. I hope you guys get some real answers soon. **hugs**

petey111

BTW - Inkheart is fabulous! Inkspell is good. Inkdeath I'm still weighing in on as I read it. =)

mei74

I wish I had more time to read! I've only been able to do a chapter or two a night of Inkheart, but I am so loving it!! :)

It's too funny that you asked about the potty training book, Sara, because I was just about to pop in here and ask Sally the same question.